• ...and so much more!
  • bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I also think that at least 1000rnds per firearm should be stocked just for a lot more of that warm fuzzy feeling I know I can get called crazy for that.. I'm ok with that also

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I also think that 1000rnds per firearm should be stocked just for a lot more of that warm fuzzy feeling I know I can get called crazy for that.. I'm ok with that also

No as I agree. These insane times we are walking in right now is proof to this.

Buddy called me this weekend looking for a shotgun. He is one of those guys. His wife has his male package in her purse. Good guy just a follower.
    I said yes I have 2 and will sell one. Shot him a fair price. He balked. Then asked as to ammo. I said yes only because you are without. Shot a package price which is extremely fair in this current market. He just fades away. But he just bought a new I-10 cell phone.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I gotta say, this dude showed up dropped one question and dipped on out. But it's created some pretty solid conversation. I nominate this has one of the best threads of the year.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country

Buddy called me this weekend looking for a shotgun. He is one of those guys. His wife has his male package in her purse. Good guy just a follower.
    I said yes I have 2 and will sell one. Shot him a fair price. He balked. Then asked as to ammo. I said yes only because you are without. Shot a package price which is extremely fair in this current market. He just fades away. But he just bought a new I-10 cell phone.

Some people and their priorities scare me sometimes.. the only fix for stupid is hindsight and that doesnt always work.. some peeps need physical and mental anguish to fix their stupid.. scary times for sure..

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy

I like shot guns whatcha got? :)

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I also think that 1000rnds per firearm should be stocked just for a lot more of that warm fuzzy feeling I know I can get called crazy for that.. I'm ok with that also

I'm well past the days when a measly 1,000 rds per gun made me feel warm and fuzzy. That just isn't enough anymore.

If and when we come out the other side of this shortage hopefully folks wake up and get stocked up.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm well past the days when a measly 1,000 rds per gun made me feel warm and fuzzy. That just isn't enough anymore.

If and when we come out the other side of this shortage hopefully folks wake up and get stocked up.

Nope. The masses will soon forget in the glow of their hand held devices.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country

I agree, I forgot the "at least" part :facepalm: going to fix that..

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I also think that at least 1000rnds per firearm should be stocked just for a lot more of that warm fuzzy feeling  I know I can get called crazy for that.. I'm ok with that also

When I get to 1000 rounds I start getting nervous.

I don't like getting down to my last 1000 of anything in my reloading supplies. I know a lot of people have been indoctrinated by MSM to be afraid of guns and I also realize that I am a minority in society for maintaining my hobby at the level I do, but this is what I was preparing for.

Will supplies get better? All we have is hope and faith.

Will people wake up? Nope.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I kinda hope people don't wake up. Selfish? Sure. But if everyone "wakes up", we will never get out of this shortage.:)

I'm not where I was a year ago. Prior to this summer, I went through as many rounds of ammo in a year that I now do in a month or less. The infrequent use of .22 ammo had me at a lifetime supply. At my current usage that has dropped to about two years.

And 9 mm is worse. What was about 2-3 years worth is now closer to 1 year at best.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

This is where I'm at now. I used to think 2 cases per caliber would be nice, with 1k being the minimum, but not any longer. I've been re-awoken and will stock more deeply in the future. Again, I thought I was going to have an entire year to get on it, but, not how it went. If the new normal is going to be $2/rd for pretty much anything, then I guess I'll buy a 50 round box a month until I get there and start looking into some air guns.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Well guys my 2 cents if its worth that much is you need a minimum 1,000rds per firearm. Living in the country i don't sense the need to have 10 mags loaded. However, every firearm in the home is. The ones laying around different locations have one in the chamber, the ones in the safe do not. I don't like the idea of grabbing a firearm chambered out of my safe if I have time to retrieve it from my safe I have time to chamber a round. Again in the country. If in the city with all these riots, arson, assaults it would be a different story. It's good to have several firearms staged at different points in your home for your own protection.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well guys my 2 cents if its worth that much is you need a minimum 1,000rds per firearm. Living in the country i don't sense the need to have 10 mags loaded. However, every firearm in the home is. The ones laying around different locations have one in the chamber, the ones in the safe do not. I don't like the idea of grabbing a firearm chambered out of my safe if I have time to retrieve it from my safe I have time to chamber a round. Again in the country. If in the city with all these riots, arson, assaults it would be a different story. It's good to have several firearms staged at different points in your home for your own protection.

City life is different. Sadly.
    I do not let my spouse go many places without me these days.

TolusD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2020
    Dream World
    I built my wife an ultralight AR from clearance bin parts back in October. I spent about $850. It's an amazing weapon, but even with 90% clearance items it still cost that much. The last AR I built for myself was about a year ago. It has a ton of high end parts in it compared to hers and I spent about $700 on it all in.

The market is just wrecked right now.

RANGERRON72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2016
    Centennial
    Agree with FULLMETALJESUS above, I am an FFL, and buy wisely. $550 build is about right, just dont lose the "Oh Jesus" spring when you assemble...... fingers slip, spring flys out, and you say "Oh Jesus, where did that go?" Good luck, your timing couldnt be worse.......

Top Bottom