• ...and so much more!
  • ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Out of all of this I still can't understand why anyone uses SELF CHECKOUT

I don't go into Mc donalds and cook my own food , I dont go into and instant oil change to change my own Oil , I don't go into a barber shop and cut my own hair ....
    So why in the hell would I go into a store and check myself out I am not trying to get a job , I will go elsewhere If they don't want to check me out .

Kroger and Home depot are the worst about this ...So i Dont shop either ...
    :twocents::patriot:

Well, self checkout almost always had 1 or 2 empty spots... instead of the queues of 5+ people in a line... when I was 16 I was a cashier, and had the fasted scans in the store I worked in by nearly double... I don't like my bread bagged with cans, etcs.

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My standard answer for any LP associate asking me to leave it in the car will be to thank them for preventing the loss of my hard earned money to a business that doesn't support the Constitution. He can then take my items and put them back.:dunno:

There is a point at which we will have no more room to keep backing up.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Anyone want to picket kroger for not supporting our rights? I've got some time Sunday afternoon.

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In

I don't go into Mc donalds and cook my own food , I dont go into and instant oil change to change my own Oil , I don't go into a barber shop and cut my own hair ....
    So why in the hell would I go into a store and check myself out I am not trying to get a job , I will go elsewhere If they don't want to check me out .

they have about 6 checkout lanes , but only 2 are open , I don't lke doing their job either , but I am not going to wait in line for half an hour either.
    I have left full carts sitting in the isle because they wouldn't open another lane.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    they have about 6 checkout lanes , but only 2 are open , I don't lke doing their job either , but I am not going to wait in line for half an hour either.
    I have left full carts sitting in the isle because they wouldn't open another lane.

Just another reason to stay out of such places ...and shop other places

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Anyone want to picket kroger for not supporting our rights? I've got some time Sunday afternoon.
    I have lots of spare time tomorrow as the boys are on a road trip. I don't however wish to spend it with you. :D

Besides that ..when one person is watching 4 lanes in the store that cuts down on the work force in such it has 1 person doing 4 peoples jobs ,in turn driving profits for big anti gun establishments such as Krogers ,and that in turn hurts the economy.
    Eventually all theese stores will have the SHEEPLE trained to check their self out and will have the store running on next to nothing

Having had to work a cashier job to help support the family in hard times I can tell you the store WILL NOT hire 3 more people to open those 4 lanes that 1 person watches in the self checkout. They didn't before self checkout, they won't now. You learn a lot while working in these places, one thing I learned was I hated working self checkout. I would rather talk to the idiots that come through my line and ***** about how long the lines are. :D

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

I refuse to use self checkout. If they want me to do some of their work, they can give me a discount to do so.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Kroger responds...

Dear Mr. Mercer:

Thank you for contacting Kroger. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your concern.

We are committed to providing you with the most enjoyable shopping experience possible and your comments provide us the opportunity to evaluate, address, and correct any inconvenience we may have caused. Your remarks have been forwarded to the Store Director for further review.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. We invite you to contact us again if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Tanika Lewis
    Consumer Affairs

Reference: 8904344

TheLoneRaider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Phoenix
    I have oc and cc at Frys which is owned by Krogers its basically Krogers out west. Never had a problem in Arizona. I have oc and cc at the Greenfield and Lawrence Kroger no problem there either.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Kroger's official reply and policy:

Dear Mr. ******:

Thank you for contacting The Kroger Co. Kroger and Dillon's have taken the position of allowing concealed carry in our stores. The only exceptions are in-store government libraries. As far as the liquor issue goes, the only establishments that cannot allow concealed carry are businesses that sell liquor by the drink, not packaged liquor.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us at 800.576.4377.

Sincerely,

Christie Metropulos
    Consumer Affairs

Reference: 8904426

CUSTOMER COMMENTS:
    Could you please inform me as to Kroger's policy for firearm carry in your stores in Indiana for people that have a valid license to carry a handgun please.

I think I may call the 800# since it is stating CONCEALED and ask for further clarification.

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    funny how ppl who are not educated on gun laws react to ppl with guns,,,especially ppl who think cause their a $8 a hour security gaurd at speedway it gives em the authority to bark out orders..you handled it well...i would of just ignored him and left..unless its a real cop barking out orders. ...anyone else can kiss my a$$

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I refuse to use self checkout. If they want me to do some of their work, they can give me a discount to do so.

