• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    News media like fox news and WIBC are continuing to push the no knock narrative. Which isnt helping. (just heard it at the top of the hour) It was a warrant with a no knock provision. But they did knock. Everyone who was a witness agrees with that. Whether they announced themselves by name is what is still in question. Cops said they identified themselves, but nobody supposedly heard them announce it. The dude inside thought it was a precursor to having the door kicked in by bad people so he shot at the knockers through the door because he didnt hear the announcement.

I wonder if they will stop calling it a no knock now that TWO officials have confirmed officially that they knocked and announced according to her upstairs neighbor as a witness?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Depends on the amount of time between the knock and the entry, don'tcha think?

In any event, the guy charged was on the other side of the building (I think) firing into the place through a window.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    He not only fired indiscriminately, he fired multiple shots into the building through a window. Moron.
    This is the reason for the wanton endangerment charges. You cut loose like that in an apartment complex and it definitely endangers everyone. I think it’s a correct indictment.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Looks like the "peaceful protestors" are blocking neighborhood streets in Louisville?
    There were a lot of streets blocked off already, but they seem to be “marching” randomly around downtown outside if the area that was closed down.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I looked on YouTube for live feeds, but the ones I am finding only seem to have commentators from BLM spouting all sorts of hatred.

Does anyone know of anyone who is streaming this that is real news or at least not a BLM groupie?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    WTF? “I’m tired of not being treated equally!

So. All cops who shoot white people are charged with murder? Is that what they think?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This isn't gonna placate anyone because no one was directly charged with her death.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Whelp, at least there's covid which has pretty much limited my interest in traveling anywhere lately. Won't be visiting Louisville for a while anyway. I do not agree with no knock warrants at all. If someone came (trying) to burst through my door I sure as hell would be freaking out and grabbing my gun.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Whelp, at least there's covid which has pretty much limited my interest in traveling anywhere lately. Won't be visiting Louisville for a while anyway. I do not agree with no knock warrants at all. If someone came (trying) to burst through my door I sure as hell would be freaking out and grabbing my gun.

Did you miss the part where this wasn't a no-knock incident? In general though, I agree.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Did you miss the part where this wasn't a no-knock incident? In general though, I agree.

Just to clarify for others who didn't hear the Cameron press conference, the warrant was "no-knock" but they did not execute it as such. They knocked and identified themselves.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just to clarify for others who didn't hear the Cameron press conference, the warrant was "no-knock" but they did not execute it as such. They knocked and identified themselves.

Ah, okay. I misunderstood then. I heard that they had identified themselves but thought that they said that it wasn't a no-knock. Thanks for clearing that up.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So the press is letting people they interview get away with saying a lot of **** that isn't true. For example, one of the local stations interviewed a professor of African-American Studies (I think they said he chairs the department) and he got a lot of things factually incorrect, and it seems it stems from just not knowing the law, or what was the scope of the KY state AG's role in this. In fact, many guests they had on made the same error. They seemed to think that the officers should have been charged with murder because the warrant was illegal. The facts are, the three cops in question had nothing to do with obtaining the warrant. They were called in to help with the bust.

And the facts surrounding the legality of the Warrant was not part of Cameron's investigation. That investigation is currently being handled by the FBI, along with potential civil rights violations. Cameron's investigation only focused on whether a crime was committed by police officers during the raid that caused Taylor's death. Cameron went over all of that in his briefing. There's no excuse for people not to know the facts before spouting off bull****. The media people conducting those interviews knew all that too. In framing a question to one of the defense attorneys they interviewed, they refereed to the FBI handling the investigation of the warrant. When interviewing someone I think they should push back when they know it's false information. (of course they better be right when they push back)

There's other stuff too that's just absurd.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis

For some reason I thought it was? I can't imagine any scenario where I would be answering the door in the middle of the night if someone claimed to be the police. I honestly don't have enough background on the case to give an educated opinion, but I still stand by that no knock comment.

Top Bottom