• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    OK, so I bought some good boots, Danner. Now to care for them properly. What to condition them with. I bought some Atsko. Any other ideas?

https://www.amazon.com/Atsko-Sno-Se...rd_wg=62GcR&psc=1&refRID=46QT0C9TBN44NK0FXVA1

https://www.amazon.com/Red-Wing-Her...=UTF8&qid=1514844962&sr=8-6&keywords=mink+oil

https://www.amazon.com/Cedar-Elemen...5053&sr=8-6&keywords=cedar+elements+shoe+tree

Personally on my black / brown welted boots I use the above, not 100% sure how well shoe trees will work with the Danners but I love them in my Red Wing Heritage boots and my Allen Edmonds.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I used SnoSeal for many years on my outdoor boots to good effect. Since the daughter ran away from home, I don't have a blow dryer though to melt the wax into them. I use mink oil now on my Red Wing hunting boots because that is what they recommended when I bought them.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    How often should you apply treatments to boots? I know if you do it to holsters or sheaths too often, it makes them too soft.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    If you need something that's warm, looks good with dress pants, and are comfortable to wear you should check out Clark's. They're having a big sale right now with an additional 20% off the clearance prices. I've got dress boots, snow boots, and waterproof boots. If you've never owned a pair, go down a size. They only stores left around here are the outlet in Edinburgh and the store at Circle Center Mall. I probably own more than a dozen pair of Clarks but I only buy them twice a year when they're on clearance.

Boots Under $100 - Clarks® Shoes Official Site

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Nelson Uniform in G’castle I know has them in stock, don’t know of anyone else?

And Nelson is an INGO supporter last I looked and offers a discount to INGO members. I still need to venture up that way. My 25yo HiTecs area about worn out. No, they arent THAT good; I just take VERY good care of them and dont wear them all the time. I need to find me a decent pair of black 8" boots without a side zip* that have a moderately aggressive sole and can take a shine. (nylon uppers are OK)

*by the time I get a boot cinched down to what feels comfy and gives me the support I need, the zipper binds up and is more hassle to try to zip than to use speed laces.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    Finally got my boots yesterday. Applied the snow seal last night. Wore them today for about 12 hours. Should have never waited this long for quality footwear. One more question, what foot dryer to buy? Really want something that I can take my boots off, put them on the dryer, and not mess with them until the next morning.

This is what I ended up buying. Surprisingly comfortable. Years ago I burnt through many pairs of Caterpillars.

Danner - Quarry USA Black

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Finally got my boots yesterday. Applied the snow seal last night. Wore them today for about 12 hours. Should have never waited this long for quality footwear. One more question, what foot dryer to buy? Really want something that I can take my boots off, put them on the dryer, and not mess with them until the next morning.

This is what I ended up buying. Surprisingly comfortable. Years ago I burnt through many pairs of Caterpillars.

I do not own one but this seems like the ticket you are looking for

https://www.amazon.com/PEET-Dryer-O...TF8&qid=1515636414&sr=8-4&keywords=boot+dryer

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Quick aside. On my phone I followed the link to the boots. That was about 30 minutes ago.

I just got a text from my wife who is on facebook. the ad for that boot popped up on her fb feed as a suggested ad. (she knows Im looking for new boots EDIT:and apparently so does FB)

Yep, they're watching. :tinfoil:

OK, Carry on.

Last edited:

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Yeahhhh...don't think too hard about WHICH boot dryer to buy.

They are all the same concept. Get the one that is the color you want, and won't burn down your sh#$.

-Nate

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

What you wear on your feet is VERY important.
    I learned that after a crappy, cheap pair of boots.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    What you wear on your feet is VERY important.
    I learned that after a crappy, cheap pair of boots.

Amen to that. It's still early, but no blisters, sore spots, back pain, or any discomfort after 2 days. Heck I would work out in them.

Wife is a nurse, I'm going to tell her to order a pair. Forget Dansko

Top Bottom