• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    Then I'll shop at wal-mart, or target which are outside of Speedway, I'll conceal, and they'll never be the wiser as when I shop there now.
    Walmarts I have been in locally have never confronted anyone CC or OC. I see them carrying just about every day here in Seymour and Columbus stores when I shop and have never seen a confrontation(believe me the wife shops there a lot-so I have plenty of experience....)
    +1 for Wal mart-don't shop at Kroger-too expensive for me.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Just fyi guys just last week in Florida a disgruntle ex-employee opened fire and shot and killed another employee then went into the store, a police officer ended up firing on her twice. This happened 4 miles from my home.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Walmarts I have been in locally have never confronted anyone CC or OC. I see them carrying just about every day here in Seymour and Columbus stores when I shop and have never seen a confrontation(believe me the wife shops there a lot-so I have plenty of experience....)
    +1 for Wal mart-don't shop at Kroger-too expensive for me.
    Decatur, Indiana store manager has stopped a couple people. I know that's not local to you, just sayin'.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Just fyi guys just last week in Florida a disgruntle ex-employee opened fire and shot and killed another employee then went into the store, a police officer ended up firing on her twice. This happened 4 miles from my home.

Seems like a perfect example of why stores should be encouraging legally armed citizens in their stores, instead of behaving in a grossly negligent fashion by chasing them out. If that cop hadn't been there, how many citizens would have been killed in the absence of armed citizens in the face of an attack by a criminal?

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Seems like a perfect example of why stores should be encouraging legally armed citizens in their stores, instead of behaving in a grossly negligent fashion by chasing them out. If that cop hadn't been there, how many citizens would have been killed in the absence of armed citizens in the face of an attack by a criminal?

Joe, you're missing the big picture. If guns aren't allowed, then how could the guy on a killing spree possibly take a gun in there? After all, he would be breaking the rules.

:rolleyes:

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    O.K. we have been down this road with Kroger before, The guy you were confronted by said he was "loss prevention" , you should have ask him if he was accusing you of a theft , otherwise you were just a customer buying your items this guy does have a boss , I would call Kroger in Castleton and complain.
    Sorry to say , but there is a thread about Anti-2A business and Kroger is on the list, they have gone on record many times about being anti-2A.

Thats O.K. man I paid them back for you last week , in Danville I sold a Winchester lever action 30-30 in their lot , in broad daylight , right up in front of the gas pumps and the buyer carried the big Winchester box all the way around my truck into his , with it leaning against his truck in full view we sat there and b.s.'d for about 30 minutes :laugh:

dude84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    What a big dummy. I worked LP for a number of years and it clearly stated in many companies policies, ASSOCIATES (not officers) shouldn't approach armed customers or try to apprehend them. It's a liability to approach someone that is armed, in a public area, without backup, a firearm for yourself, armor, or immediate communication with backup law enforcement. Most companies won't even issue handcuffs due to liability of confinement and danger of possibly being more risk than loss. This idiot clearly put everyone in danger around him by stopping a non-threat/loss on his way out of the store. OP could have been a police officer(though most conceal or have their shield in plain view). If there was a serious issue with a firearm being in the store, a member of MANAGEMENT should have been notified, as they call the ultimate shot in this situation. As an active member of Law Enforcement today, had I been in the same situation and experienced as described, there would have been a more serious incident. A plain clothes person approaches me saying "are you a cop?" while rapidly reaching in his clothing. I would be on high alert of what he's going so quickly for. He would likely be kissing concrete. We are threatened daily by risks and never know when someone with a grudge may approach us. When I worked for 2 nation wide retail stores, we never showed our IDs. The only time we approached an individual was when we were 100% sure he or she was breaking the law and needed to be detained. (When we would approach the subjects, we would attempt to make it crystal clear why they are being stopped, in the most professional manner.) Otherwise, it's a loss cause and it's a liability if they feel publicly embarrassed or wrongfully stopped from leaving. This could result in $7-14k civil suit. This should have been taken care of by a member of management (in company attire), not a plain clothes security associate that didn't already have his ID out. By doing this, everyone in that checkout area knows what he looks like and he could have been preventing actual loss or damages to the company.

OP did everything right! The corporate office should be notified since management clearly doesn't have control over this associate. If it is policy not to allow shoppers to carry firearms (as some do like jewelry stores), they should have it posted and have the acting store manager handle the situation.

