• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    JEEP JK two door! Convertible, stick shift, familyish car, and hella fun! 2012 and up can be considered "fast" for a Jeep that is!

since 2001 I have owned 2 Mustang convertibles, and now a Z4. I have been seriously considering trading for a 2 door jeep, just looks like a lot of fun. To the original posted question, LOVED my supercharged 2005 Mustang GT... probably shouldn't have let it go. Jeep or Mustang is my next decision once I decide to trade the current toy

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    IMO, Vette's are nice but can be a PITA to get in/out of as age hits. Friend had a (I think) 2006 or 2007 Z06 - was a fun and fast car, but was pretty stiff (i.e.: felt every bump) and got old cruising around.

When I had an early "midlife crisis" almost 10 years ago after finishing my MBA and getting the dream job I'd wanted for a while Mrs G made a good comment - get a Vert. The car won't be driven in the winter. It's a fun summer car. Take advantage of the nice weather with the top down.

Black isn't fun to keep clean, but it's a labor of love. The newer ones ride even better and the 5.0 engines are great. This one has over 600hp at the rear. :):

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Mine was a mint condition Thunderbird with all the good stuff. I wanted to be sporty, but still have some comfort. Kawasaki Ninja's for the wild side.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Mine was a mint condition Thunderbird with all the good stuff. I wanted to be sporty, but still have some comfort. Kawasaki Ninja's for the wild side.

Mid-life started for me at mid life and went well into my late 50's. Once started it was hard to stop.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    This was mine. '98 that I bought brand new. It lasted a year and a half before I had to sell it because it just wasn't a winter car.

mustangwithpaint.jpg

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Does it have to be fast or only look cool?

It doesn't have to be real fast, but it better pass on a 2 lane with authority.

for a midlife crisis their is only one car manufacturer....Porsche, and you can get any color you like as long as its yellow

Porsche is furrin. No furrin cars.

I think his squad car is some sort of electric affront to heaven and man...

Noooooo. I've got a Charger. If you look at it blindfolded, you can't tell it's a cop car, either.

I didn't realize you needed room for more than two.

I'd go for a 2003 or newer Mustang Cobra. 390hp supercharged and all the Cobra goodies. Most are a little over $20k but there are deals that can be had.

That's a thought.

You can drive the hmmwv if you want to try it out and u can find some pretty cheap. I'll second Porsche too.

Lulz, no. Uncle Sam let me drive his for a bit. I don't see the attraction. Now, the tank he let me drive, on the other hand...

How about a Cadillac CTSV? Station wagon's are available and look killer. But still, CTSV is awesome. I believe the older ones are in your price range.

View attachment 51282

....maybe. I'll look into that.

JEEP JK two door! Convertible, stick shift, familyish car, and hella fun! 2012 and up can be considered "fast" for a Jeep that is!

No. I can't stand how a Wrangler drives on the road.

Mid-life started for me at mid life and went well into my late 50's. Once started it was hard to stop.

Isn't that why you crossed the ocean with Ponce? Looking for that fountain?

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I have a C5 I wish I got out more.
    It was my daily driver until the ice storm of 08.
    The active handling is more capable than you would think.
    But ground clearance was a deal breaker if the snow was piled up in the middle of the lane.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    C5 vette. I am 70 yrs old have had a C5 for 8 yrs and love it. Seen a sign once that said "The original american idol" corvette.
    The $20K will buy a low milege C5 if you look, it took me 18 months to find one that suited me. Good luck!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    370Z... mad sexy, not a dime a dozen like pony cars, not too expensive. It's a head turner.

jfw46544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hot Springs Village, AR
    Chevy SS. 4 door sleeper with 415 hp. GM recently had a 20% off promo. One of my friends down south just picked one up and love it.

Or Chevy SSR? 0nly a 2 seater. It have your pick up / sports car / muscle car and classic in one package.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Book em Danno!

Oops. This was in reply to the black Camaro.

Totally blew that one!:)

Lot's of good suggestions. It's tough. I am currently thinking about what I want as my retirement car once I leave corporate America and have to give back my company car. I still have quite a few years, but I'm not opposed to getting something sooner so I can get it just right by the time that day comes.

I 'm looking at modern cars like the Mustang and Camaro, and possibly a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited(though I haven't driven one) but at times I think I would prefer something simple without all the computer controls. If I have to pay $30K for something new or I could get something pre-computer era for the same money, I'd be interested.

If you want to haul family, the GTO is a good suggestion. They were underrated cars in my opinion. Ran pretty good, sounded great, looked okay. Check one out.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Have you driven a Wrangler that was properly setup though?

I don't know what "properly setup" would be, but I've test driven several stock Wranglers of various generations. I don't want to sit 6" from a flat dashboard, I don't want the headlights to point at the sky when I floor it and I don't want them in the mud when I dive on the brakes, I don't want body roll, I don't want wind noise, I don't want the noise of a soft top or the PITA factor of removing a hard top. So...probably not going to be a Wrangler.

Top Bottom