• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    I might be looking into the verbiage too much, asking if a weapon is "secure" means to me is it in a safe place and is it going to stay there. Eveyone should assume a gun is loaded.

Thanks for the heads up though, I won't be going there.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Bare Arms has a website:

Bare Arms Firearms - Home | Bare Arms Firearms | Noblesville, IN 476060 | 317-770-6626

And an e-mail address:

store@barearmsllc.net

And phone numbers:

Phone: (317) 770 - 6626
    Fax (317) 770-6639

After reading the OP's experience, I chose to send these dipsticks an e-mail telling them that I will NOT be doing business with their shop, and I am STRONGLY encouraging other law-abiding gun owners to, likewise, boycott Bare Arms.

Hopefully, some other INGO'ers and fellow gun owners on other sites (and those I know personally) will join in, as well.

ANY gun-related business that does not fully support lawful carry by lawful gun owners should be out of business, period.

I personally hope Bare Arms is closed by the end of the year.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yep, that would have been a no go for me as well. OP, you tolerated more than I would have. His right to ask, our right to leave/spend our money elsewhere.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    FWIW, Bradis and BGF down here now have signs that say something to the effect of "for our safety and yours, we ask that all loaded weapons remain holstered"

BGF has always had that sign, and it is nice to hear that Bradis has changed their sign too. Has Bradis II also adopted that policy and posted a similar sign?

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I haven't been to Noblesville for a while but I won't go to that store if I'm up that way. If that ol'boy doesn't like people carrying guns then why does he sell them?

I also wouldn't have disarmed.:twocents:

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    This is how the free market should work. You don't like their policies, you talk with your dollars. You are free to truthfully say what happened and the market decides if the business should be rewarded or punished. No government involved. No human rights commissions.

I live in Noblesville and I've been to the store twice. Indy Gun Safety in Fishers or Tim's in Westfield are much better local stores (or Bradis if want to travel).

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Would have told that ass hat to go **** himself. If someone asks me to disarm in a gun shop they are out of their ****ing mind. That will NEVER happen where i work. EVER/

MemphisR32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Westfield
    I have been in twice and each time after I left questioned who would buy from there. I went in looking for a G19 gen 4 and they had a used one listed for $629. I asked how firm he was on that price and he said he couldn't go below 600. Used for 600!

The second time I went with my wife and she thought it was crazy to have a no guns sign on a gun shop. We both go an uncomfortable feeling there like we were being pegged as criminals. If I wanted to pay high prices I would just go to gander mountain at least there I'm not hawkeyed in the store.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Nothing I hate more than an anti-gun gun store. I've only heard negative things about Bare Arms (not to mention their odd, possibly misspelled, name) and I have passed up opportunities to visit them because of it. I used to live in Anderson and Gunslingers have always been very friendly to me. I ended up moving a few weeks after they opened, but I still make a point of it to stop by when I'm in town. I think taking your business to Gunslingers is a good choice.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If I have work being done, or need something for a gun, or need to take it out for any reason, it is unloaded before going in.
    If it is staying in the holster then it stays in the holster.
    NWI gunshops seem to say the same, even the big box ones.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Nothing I hate more than an anti-gun gun store. I've only heard negative things about Bare Arms (not to mention their odd, possibly misspelled, name) and I have passed up opportunities to visit them because of it. I used to live in Anderson and Gunslingers have always been very friendly to me. I ended up moving a few weeks after they opened, but I still make a point of it to stop by when I'm in town. I think taking your business to Gunslingers is a good choice.

NOT misspelled.
    Historically accurate.

Top Bottom