• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    that is a target cart......this OCcurred at walmart........shouldn't it be blue??:D

shopping-cart.png

skyscout

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    keep in mind that a LEO could actually arrest anyone OC'ing for potentially "insighting a riot." It's rare, but any LEO having a bad day could actually move to do so. I am not against OC'ing, although I choose not too (mainly because our state law actually allows us to CC unlike some states), just food for thought.

Also, if I was a bad guy, I would come after you first from your comprised vantage point, and take your weapon.

Always be vigilant!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    keep in mind that a LEO could actually arrest anyone OC'ing for potentially "insighting a riot." It's rare, but any LEO having a bad day could actually move to do so. I am not against OC'ing, although I choose not too (mainly because our state law actually allows us to CC unlike some states), just food for thought.

Also, if I was a bad guy, I would come after you first from your comprised vantage point, and take your weapon.

Always be vigilant!

Um. No. :cool:

Just no.

Please read up on the subject. I'll check back later.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

Always be vigilant!

Not legally, they can't.

Also, trying to take my weapon will get you dead, so once again OC wins, since you came after me instead of some other third party.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Wait... this thread ARE full of win!

I'm not going to go down THAT road... I will say however as an English major that many posts on INGO are hard to read, but I try to ignore it.

At some point however, whether people want to admit it or not, using improper grammar DOES give others the impression that a person is uneducated and with that comes a loss of credibility.

(this post is not directed at any one specific post or poster, it is a random side note)

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

Always be vigilant!
    I'd love to be arrested simply for OCing. That property town hall sits on is pretty valuable, I'd probably be able to quit my job.

JLawsonTXRH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    I hate to harp on small things, and I am generally not one to worry about the proper use of words on an internet forum, however "we" is a plural noun and requires a plural form of the verb. So for future reference it is "we were" or "we were not" or even "we weren't".

I have held back on pointing this out while reading this thread as I was thinking it has just been an oversight, but the capitalization would seem to indicate it is not.

Now, back to your regular programming...
    Wow, you beat me to it!

Using hillbilly English ("we was" and "we wasn't") sounds like someone should have spent a little more time studying English rather than shopping at Wal-Mart.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    This was the epic thread that couldn't. Just kinda sputtered out, I guess it isn't dead yet, but awfully anticlimactic. I is a little disappointed in the end, but the road traveled to get here was good.

On a serious note:
    To the OP, take the high road. It offers a better tactical vantage point. I'd say no wrong on your bf, but no win either. You know: "turn the other cheek and clear leather while they can't see", I'm pretty sure that's an exact quote too! It's easy to get caught up in the moment though. Hopefully you wont have any more unpleasant encounters in the future, but if you do, that's another chance for a win.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I must admit that I have nothing useful to contribute to this thread but I have thoroughly enjoyed reading it!:D

I would like to personally thank each one of you for contributing to brightening my day.:yesway:

I feel a little leary of the cart bumping thing. Seems a little strange to start bumping your cart into the guy carrying the gun. maybe he was trying to get through and bumped him once or by accident. However, the story sounds a little thin when you say that he "kept bumping his cart into the BF" and with no real response from the BF.:dunno:

My suggestion for Walmart is to make almost all of the parking spaces handicapped parking. Then just have 6-7 "regular" parking spots. Just sayin'....

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    wow, I hope this thread isn't an indication of the types of individuals on this forum (OP mainly) seems to me the older person was first letting you know your gun was showing, and then asking you to conceal it. In turn you were a dick then proceeded to act like a child who probably shouldn't have a gun to begin with.

Previously walmart's corporate policy was that CC was allowed but if someone saw your weapon you were asked to leave. Now it's not a corporate policy so it's up to the managers. If I was a manager there I would of apologized to the older gentleman for you being an ass and asked you to leave.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    wow, I hope this thread isn't an indication of the types of individuals on this forum (OP mainly) seems to me the older person was first letting you know your gun was showing, and then asking you to conceal it. In turn you were a dick then proceeded to act like a child who probably shouldn't have a gun to begin with.

Previously walmart's corporate policy was that CC was allowed but if someone saw your weapon you were asked to leave. Now it's not a corporate policy so it's up to the managers. If I was a manager there I would of apologized to the older gentleman for you being an ass and asked you to leave.

It was none of his business, or yours, if the gun was showing, and telling other people how to carry is rude and offensive conduct.. Of course, anti-gunners just can't help but try to control others.

Frankly, if you'd asked me to leave, I would have. Then, just to return the favor of your cretinous behavior, I really would have called the police, filed a criminal complaint against the customer for battery, asked for an ambulance so I could be transported and treated for my injuries no matter how minor, and sued you and your store for allowing and encouraging the criminal conduct.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    It was none of his business, or yours, if the gun was showing, and telling other people how to carry is rude and offensive conduct..

TOTALLY WRONG!!!

Post it up on a public forum and suddenly it IS everybody's business.

Furthermore, saying it is rude and offensive to express an opinion about somebody else's actions, whatever they are, is in an of itself expressing an opinion about somebody else's actions. Therefore, by its own definition, your comment is rude and offensive. :twocents:

Top Bottom