• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Look, I understand your right to carry, but you don't insist on carrying in a courthouse - and trust me, they get enough of your money. You can't carry a firearm onto an airplane.... are you telling me that you NEVER fly anywhere?

I understand the argument, but I can empathize with owners putting the signs on the gun store door. Its for the safety of the employees. You never shop at Beech Grove? You're missing out. Bradis? Again, you're missing out. You boycott all these places?

Do you really? You boycott ALL the gun stores in Terre Haute with signs?

If you choose to ignore the signs, you're disrespecting the owner of the shop. And that's just not ok.

I've OCed in Beech Grove and Bradis, I believe they don't have a problem if it stays in the holster

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Me too. I believe those signs are for the criminals, similar to the laws in Chicago are for honest people.

If they are like the ones at Gander that say no loaded weapons but that LTCH weapons are ok then I understand; they don't want some a-hat bringing a loaded shotgun in to have it worked on. The signs that say cops can carry in the store but I can't carry in the store tell me to take my dollars elsewhere.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Everyone I've asked says they are for guns you're wanting to be handled, either sold, traded, looked at or finding a holster

I would never unholster in any store unless I was forced to defend a life

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If they are like the ones at Gander that say no loaded weapons but that LTCH weapons are ok then I understand; they don't want some a-hat bringing a loaded shotgun in to have it worked on. The signs that say cops can carry in the store but I can't carry in the store tell me to take my dollars elsewhere.

Agreed. We cannot have double standards and say it's fine for gun stores to make us disarm, but negative rep WalMart and other stores because of their signs. At least their employees don't carry loaded weapons... although they should.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have yet 2 receive that phone call.......shame on me 4 putting my safety 1st! consider the sign G-O-N-E.....

I don't think anyone wants to ignore your safety. I would say to carry the biggest, baddest gun in the store. That is how you put your safety first. If a BG walks in with a gun drawn, pointing at the sign will not help. However, when a store asks me to disarm prior to entering, I believe they are telling me that my safety or my right to legally carry a gun is of no concern to them.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Well, I've seen a BG do it - and bad acting to boot. This clip should solidify my argument. :D

Originally, I thought this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJRLoGYtkEM"]YouTube - Terminator 1 gun store[/ame]

But out of respect for the owners of local gun shops, I decided on this: (caution: profanity)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spOeRDrbUCs[/ame]

IN ALL SERIOUSNESS: You choose where to shop, but if a shop owner stipulates a certain behavior, it's best to respect it. And I don't have a problem with the signs.

Last edited:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    I've OCed in Beech Grove and Bradis, I believe they don't have a problem if it stays in the holster

I've done both as well. No issues. The firearm stays in it's proper place (my holster), and business is conducted as it should be.

I'm still, to this day, waiting for a logical explanation as to why most gunstores post these signs up? Employee protection? Aren't the same people justifying this the SAME people who are upset when a LEO disarms them for "officer safety"? I simply don't understand. The proper place for a firearm is in my holster...not in my glovebox, in my trunk, or pulled out in a gunshop unless in fear of my life.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Well, I've seen a BG do it - and bad acting to boot. This clip should solidify my argument. :D

Originally, I thought this:

YouTube - Terminator 1 gun store

But out of respect for the owners of local gun shops, I decided on this:

YouTube - Robbery Gone Wrong

IN ALL SERIOUSNESS: You choose where to shop, but if a shop owner stipulates a certain behavior, it's best to respect it. And I don't have a problem with the signs.

Well, with all due respect, if you truly are THAT fearful that someone is going to chamber a round and shoot you in your own store, it's time that you close shop. You REALLY think a sign is going to stop a BG? I can assure you that should I choose to shoot you, I will just walk in with my EDC and shoot you, not have you hand me a firearm THEN chamber a round in front of you THEN shoot you. :n00b: Those vids did nothing but weaken your argument.

All that these signs prove is that the owners of the shop either have an elitist attitude, or they simply do not trust their customers. Which is it? It's one or the other. If you don't trust me to carry my firearm in your establishment the exact same way I do everywhere else I go, then you have forever lost my business. You (the store) prove that you are no friend of firearm owners. :twocents: I'll respect your anti-gunowner policies by doing business elsewhere. It truly is as simple as that.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN

Whats the difference between a loaded handgun and loaded shotgun? Other than you don't even need any type of permit to own a shotgun.