I understand what your saying. But I always use the self checkout. I feel like I can get it done faster and better than all the slow yahoos working there. I just wish wal-mart would have self checkout.

Mikeh82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    I understand what your saying. But I always use the self checkout. I feel like I can get it done faster and better than all the slow yahoos working there. I just wish wal-mart would have self checkout.

Some Wal Marts do have self checkout.. Well at least the one in New Albany does..

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I don't personally feel the OP did anything wrong, I think he handled it the right way... I've shopped at that same Kroger and the only thing I can think of as far as why the "plain clothes" LP guy was dressed like that was to blend in better with the average customer I tend to see there. As a retail store manager, I totally agree that a member of MANAGEMENT should have been the one to approach him. IF I had a LP issue in my store, I wouldn't send one of my associates to deal with it...they don't get paid to deal with that, I DO. Far as Kroger being Anti 2A, that's corporate life.. I work for a national chain store (won't publicly name them here but they have a store in the same complex as that Kroger in Speedway...though closer to the MCL) that is Anti 2A as far as I have to sign a Code of Ethics every year that includes the clause that I will not bring "weapons" on company property (which includes the parking lot). Point is, as long as MOST of the general public view guns as undesirable, corporate America will follow...My General Manager called me into work on a day off, told her I'd have to bring my son, no problem as long as I could do what I needed to do for the few hours I was there. He took a toy M16 (that's MY boy, lol) and was wearing camo head to foot. He had to stay off the sales floor with the gun, they wouldn't ALLOW a 7yo boy to have his TOY and I had to take him and leave as soon as they found out the district manager was coming....

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I don't personally feel the OP did anything wrong, I think he handled it the right way... I've shopped at that same Kroger and the only thing I can think of as far as why the "plain clothes" LP guy was dressed like that was to blend in better with the average customer I tend to see there. As a retail store manager, I totally agree that a member of MANAGEMENT should have been the one to approach him. IF I had a LP issue in my store, I wouldn't send one of my associates to deal with it...they don't get paid to deal with that, I DO. Far as Kroger being Anti 2A, that's corporate life.. I work for a national chain store (won't publicly name them here but they have a store in the same complex as that Kroger in Speedway...though closer to the MCL) that is Anti 2A as far as I have to sign a Code of Ethics every year that includes the clause that I will not bring "weapons" on company property (which includes the parking lot). Point is, as long as MOST of the general public view guns as undesirable, corporate America will follow...My General Manager called me into work on a day off, told her I'd have to bring my son, no problem as long as I could do what I needed to do for the few hours I was there. He took a toy M16 (that's MY boy, lol) and was wearing camo head to foot. He had to stay off the sales floor with the gun, they wouldn't ALLOW a 7yo boy to have his TOY and I had to take him and leave as soon as they found out the district manager was coming....

Just remember July 1st they can't stop you from leaving a weapon in the car. :)

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Just remember July 1st they can't stop you from leaving a weapon in the car. :)

It's already there :D every stinking day...goes into the lock box last thing when I get out of the truck, comes out first thing when I get in the truck. I don't hide that I have it (got NRA decals, NRA hat) but that Code of Ethics crap is the company's way of being able to cover their butts IF something happened. But either way, the state of IN (and the Constituition) BOTH give me the right to carry it, my boss's boss's boss sitting in CA will NOT tell me to leave it at home. I respect my boss so I leave it in the truck instead of pushing the issue...Our employee's complain about unruly kids whose parents aren't capable of supervising them (my son would be seriously beaten if he pulled half the stuff these kids come in and do) and I've told them before I could solve that problem, let me OC....:rockwoot:

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Oh for Christ sake, all that Kroger wishes is that you conceal your firearm when you enter their store. Ergo, they don't wish for anyone to open carry.

I'm all for seeing naked women too. However, it doesn't mean that I want to view their genitalia while I'm shopping the dairy aisle. That aisle is reserved for the breasts. :D

The "in your face" approach to private enterprise in regard to carry issues, is rarely successful. Pushing the issue not only hurts all parties involved, but the cause as well.

Top Bottom