Last edited:

offroadking208

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    i worked at one of the Marsh's in Noblesville and anytime i was off the clock i OC'd all over the store. when i was on the clock, i CC'd. But i worked there since 2006 until recently, so i knew all the managers pretty well and they didn't care. Trusted me pretty well and made them feel better that there was always someone in the store that was armed. The particular marsh location shall remain unnamed for obvious reasons. lol

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I was asked last March to please cover my gun up in the Marsh in Speedway by a Speedway cop in uniform, this was before I knew about the no CC ordinance in town or I might have explained why I couldn't.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Dave Dillon is their CEO and President. He comes from Kansas and from the Dillon chain of stores.

Kroger also owns KWIK Stop Stores that also originate in Kansas. They ban all customers from concealed and open carry in their store with posted signs. The Kroger building in Cincinnati has posted signs stating that concealed carry is prohibited in their corporate office.

I used to work for Kroger corporate in Cincinnati on the 2nd floor. They were fairly anti-gun.

I don't shop at Kroger often because their prices are ridiculous. If you really want to hurt a business, don't boycott them. Go into their stores and only buy their loss leaders and nothing else. That hurts them more than anything. They put a high price on your loyalty or laziness.

If you're unhappy, call their corporate office at 1-800-KROGERS. Be polite and kind to the person answering the phone. They are a 10-12 dollar an hour paid lackeys who are paid to take the heat for sub-par products and store employee's mistakes.

Edit:

What is hilarious is that Kroger owns a chain of department stores called Fred Meyer. They also have stores in the wild state of Alaska. The FM stores often also have FFLs. I remember when I processed ads for their FM Alaska stores that they advertised prices for Springfield Armory XDs.

Things are not equal across the board for the Kroger family of stores. Bottom line: they just want your cash.

SedahDrol

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    I've have a email from Kroger customer support stating that they do not ban carrying in their store when I had a similar incident at the Kroger in lebanon where I carry every time I go in. So I carry. If I'm ever approached by a team member from Kroger, I will simply tell them to talk to corporate.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Out of all of this I still can't understand why anyone uses SELF CHECKOUT

I don't go into Mc donalds and cook my own food , I dont go into and instant oil change to change my own Oil , I don't go into a barber shop and cut my own hair ....
    So why in the hell would I go into a store and check myself out I am not trying to get a job , I will go elsewhere If they don't want to check me out .

Kroger and Home depot are the worst about this ...So i Dont shop either ...
    :twocents::patriot:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

I don't go into Mc donalds and cook my own food , I dont go into and instant oil change to change my own Oil , I don't go into a barber shop and cut my own hair ....
    So why in the hell would I go into a store and check myself out I am not trying to get a job , I will go elsewhere If they don't want to check me out .

It's simple really. There are very few lanes open, long lines at those and I have very few items. We aren't taking a job because that third register they would have opened is now watching 4 self check out lanes instead of running one register.
    You don't want to use them that's fine. Other people don't mind and actually prefer this method to dealing with the people they call cashiers working there anyway.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010

I have the inability to tolerate talking to stupid people, there for if I use the self check out I dont have to talk to the cashiers or other customers. That cuts down on my chances of wondering how people have lived to the age that they are. (Not all cashiers or customers are stupid, but this way I dont have to take the chance.)

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    I have the inability to tolerate talking to stupid people, there for if I use the self check out I dont have to talk to the cashiers or other customers. That cuts down on my chances of wondering how people have lived to the age that they are. (Not all cashiers or customers are stupid, but this way I dont have to take the chance.)

I love talking to stupid people .....One of ny favorite things in life is to go into Mcdonalds and order ..when the cashier rings me up say it comes to
    $5.35 I hand them a $10 as soon as they punch it in and it tells them my change I say Hold on I have $.35 cents .....I love to watch them all scramble and get the manager usually only takes about 5 min for them to figure out the correct change ...
    I heard a manager once after I did this tell the cashier as I walked off

"you have to watch for theese things ...People like that are quick change artist trying to rip you off ".....:laugh:

Besides that ..when one person is watching 4 lanes in the store that cuts down on the work force in such it has 1 person doing 4 peoples jobs ,in turn driving profits for big anti gun establishments such as Krogers ,and that in turn hurts the economy.
    Eventually all theese stores will have the SHEEPLE trained to check their self out and will have the store running on next to nothing but the Super wanna be LP undercover officer as the OP was talking about .
    Then their will be no customer service oriented jobs left but that will never happen HuH ....Look at the auto industry when Robots were installed to HELP ....

Ok End RANT

LMAO:dunno:

OK let me have it ....lol

Last edited:
    Top Bottom