• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I called every Enterprise store in Indy today and told them I travel extensively and had preferred Enterprise because of my NRA discount. I told them all if they don't want my business I am sure Herts, Avis, or Budget will. PLEASE call on Monday.

p.s. explain there are 3,000,000 NRA members plus their families. That will mean a LOT of unrented cars sitting around.

Man that's commitment.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    When "dish network" dropped the NRA channel. I dropped Dish.
    They threatened to sue me for payments.
    I told them to go ahead.
    Never happened.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    A portion of my purchases from smile.amazon.com still go to the NRA as far as I know. I've not been notified otherwise.

I need to research this one. If I recall correctly, this is an easy way (no money out of purchaser's pocket) to provide support to an organization. If so, this should be one everybody signs up for... heading over to smile.amazon.com now. It looks like there are a few different NRA listings there, which is preferred by folks and why?

Last edited:

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Like the people dropping the NRA affiliations is going to make me drop my membership¿¿

Having wondered the same thing now believe these companies are gambling on generating more new business from greater numbers opposed to the now vilified NRA, than any loss suffered by offending NRA members. I don't think anyone believes NRA membership numbers will suffer due to loss of a fringe benefit utilized by some.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Having wondered the same thing now believe these companies are gambling on generating more new business from greater numbers opposed to the now vilified NRA, than any loss suffered by offending NRA members. I don't think anyone believes NRA membership numbers will suffer due to loss of a fringe benefit utilized by some.

Business 101

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Sent Budget an email this morning asking them to purge all of my contact info from their records as well as those of all affiliates.
    I also asked that they not bother me with any further communications, regardless of the reason.
    I did make clear why this decision was made on my part.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN

What I wonder is if anybody other than NRA members knew these companies were offering discounts to NRA members. It's not like the clerk ask you if you are an NRA member so they can give you a discount or have big signs saying "show us your NRA card for a discount". Other than AAA or AARP discounts no companies seem to promote other membership discounts.

I can only think these companies are trying to grab some cheap #MeToo style publicity broadcasting that they too hate the evil NRA. Or perhaps some misguided executives playing politics with shareholders money. There wasn't a rush of high school students with signs protesting at the corporate headquarters about these discounts.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

I don't have the ability to examine the demographics here, but I would imagine the number of teenagers renting cars is pretty low compared to adults, which would make this a less than stellar business decision. There must be some big money behind this well scripted crusade somewhere.

Salty

Unwokeable
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I need to research this one. If I recall correctly, this is an easy way (no money out of purchaser's pocket) to provide support to an organization. If so, this should be one everybody signs up for... heading over to smile.amazon.com now. It looks like there are a few different NRA listings there, which is preferred by folks and why?
    My Smile donations go to NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund. If you prefer GOA you can choose Gun Owners Foundation. I'm not sure if they are the same thing but GOA recommends this on Smile.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I said this elsewhere, but will add it here too.

I have nothing against boycotting companies, but in order to drop the NRA these companies had to at least be willing to offer discounts to the NRA in the first place. You may simply be switching to a company that always refused to do business with the NRA, and thus couldn't drop them. Research will be needed.

gobuyastick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2015
    Fishers
    The NRA has no intention of supporting your gun rights. They did nothing when the Hughes amendment was passed and continue to support the ban on bump stocks.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Alternative tactic, buy one share of stock in every publicly traded company that does this. Vote no on the reappointment of every board member from now on. If the bylaws allow it, attend a shareholder meeting and make sure all in attendance know of their windsock management style.
    MH

Demand to see their books. As a shareholder I think you have that right.

cayce

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Carmel
    It sucks. Enterprise, Hertz, Avis, Alamo, & National all cancelled their association with the NRA along with United Airlines and Delta. Plus Wyndham hotels and Best western Hotels too. Looks like I'm staying home and spending travel money on ammo & guns. Oh, and not to leave out Met Life who also pulled out.

BUT if you call and explain that their decision does effect and bother you too one of the companies will realize the lost business. That will get a second to re-signup but you MUST start by calling them ALL. I don't rent cars but I spent 20 minutes on the phone. Be polite but firm. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The NRA has no intention of supporting your gun rights. They did nothing when the Hughes amendment was passed and continue to support the ban on bump stocks.

And if they had come out against the Firearm Owners Protection Act, what would you be saying about them? Now remember, the Hughes Amendment was added by the Democrats as a poison pill in an effort to defeat the FOPA.

Top Bottom