• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Hey. If I wasn't already invested in Ego 56v I might switch to that. Maybe after all the batteries die. I like the idea of interchangeable attachments like that. As long as there's no compromise on the main function. Wonder how their blowers are? Ego's is awesome.
    I believe there is an EGO with interchangeable heads. I ordered my brother one for birthday one year. Don't recall what all heads are available for it as he's out of state. So far I have the EGO dedicated tools (blower, string trimmer, hedge trimmer)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I believe there is an EGO with interchangeable heads. I ordered my brother one for birthday one year. Don't recall what all heads are available for it as he's out of state. So far I have the EGO dedicated tools (blower, string trimmer, hedge trimmer)
    There is. I have one with an edger, a trimmer, and a cultivator.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I bought a little gas powered Craftsman edger many years ago. That thing has been awesome. It starts every year in spite of serious neglect by me. One year I couldn't even pull the starter rope a half inch. I took the spark plug out and then pulled it and it shot gas out like crazy. I let it sit for an hour and then put the plug back in and it started and I did my edging. I cannot imagine any kind of edger that would be easier to use and do a better job.
    That is one gas powered tool I will always have - that and the lawn tractors.
    th

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I bought a little gas powered Craftsman edger many years ago. That thing has been awesome. It starts every year in spite of serious neglect by me. One year I couldn't even pull the starter rope a half inch. I took the spark plug out and then pulled it and it shot gas out like crazy. I let it sit for an hour and then put the plug back in and it started and I did my edging. I cannot imagine any kind of edger that would be easier to use and do a better job.
    th
    Well...Pulling the trigger and edging is actually easier than having to start the motor. :p

My Zero Turn is gas. I wouldn't trust a battery mower to hold up bouncing around my pastures when I use it out there.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Well...Pulling the trigger and edging is actually easier than having to start the motor. :p

My Zero Turn is gas. I wouldn't trust a battery mower to hold up bouncing around my pastures when I use it out there.
    I would consider trying an EGO edger but the bar is set pretty high for easy to use and excellent results.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    th
    I had one of those. Loved it. The one I had raised the blade up and down vs moving the wheel. Eventually the low grade metal was the arm holding the blade spindle split.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    All right. That's cool. So is it a compromise? Usually do-all tools are.
    Honestly, I don't know. I have a dedicated string trimmer, but the specs on the multi-head version are pretty much the same.

The trimmer is awesome. I use it to trim under my pasture fence. The cultivator does the job as well as other small cultivators I have used. The edger does a good job. Gave away the electric one I used to have. I forgot, I also have the power shovel. I love that thing. I use it for the sidewalk where the dogs go out.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Hey. If I wasn't already invested in Ego 56v I might switch to that. Maybe after all the batteries die. I like the idea of interchangeable attachments like that. As long as there's no compromise on the main function. Wonder how their blowers are? Ego's is awesome.
    The 60v blower is outstanding. I can blow grass from about halfway into the street up into the grass I have an Ego snow blower, and Ego tools have some serious power. I wouldn’t switch if you are already setup on the Ego battery system.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It sucks that my last year purchase does not qualify for an advertised rebate from my power company.

Some of ya'll might qualify for this, with a purchase this year? Or maybe your differerent power company offers a similar rebate? For fifty bucks, might be worth a look see?

20230717_130330.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It sucks that my last year purchase does not qualify for an advertised rebate from my power company.

Some of ya'll might qualify for this, with a purchase this year? Or maybe your differerent power company offers a similar rebate? For fifty bucks, might be worth a look see?

View attachment 287749
    Huh. My pressure washer is getting kind of old.

BlueDrew2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Hancock Co
    No experience with the Dewalt trimmer but I ended up going with the Stihl FSA 57 partially because I'm a Stihl fanboy but also because it is part of their USA made battery powered tools. I have been happy with the USA made blower and the trimmer with the AK 10 and 20 batteries.

Top Bottom