• ...and so much more!
  • Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Have the riots started yet?

Yes.we are in a period now where this will just keep happening. There are for sure some things that need to change in how the police operate, it rioting will not help their cause. It seems that many of the rioters want unreasonable things. I honestly think that, if we haven’t already crossed the threshhold, we are rapidly approaching a point where we cannot reconcile the differences each camp has with the other.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes.we are in a period now where this will just keep happening. There are for sure some things that need to change in how the police operate, it rioting will not help their cause. It seems that many of the rioters want unreasonable things. I honestly think that, if we haven’t already crossed the threshhold, we are rapidly approaching a point where we cannot reconcile the differences each camp has with the other.

We have been there since the Floyd :bs:

When they celebrate the worst society offers then yes we are there.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ah, okay. I misunderstood then. I heard that they had identified themselves but thought that they said that it wasn't a no-knock. Thanks for clearing that up.

For some reason I thought it was? I can't imagine any scenario where I would be answering the door in the middle of the night if someone claimed to be the police. I honestly don't have enough background on the case to give an educated opinion, but I still stand by that no knock comment.

The warrant was written with the option of no knock, but the executing officers chose not to. Even at the 1PM news blurb on WIBC they were still calling it a no knock. I think they FINALLY dropped the verbiage at 2.

The wanton disregard for truth, and journalistic malpractice is EVERYWHERE.

My niece is in her 2nd year at IU. She posted that the charges were BS. I asked her if she watched the news conference because the charges were legit based on the investigation, and they told everyone the details.

She immediately "I'm literally 19 and you are an adult***,please this was not for you"

I pointed out that she can vote, and is not a kid anymore. She is a young adult. And if she didnt want to actually discuss adult stuff she needed to stick to "kid topics". I also shared the article on the 7 things media is getting wrong, as well as the link to the news conference so she could educate herself.

Several of her friends had rather rude comments toward me. I was called a bootlicker and another made a rather bizarre meme about having sex on the apple suicide nets. :scratch: I chose to be the adult and not engage. One of her friends told me that it was a lie.

So I asked my niece specifically what she thought would have been the correct charges, and that I truly valued her opinion. And I also asked the lie chick what specifically was a lie. (there were at least 8 things addressed, on top of the summary... she was shot after her BF shot the cop, and the charged officer didnt shoot anyone and instead just negligently shot into the building hitting no one. )

4 hours later, crickets. These snot nosed teens just know its a lie, but couldnt tell you what the truth really is.

Whenever we get together at her grandparents house for pool parties, we end up all sitting in the garage solving the worlds problems. Me and my FIL are both "conservative' and she and her parents are all FLAMING liberals. Yet we can have polite discussions and disagree. But everytime we get going on those chats, she and her mom leave the room because they dont want to hear it. Probably because they cant defend their positions. (I think they each tried once and were shot down and didnt appreciate being wrong... which they admitted) I may need to threaten to have another "Garage Summit" with her and have Grandpa set her straight. She at least respects him. She tolerates me.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Now reports of second officer shot.

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Curfew was 9. I'm cool with National Guard goin weapons free at 10. Seems reasonable at this point, but I have been drinking.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Austin, DC, Columbus, and other places also getting sporty tonight. But I hear the biggest terrorists threat to us is from white supremacists, so it should all be fine. I'm sure CNN will report tomorrow AM that the protests were 93% peaceful.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Curfew was 9. I'm cool with National Guard goin weapons free at 10. Seems reasonable at this point, but I have been drinking.

I told the wife basically the same thing. Run a couple Hummers down the street with 50 Cal's mounted on top and watch the roaches scatter. Might not even need to fire a shot.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    This kind of thing shouldn't happen. Police and an armed citizen exchanged fire, someone else was shot and killed, and no one was criminally responsible for that. Mattingly and Cosgrove were justified in using deadly force because Kenneth Walker shot at them first. They had a reasonable fear for their lives at that point. Walker was also justified in as far as he did not know who was breaking into the home. He had a reasonable fear for his life. Okay, so how ****ed up is that? Both sides are justified, and someone was killed. I don't know what needs to be changed to prevent that from happening but maybe policy? Training? Something. That just shouldn't happen.

At this point we're now trying to deal with the unreasonable expectations. With something like this, expectations needed to be managed. And instead they were ignored. A lot of people in Louisville are upset, saying "the city has failed us", and they're kinda right about that. The Mayor has put this off and hidden things, and passed the blame, and was spineless to even broach expectation management. They've sat on this thing for 6 months and let it fester. No answers. And then people get this answer, and they don't understand it.

They think, reasonably, that a wrongful death like this should result in someone being held responsible. And they're really pissed that the one cop who was charged, his crime didn't even have anything to do with Briana's death. They're saying that the AG said that her death was justified. Of course that's not the case. He said the two police officers were justified in using deadly force. That's not the same thing as saying her death was justified. It's a void area in our criminal justice system. Two parties can both be "justified" in their actions, the result of which is the death of a presumably innocent person. There is a remedy though. It's civil. The city settled the wrongful death lawsuit for $12 million. Probably the lawyers got most of that. I see Crum was all over that case.

I get that it's hard to manage expectations in today's climate. If anyone dared to openly state in public why the likely outcome would not be murder charges for all three, they'd have been called racists, and canceled. But c'mon. 6 months of trying to hide from it?
    And where in this well thought out analysis is the race of the victim or the officers relevant?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You can pick apart whether the officers "technically" didn't execute a no-knock.

But, when you show up at night, identify yourself and then proceed to break down a door.....you might as well call it a no-knock or a raid.

The fact is, had reasonable police practices been employed in this situation, no one would have been shot and a cop would not be indicted on any charges.

It's a cluster****.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And where in this well thought out analysis is the race of the victim or the officers relevant?

I’m not aware of any evidence that race was a factor in the case, though maybe Feds will dig up something. But race is a factor, or the factor in why people are upset.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom