• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Wear a balaclava and a black trench coat to make a real fashion statement.

*** HEADLINE NEWS***

Man armed with an AK-47 brought down by 3 armed citizens. It turns out they were all, including the victim, participants in an online forum known as :ingo:. The shooters say they felt threatened by the aggressive appearance of the victim. Of the 37 hits on the victim, 25 were from Glocks, 5 from Rugers, Sigs, and Walthers, 6 from S&W's and one from a Cz 75 (pre)B. Most were 9mm, but the one stopping shot was from a .45. Though the victim got off no shots, all in all, 700 rnds were fired. All were reloads. The shooters, remarkably, cleaned up after themselves (shell casings). 27 bystanders were wounded and taken to Wishard hospital where 3 are expected to live. All weapons were confiscated when the Metropolitan police arrived on the scene. One shooter locked himself in his car and kept shouting "am I being detained officer?"Overheard were the terms and 'second amendment rights and 'zombie apocalypse.' Possible arrests are pending. :D

AM I BEING DETAINED!?

:)::)::)::)::):

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    If I were to sling my AK-47 over my shoulder and take a stroll through town and there are several man with gun calls to the police, it is a few minutes before school gets out so the schools get locked down, could I be charged with something like disorderly conduct?

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    So your up for it?
    Wouldn't be the first "pro-gun" demonstration I've been involved in. I pick and choose my battles however. It must serve a valid purpose for a specific problem and not cause more problems for anyone, if not actually BENEFIT people. For example, that "occupy broad ripple with guns" event last year which the media did such a great job of slandering and BSing the public about. It served a good purpose, but you would think quite the contrary if you didn't attend and based your opinion on what the media fed you.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    The whole walking around town with a rifle slung is reminding of of youtube vids where some moron trying to bait cops in with a camera.

It isn't illegal in a lot of states but really? Why?

1nthechmber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    well....

If I were to sling my AK-47 over my shoulder and take a stroll through town and there are several man with gun calls to the police, it is a few minutes before school gets out so the schools get locked down, could I be charged with something like disorderly conduct?

Let's find out.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

Charged? Sure.

Tried or convicted? ...not so much.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Reading these posts reminds me of when I would have to take a gun to Danny's Gun Repair in downtown Louisville, KY. If any of you have been to downtown Louisville you know how bad the parking could be(even in the 80's) so there I would be. No case, strolling down main street and feeling like the eyes of the world were upon me. I never got hassled by LEO, crooks, or panhandlers.

Speaking of panhandlers. I had an un-cased AMD 65 Ak in the cab of my truck one day and had to make a quick stop to get some smokes at Circle K. When I came out a panhandler saw me and followed me to my truck. I began grinning because I knew what was coming next. I got in the truck and he came to my side of the truck, looked in and saw that AK sitting there and his eyes bugged out and I will never forget this as long as I live. He looked me straight in the eye and said, "Can you lend me a couple of bucks man?" I busted out laughing and gave him three dollars for having the stones to still ask.

I bet he still tells that story. "Man I got $3 from a crazy cracker with an AK in his truck. Now top that!"

To the OP I say this...Do it just to say you did and screw decorum. This is America Damn it!:ar15:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    The thing about displaying long arms is that it is unecessary. You wouldn't do it normally and so it's not representory of your overall objective and thus viewed as eccentric. It makes the public view you in the light of the typical stereotype; "buck toothed, gun toting hillbilly who's afraid the government is out to get us all." If you want to be successful in a fight for your rights you must stay away from pre-existing stereotypes and show a more proper side of the firearms community.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    So what does a well dress "assault" rifle wear to church?:dunno:

An optic with good "cross" hairs and the following passage written on the receiver "Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle"
    Psalm 144:1

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Another valid reason for more folks to open carry, wouldn't you say?

Yes, but when it comes to a rifle...it isn't like you can practically conceal carry one...well without some modifications to it and the way you dress.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Yes, but when it comes to a rifle...it isn't like you can practically conceal carry one...well without some modifications to it and the way you dress.

Ensuring that our fellow citizens understand the legality of bearing arms in public does not hinge on the practicality of hiding it from them.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The thing about displaying long arms is that it is unecessary. You wouldn't do it normally and so it's not representory of your overall objective and thus viewed as eccentric. It makes the public view you in the light of the typical stereotype; "buck toothed, gun toting hillbilly who's afraid the government is out to get us all." If you want to be successful in a fight for your rights you must stay away from pre-existing stereotypes and show a more proper side of the firearms community.
    ^This^ I've touched on this type of thing in other posts, especially concerning my EDC sidearm. I don't EDC a rifle so I don't consider it part of my normal routine.

I just go about my everyday business like I always do and try to show by the way I act and carry myself that it's no big deal.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Ensuring that our fellow citizens understand the legality of bearing arms in public does not hinge on the practicality of hiding it from them.

As usual, ATM lives up to his avatar and comes bearing great wisdom.

The only way that our right to bear arms will become more acceptable, is if people realize that it IS acceptable and even desirable. People who responsibly and safely OC in public remind people who wouldn't otherwise have realized that it IS legal to carry a gun in public, and that people who do it AREN'T psychopathic murderers or gun nuts.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Just think, if carrying long arms became common and acceptable, we could see more of THIS:
    girlswithguns6rt.jpg

I'm willing to do my part. :D

Top Bottom