• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    My wife is from...another state...I had to explain to her that if the tenderloin didn't hang off a regular sized dinner plate, it wasn't a Hoosier tenderloin. She thought everything in her old state was bigger...

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    The Angry Donkey in Michigantown on 421 is a small bar/restaurant . I've had tenderloins all over, most are very similar. Theirs was(is?) the best I had ever had. Not tough, the breading was the best! When I asked, I was tod they prepare the tenderloins themselves.
    I ate there a few times while I was building a house nearby in Forest In., always a good meal.
    anyone else ever eat there?

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    The Angry Donkey in Michigantown on 421 is a small bar/restaurant . I've had tenderloins all over, most are very similar. Theirs was(is?) the best I had ever had. Not tough, the breading was the best! When I asked, I was tod they prepare the tenderloins themselves.
    I ate there a few times while I was building a house nearby in Forest In., always a good meal.
    anyone else ever eat there?

I have a can in jail at Down by the tracks in Galveston. I will have to try them out when I get down there to pick it up.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Grindstone Charley`s isn`t bad, Mug-N-Bun not bad, Edwards used to be good, and there WAS a place on west US 40, just west of SR 39 that had REALLY good ones, but it`s under new ownership now, and haven`t been to it. Man, I just LOVE good ol` Hoosier breaded tenderloins!

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    There is/was a restaurant called the Bay Shore Inn right at the entrance to Lake Santee, north of Greensburg. It has been a while since we were there and I don't know if it is still open or under the same ownership but they had a real breaded tenderloin. It was most definitely not a fritter as described by Tactically Fat. Hand breaded, thick, and de-friggin-licious. IIRC, they only did them one night a week. We used to drive the 1 hour plus out there just for the tenderloin. Now I have to go back!

Edit: Just found on FB that new owners took over 1/1/17. The jury is now out but we'll probably give 'em a try anyway.

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    In another thread we were discussing Breaded Tenderloins.

On the subject of Breaded Tenderloins I googled the best in Indiana and got this list of the top 10

10) Nickel Plate Bar & Grill in Fishers
    9) The Friendly Tavern in Zionsville
    8) Oasis Diner in Plainfield
    7) Steer In Diner in Indianapolis
    6) The Tie Dye Grill in Indianapolis
    5) Mr. Dave's in North Manchester
    4) C.R. Heroes Family Pub in fishers
    3) The Mug in Greenfield
    2) Nick's Kitchen in Huntington
    And the winner is.
    1) O'Bryan's Nine Irish Brothers in Lafayette

What say you INGO?

Numbers 7 thru 1 must be very damn good because number 8 is pretty damn good!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Okay, you amateurs. Read carefully because Uncle Rhino is going to school you on tenderloins.

1. Top Notch Bar in Brookston. The best.
    2. Union Jack in Speedway. #2.
    3. The Sunoco gas station on the north side of Crawfordsville on US-231.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And worth mentioning... Though not as big as a "Hoosier Tenderloin" Dairy Queen's tenderloin is tasty when you need a quick fix. Not the best, but still good.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Another honorable mention.. Matthews In.. only gas station in that little town sells a tenderloin that is big and tasty... go there for lunch sometimes and never leave hungry. Just up the road from Ivanhoes and worth the drive and you dont have to wait..:twocents:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Be sure to report back. I've got to know if I'm crazy.

Will do Dirtbiker. I might even be making a trip sooner.
    I need to do a trial of spray adhesive for a waterproofing company in Indy.

I tried another local place in Elkhart, IN
    Heinnie's Back Barn on Lusher Ave

I had the breaded version and Mrs Gluemanz28 had the grilled

I usually get American Cheese, lettuce, tomato, and pickle.
    The server mention Ghost Pepper Cheese as an option.
    I knew I had to try it. It was a mistake, because the cheese was too overbearing and took away from a nicely done breaded tenderloin.

If your ever in Elkhart stop by Heinnie's. I like the bar area the best and they are open carry friendly too.

slipnotz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    Come to Rochester in the northern part of the state. The VFW at the intersection of 14 & 25 serves a good one. Pounded out and hand breaded, it's the size of a dinner plate. I'd put it up against these others.

Top Bottom