• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    As others have stated, if LTCH and IN DL aren't enough, I wouldn't bother. I see ads all the time that ask for a BoS and I just move on to the next ad. IN DL shows the buyer is a state resident. LTCH shows that the buyer is a proper person. With those two things your obligations are covered. After I make a transaction, I note in a spreadsheet the INGO name of the buyer and the date of sale/purchase, along with the description of the gun and serial number. I feel that's more than enough information.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    OP...do you see a pattern here? Next time, just make sure the buyer shows their IN ID, and a LTCH, and you are good. You will definitely have a larger buyers pool, and might get more $ too.

Fwiw, I signed 1 BOS for a handgun off an armslist deal. He underpriced it and I felt it was worth The hassle. The kid was very nice, but just didn't know it wasn't required. If he would have broke out the camera, that deal would be been dead pronto. Even being underpriced as hell.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    As others have stated, if LTCH and IN DL aren't enough, I wouldn't bother. I see ads all the time that ask for a BoS and I just move on to the next ad. IN DL shows the buyer is a state resident. LTCH shows that the buyer is a proper person. With those two things your obligations are covered. After I make a transaction, I note in a spreadsheet the INGO name of the buyer and the date of sale/purchase, along with the description of the gun and serial number. I feel that's more than enough information.

I do the same thing with all my firearm transactions, even when purchased from a dealer. I also note the selling/ purchase price. My memory it's horrible, and it's nice to be able to look back and see when you purchased it and for how much.
    I also won't sign a BOS, but I do try to save the PM's in a folder for a while.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    If you are that worried about it go through a FFL and be done with it. It amazes me that people think a piece of paper is going to protect you. If you sell your gun to a person even if they are a proper person at that time and they use it in a crime that you think the victim or victims family won't come after you for selling it. Yeah you more then likely will win in court but it will cost you big time.

Last edited:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Geez.........

What a rookie. He should have asked for three reference and a note from his mother!

I remember another post where a grown man couldn't keep his Springer XD because his mom said no :nono:

Top Bottom