• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    You need a ZL1 Camaro. Just tell the wife it only cost $20K. It will be our little secret.

its way roomier than a Vette. :)

I really like that. People say oh black is so hard to keep clean and it shows everything. And they would be right, buuuuut when done properly there is no better color. And that looks proper.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Statistically speaking, I'm within a few months of being at the 50% mark of US male life expectancy. I figure that's midlife crisis time. Nothing furrin. No motorcycles until I retire and get out of the city. Then maybe I'll get an Indian. For now, I'm thinking sports car. Something that you can get in and out of without a lot of stress on the knees (ie, no C3 Corvettes, been there). Nothing furrin. Preferably under $20k. Nothing furrin. I'm thinking a stick shift. Nothing furrin.

Domestic preferred.

Options so far:
    2011+ Mustang (motors were upgraded in 2011 pretty dramatically)
    New body style Camaro. I've had 3 Camaros over the years when I was young, with the '97 Z28 with 6-speed stick being the newest and bestest.
    MAYBE an C5 Corvette. I've always liked 'Vettes. I had a C3 when I was a childish...sorry, childless soldier with no other bills to pay. I know the C5s are waaaay faster and more capable.
    Challenger, but it'd have to be a V8 and they are kinda pricey. Sweet road trip car, though.

I'm not sure how serious I am, but I have been looking at what insurance costs for various options. $40/mo for a 2000-ish Corvette. $70/mo for a 2014 V8 Mustang. You know, just in case.

You can't do a proper midlife crisis with just $20K.

What you need is the Challenger SRT Hellcat. It only has 707 HP, but I'm sure it will get you to the grocery store and back unless there are too many hills.

Or, if you want roomier, you could go for the Charger SRT Hellcat. It also has only a mere 707 HP, but at least you'd have room for the family and some luggage. Plus, you're used to Chargers!

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN

What you need is the Challenger SRT Hellcat. It only has 707 HP, but I'm sure it will get you to the grocery store and back unless there are too many hills.

Or, if you want roomier, you could go for the Charger SRT Hellcat. It also has only a mere 707 HP, but at least you'd have room for the family and some luggage. Plus, you're used to Chargers!
    Booooooooo. Junk Chryslers. Couldn't build a good car even if they were bailed out and bought by a foreign company. :):

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If you want something the family can actually fit in and made in America, maybe look at a Taurus SHO. I traded a 2013 earlier this year. It was a pretty nice car and could move pretty well.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas

The hellcats have more horsepower, but they are also heavier. Everybody knows a Rhino can't out corner a cheetah. :)

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis

I think his squad car is some sort of electric affront to heaven and man...

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The hellcats have more horsepower, but they are also heavier. Everybody knows a Rhino can't out corner a cheetah. :)
    You ain't kiddin about them being heavy. I looked at the first one that came into our dealer, I don't remember that exact number but it was over 5k#.... My 1978 heavy 3/4 ton Chevy truck weights 5,000 on the nose. People make fun of the old muscle cars because they are heavy, but a 1969 Roadrunner is just a little over 3,000 lbs. Those electronics, wiring, air bags, heated steering wheel, chilled cup holders, all add up. :):

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    for a midlife crisis their is only one car manufacturer....Porsche, and you can get any color you like as long as its yellow

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I didn't realize you needed room for more than two.

I'd go for a 2003 or newer Mustang Cobra. 390hp supercharged and all the Cobra goodies. Most are a little over $20k but there are deals that can be had.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    You ain't kiddin about them being heavy. I looked at the first one that came into our dealer, I don't remember that exact number but it was over 5k#.... My 1978 heavy 3/4 ton Chevy truck weights 5,000 on the nose. People make fun of the old muscle cars because they are heavy, but a 1969 Roadrunner is just a little over 3,000 lbs. Those electronics, wiring, air bags, heated steering wheel, chilled cup holders, all add up. :):

I had two '69 Road Runners in high school, and I've always been a Mopar guy, but I really, really want a ZL1. And it has to be black, all black.

https://youtu.be/2a0hOh_EUlc

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

1964 Dodge Polara 426 4 speed tipped the scales around 3250 if memory serves. It was right at 3K when the 383 was under the hood.

Top Bottom