• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Apparently we have a new candidate for Don's Guns Jr. What a crock. More than happy to try to take your money, but not to treat you or anyone else as an armed equal. Don's Guns, Jr.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    NHE-16347_600.gif

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    My impression with them has been they heavily favor LEOs, with not only price breaks but also with first class customer service and subsequent courtesy, with whatever's leftover for regular folk.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It never ceases to amaze me sometimes how many people in retail are terrible at customer service. Not to be critical of you OP, but when/if that guy tells me to disarm, I'm giving him two choices--either one will result in me keeping my gun on me, in ready condition and only one will allow for a sale to proceed.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I live within a few minutes of Bare Arms and was thrilled to finally have a LGS when they opened. I have been there twice, the second time only because I am a slow learner and thought maybe the first trip was an aberration.

The saddest part to me is that they are one of those places that wears their Christianity on their sleeve with a Christian book corner and all, but I don't see how they can possibly attract anyone to Christ with the way they treat people.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It never ceases to amaze me sometimes how many people in retail are terrible at customer service. Not to be critical of you OP, but when/if that guy tells me to disarm, I'm giving him two choices--either one will result in me keeping my gun on me, in ready condition and only one will allow for a sale to proceed.
    But that one option would be really uncomfortable....

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    My neighbor bought his first handgun there. G23 with standard sights. He bought and paid to have night sights installed there. He brought it home and I could easily see the rear sight wasn't even close to center. Neighbor is new to guns and didn't even look.

Well, long story short, he returned to get them straight and was told that it must have been dropped! Rather rudely I might add. Well, we left with a glock that shoots left willing to now pay to get it right and vowing to never return.

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    This owner also went on the news last year at the height of the universal background check noise to state how he supported them on ALL sales and that he thought ALL sales should have to go through a LGS. He also charges like $35-$45 per transfer. I have been there twice but never again. This last time was yesterday looking for some 22 Mag rounds...well a LEO walks in before me and he greets him by name...then my son and I...no acknowledgement at all...then another LEO a few minutes later walks in with a personal friendly greeting. I even walked to the counter and he more or less turned away. I hope he goes out of business or someone else opens a new shop in Noblesville.

Irishshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Avon
    Spread the word on this place. They give "good" retailers a bad name. Not to many years ago I was new to the shooting hobby, and places like this would deter me from ever taking up the sport. Thankfully I went into Bradis and was treated like a customer and not recruit. This should be posted in the craziest thing I've heard in a LGS thread.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I read the comments left on the FB page last night, went back this morning and they are gone or I can't find them even after clicking posts to page.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    I really do not understand how these type of stores sell enough to keep the doors open. I walked into a small store for the first time and did not notice the sign outside disallowing loaded firearms ( I was cc'ing ). High prices, not best selection, & not overly friendly...no other customers in store... & I spent zero $$. Was going by 6 months later & decided to stop again. This time I saw the sign, hesitated but went in anyway. Same story as before regarding merchandise, etc. left & have never darkened their door again. Stopped at another store several years ago about 15 miles from home for first time. Prices were 25% higher than norm, poor selection, and was treated very rudely. Left & haven't been back. I just do not understand that kind of operation in today's world with all the better options available for consumers.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    They removed my facebook coment, so I have made my Quest to leave new coments daily. Are the LEO's local, ISP or Sheriff Dept? Sounds like they should be on Patrol instead of hangin @ the store. A call to the Chief/Sheriff may get them back on the road.:ingo:

Top Bottom