I know a lot of people on this forum get all bent out of shape when they have to be without their handgun strapped to their hip or waist band for more than 2 minutes. Clearly anyone has the right to decide to not patronize any store for any reason, but imo some people on here blow these type of things WAY out of proportion.

Lets take an example, your daughter wants this doll that is only available at XY Toys you cant get it anywhere else. That place has a giant sign saying NO GUNS OF ANY KIND. It is all she wants for Christmas and all she has talked about.

Do you A) Stick to your guns, don't shop there, and disappoint your daughter or B) Take your gun off for 10 minutes, go buy a doll, and then put it back on when you are done.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Whats the difference between a loaded handgun and loaded shotgun? Other than you don't even need any type of permit to own a shotgun.

I know a lot of people on this forum get all bent out of shape when they have to be without their handgun strapped to their hip or waist band for more than 2 minutes. Clearly anyone has the right to decide to not patronize any store for any reason, but imo some people on here blow these type of things WAY out of proportion.

Lets take an example, your daughter wants this doll that is only available at XY Toys you cant get it anywhere else. That place has a giant sign saying NO GUNS OF ANY KIND. It is all she wants for Christmas and all she has talked about.

Do you A) Stick to your guns, don't shop there, and disappoint your daughter or B) Take your gun off for 10 minutes, go buy a doll, and then put it back on when you are done.

Some of us are uncomfortable compromising our ideals and our freedoms. Others are ok justifying their compromises. Let's call it what it is. Many gunshops choose not to trust ANYONE coming into their stores. That's their prerogative. I choose to call them out on their hypocrisy and spend my money elsewhere.

Again, if gunstore owners are so fearful that they feel the need to try and prohibit customers from lawfully carrying, it's time to close shop. They clearly aren't cut out for it. As ANY reasonable person understands, the signs do NOTHING to protect employees and PREVENT customers from defending themselves.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute

I'd take my gun off for ten minutes and go buy a doll. But, if I have a choice between two such businesses, the one that respects my right to keep and bear arms is going to get my money.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I have yet 2 receive that phone call.......shame on me 4 putting my safety 1st! consider the sign G-O-N-E.....

Why is your safety so much more important then your customers safety, or are you responsible for the customers safety while there are in your store?

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Unfortunately they don't let me post videos in purple. And profanity warning has been applied.

I honestly think that the people in this thread take themselves way to seriously.

Well, with all due respect, if you truly are THAT fearful that someone is going to chamber a round and shoot you in your own store, it's time that you close shop. You REALLY think a sign is going to stop a BG? I can assure you that should I choose to shoot you, I will just walk in with my EDC and shoot you, not have you hand me a firearm THEN chamber a round in front of you THEN shoot you. :n00b: Those vids did nothing but weaken your argument.

All that these signs prove is that the owners of the shop either have an elitist attitude, or they simply do not trust their customers. Which is it? It's one or the other. If you don't trust me to carry my firearm in your establishment the exact same way I do everywhere else I go, then you have forever lost my business. You (the store) prove that you are no friend of firearm owners. :twocents: I'll respect your anti-gunowner policies by doing business elsewhere. It truly is as simple as that.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    I fully understand the reasoning, if not the execution. Not everyone who walks through the door of a gun store is quite as safety conscious as we like to think we are. A blanket prohibition with selective enforcement is easier than a complex sign detailing who can come in. That way when Cletus brings in his 12 gauge to sell, maybe he thinks about checking to see if it is loaded it before bringing it inside and pointing it at everyone. Additionally, I'd wager there are some insurance issues as well.

Then again, signs don't stop stupid any more than they stop malice.

I'd prefer the signs say instead: "Loaded guns must stay in holster."

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    This has been hashed out here before. It seems to depend on the locale as to what the offense/defense plan is, but I seem to think others have gotten bent out of shape for the same ideals, no matter if it is a gun shop or an ice cream parlor.

And my opinion on the whole "Law Enforcement Officer" can carry, but not a civilian, is retarded. Some civilians are more responsible with their firearms than cops are. Many can shoot better too. They should get no preferential treatment because they have a badge.

It's Eddies right to boycott, and it's his freedom to post about it here, and it is the freedom of those who disagree, to disagree.

Top Bottom