Black expo + Zimmermann being set free = riots in Indy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davidc912

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    South of Indy
    Hmmm, not likely. This weekend is opening weekend for IBE but we rarely have issues on the first weekend. It's the closing weekend that we have issues. The wife and I will be downtown tomorrow evening enjoying the best steak in Indy, St Elmo's. Even next weekend, come downtown, we have no issues with IBE patrons. It is the thugs that swarm the city after 8pm Fri and Sat evening. They don't attend the IBE (or at least the vast majority don't) but love to come down and just cruise, hang out, and start crap. Just about every able body officer on IMPD will be down there next weekend. I'll be down there walking with my pepperball gun.

I never go downtown without my pepperball gun. That's code for .45 ACP, right?

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I work downtown part-time for a local news outlet, so I'll be down there this weekend (in the city, not actually at Expo). Am I worried about my personal safety? Not really. When the fists and bullets inevitably start flying during IBE it gives me and my station something to cover.

So you are a part time war correspondent?

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I'll bet most Hispanics in the USA have literally no idea that Zimmerman is Hispanic. As we all "know" courtesy of our friends at NBC, MSNBC, and their colleagues, Zimmerman is a well known white supremacist who acted solely on race hatred.

And all we know thanks to NBC, MSNBC, etc. is that Trayvon was a cute, innocent little 12 year old kid who just happened to want some skittles and was ruthlessly murdered by the white supremacist Zimmerman. With a last name of Zimmerman, most people in general don't even know he's a white Hispanic.

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    I'll bet most Hispanics in the USA have literally no idea that Zimmerman is Hispanic. As we all "know" courtesy of our friends at NBC, MSNBC, and their colleagues, Zimmerman is a well known white supremacist who acted solely on race hatred.

Well, CNN is a dissenting voice here. This afternoon they were reporting the TM was carrying a bag of Skillets home, not candy.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    And all we know thanks to NBC, MSNBC, etc. is that Trayvon was a cute, innocent little 12 year old kid who just happened to want some skittles and was ruthlessly murdered by the white supremacist Zimmerman. With a last name of Zimmerman, most people in general don't even know he's a white Hispanic.

"All he wanted to do was go home".... Too bad such a thing happened to such a nice boy (child). I never served on a jury and probably never will because my decision is already made.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I never go downtown without my pepperball gun. That's code for .45 ACP, right?

pepperball.jpg

:laugh:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We were down at the corner package store earlier getting the evenings ration of adult beverages. The regulars and a few zombies were hanging at the shops and we asked them if they were ready for the riots. The same question we asked a few days ago to a different group. Got the same answer....what riots, I aint got no dog in that fight.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Black Expo has a pretty bad track record with violence as it is. However last year was not bad. Now that the IMPD is under manned and with the Zimmerman trial that is a recipe for disaster. I avoid downtown Indy anyway and I live very close to it. There is no way I am even driving thru downtown for the next couple of weeks. Being prudent is not being prejudice.
    Couldn't agree more. I live next to downtown and do't go downtown unless I have to. I'm working towards moving to the country next year.

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    A pet peeve of mine someone being called racist for acknowledging facts instead of ignoring them. It's often referred to as being "politically incorrect" as well.

I'm with you brother. Can't even call a kettle black anymore. It's well used.

Chesh97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2011
    NE Indiana
    Black Expo is in itself racist. Do we have a White expo... NO. Reverse discrimination combined with affirmative action has reversed race relations for this country.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    I try to avoid downtown no matter what at night. The issues with the youths has destroyed my view of visiting there at night unless I have tickets to a sporting event.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Black Expo is in itself racist. Do we have a White expo... NO. Reverse discrimination combined with affirmative action has reversed race relations for this country.

The Black Expo began in 1970 as an avenue to demonstrate the Black culture and and encourage an exchange of ideas that would take a smaller segment of the city's demographic (minority) into consideration as public policy and other important decision were being made in and for the city. During this time, there were Greek, Italian and Polish expos/festivals taking place around the mid-west, particularly cities like Chicago, Milwaukee, Cincinnati and Indianapolis. These were organized well before the inception of IBE, because people from these cultural backgrounds were being discriminated against as their numbers grew, due to migration from the east coast to the mid-west. They not only wanted to demonstrate and pass along their cultural heritage, but also show others they were not to be feared due to stereotypes that were embraced by the ignorant.

Like these festivals, IBE was never created to push anyone away, but to bring people together. The name of the event is no more racist than anything else. However, I am one who believes there is some truth to perception being reality for some. If the name bothers you, then creat an American Expo! Encourage the end of all the festivals and expos that I've described. This is something I believe could be successful if carried out with the right heart and purpose.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Where do I apply to start a White Expo? Can I also get cool special license plates for it?

You don't need to apply for anything. Simply create an LLC and find some donors to provide seed money. As for the license place, I believe you still need a certain number of people to sign a petition and you can have a place made. You should check with the State, because I believe there have been some changes recently.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The Black Expo began in 1970 as an avenue to demonstrate the Black culture and and encourage an exchange of ideas that would take a smaller segment of the city's demographic (minority) into consideration as public policy and other important decision were being made in and for the city. During this time, there were Greek, Italian and Polish expos/festivals taking place around the mid-west, particularly cities like Chicago, Milwaukee, Cincinnati and Indianapolis. These were organized well before the inception of IBE, because people from these cultural backgrounds were being discriminated against as their numbers grew, due to migration from the east coast to the mid-west. They not only wanted to demonstrate and pass along their cultural heritage, but also show others they were not to be feared due to stereotypes that were embraced by the ignorant.

Like these festivals, IBE was never created to push anyone away, but to bring people together. The name of the event is no more racist than anything else. However, I am one who believes there is some truth to perception being reality for some. If the name bothers you, then creat an American Expo! Encourage the end of all the festivals and expos that I've described. This is something I believe could be successful if carried out with the right heart and purpose.
    All true. Unfortunately, IBE is the only one I can recall wherein the members of the 'honored' group have told non-members they are not welcome. Nor does Oktoberfest or Irishfest come with after-hours violence by members of the group of honor.

Top Bottom