• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've been hoping for more parts to come into our classifieds.

I have a long term build waiting for some seasoned components. Maybe the holidays will bring some deals?

Aint no deals left my brother if that is what you are holding out for. Nope. NADA.

I have some parts but not sure what you need.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Aint no deals left my brother if that is what you are holding out for. Nope. NADA.

No deals but prices are remaining fair on quality parts. An fn barrel today costs what it cost a year ago. Magazines haven't spiked, except for private sales that are fetching more than new. The process have doubled and tripled on garbage tier parts though. Thus a bca bringing 900 dollars and 6920's bringing 1500.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No deals but prices are remaining fair on quality parts. An fn barrel today costs what it cost a year ago. Magazines haven't spiked, except for private sales that are fetching more than new. The process have doubled and tripled on garbage tier parts though. Thus a bca bringing 900 dollars and 6920's bringing 1500.

Truth.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Thanks, my friend!

I don't really have an immediate need to put this build together. Just the idea that some parts I have accumulated are laying there with nothing to do. Maybe the smarter move would be to sell them in the classies myself?

Political conditions in the wake do weigh on my mind a bit though. Might be better to have an extra complete rifle to hand to a neighbor in SHTF? Or trade it for a truck? :):

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm looking to buy an AR15, but my budget is only around $400... What are my best options! Help me out!

I know it wont have a scope or any fancy bells and whistles. I just want to make sure its a reliable, good quality rifle.

Thanks for all your opinions!

These two statements are not compatible. You will likely need to at least double your budget.

ETA: I guess I should have read the responses first. Looks like several of you beat me to the punch.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks, my friend!

I don't really have an immediate need to put this build together. Just the idea that some parts I have accumulated are laying there with nothing to do. Maybe the smarter move would be to sell them in the classies myself?

Political conditions in the wake do weigh on my mind a bit though. Might be better to have an extra complete rifle to hand to a neighbor in SHTF? Or trade it for a truck? :):

PM me a list. Not sure what you have but maybe I can help.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    These two statements are not compatible. You will likely need to at least double your budget.

ETA: I guess I should have read the responses first. Looks like several of you beat me to the punch.

TRUTH .... the ship sailed on those needs ! It's alright, MCg. It doesn't hurt to repeat a truth.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The absolute lowest price I have seen on a decent quality budget AR is $579 for a Diamondback DB-15. Sights not included. This was a couple of weeks ago at Rural King in Shelbyville, and 2 at Shoot Point Blank in Greenwood (believe it or not!) I just went to the Shelbyville Rural King a couple of days ago and the Diamondbacks are long gone, along with most of their other guns. Zero ARs. Shoot Point Blank had 1 Smith & Wesson M&P Sport II yesterday, I think it was around $799 or so.

I'm sorry amigo, but if $400 is all you have, you don't have enough money to enter the AR game right now. Especially considering the current cost of .223/5.56 ammo. Or any ammo, for that matter. I can't think of any semiauto rifle/carbine in that range right now. You're pretty much limited to a good pump shotgun, or maybe a Hi Point pistol caliber carbine.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

I am giving Nephew #3 a banker's box full of AR-15s. All 5 of them are like Santa's elves, making guns and having the older brothers driving them to the range, lol.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I'm looking to buy an AR15, but my budget is only around $400... What are my best options! Help me out!

I know it wont have a scope or any fancy bells and whistles. I just want to make sure its a reliable, good quality rifle.

Most prices and inventory today, you’re looking closer to $650. You have anything laying around you can sell? Side work? Overtime maybe?

if you can increase you budget by $250-ish you’re a lot closer to getting something built with current inventory and prices.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Dude, my mama told me, you better shop around.

Putative guidance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmtozPfMtak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKEmOGNcQRU

$400? Given the market, you may be out of luck if that is a firm 400.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I may have a few items. What are you looking for?

If I can get in on this offer...

I'm looking for a
    lower
    Trigger
    Stock
    Grip
    Upper
    Barrel
    Heat guard
    Sights
    Bolt release
    Bolt
    Safety selector
    Mag release
    Mags
    1000 rounds of 5.56

I've got $450 if you have all that.
    And to make it easier I'd prefer the parts just be put together to simulate an AR15 so I can see that all the parts work.

;)

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I found myself in your camp OP. Was looking to get in the AR game earlier this year then almost immediately the riots started... then pretty much everything else went wrong too. Pfft... Can't win 'em all.

What I've done instead is up my game in other areas. Lots more mags, ammo, preps, etc. Assuming you're already otherwise armed, my gut feeling is that $400 in AR mags today could easily be traded for a complete rifle in 6-12 months (and right now $400 is about 30 mags). Right now you can't buy ammo in almost any caliber at anything approximately sane except for probably hunting rounds and 12ga. May as well exercise those kinks if you want.

Top Bottom