• ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    They are crap. They are rarely in spec, their uppers are all over the board and rarely line up take down pins properly. You can get an aero for cheaper in a lot of cases and while they aren't perfect they are exponentially better than the Anderson lowers, and monumentally better than the uppers.

I've used Aero Precision for all of my builds and have zero complaints.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    The casual budget builder is not going to be equipped to install a front sight post. By the time you get it installed and an acceptable rear you're way past a simple effective Romeo msr, romeo5, or entry level holosun. The msr's are all over the place right now for under 100 and they are good to go for a basic dot.
    Several vendors will install a pinned FSB for you and ship the assy, but your point is a good one.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Since we are kinda talking about builds can I ask a stupid question?

The new s&w ar15 I bought has the heat guard that has the ring you have to pull down to separate to remove it. I'd like to upgrade to a quad rail. What is that style of connector called what should I be looking for to replace it with it needing to replace the barrel nut and gas block

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Since we are kinda talking about builds can I ask a stupid question?

The new s&w ar15 I bought has the heat guard that has the ring you have to pull down to separate to remove it. I'd like to upgrade to a quad rail. What is that style of connector called what should I be looking for to replace it with it needing to replace the barrel nut and gas block

They make rails that will mount into that system. They can be tricky to install but will fit up nicely. Does your rifle have the A-pillar front site...????

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    They make rails that will mount into that system. They can be tricky to install but will fit up nicely. Does your rifle have the A-pillar front site...????

Yes. I was curious as to what that connecting system was called so I know what to start looking for.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    155   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    You are looking for a Drop in Quad rail. You pull the delta ring back, separate the 2 halves of the forearm and remove, then pull the delta ring back again and install the new quad rail. Sometimes the delta ring is a bear and it will take 2 people.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You are looking for a Drop in Quad rail. You pull the delta ring back, separate the 2 halves of the forearm and remove, then pull the delta ring back again and install the new quad rail. Sometimes the delta ring is a bear and it will take 2 people.

Delta ring. Thats it.....:):

Top Bottom