• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Just think, if carrying long arms became common and acceptable, we could see more of THIS:
    girlswithguns6rt.jpg

I'm willing to do my part. :D
    :thatshot:

Wishful thinking

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I would carry a rifle if there wasn't a more practical option for me such as carrying a handgun. IMO a rifle says "offense" while a handgun says "defense" but like I said if there were NO other options- think CA- then I would rock a long gun.

I'm really wanting a Serbu Super Shorty though and I would definitely rock one of those. They make leg holsters...

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I would like to have a second amendment solidari ty march with as many people as I could get together and walk down the street w ith assault rifles wearing church clothes.

This thread smells more than a little fishy.

What does open carrying a rifle on a public street have to do with wearing church clothes? What exactly are you trying to accomplish with feeding the stereotype of "people clinging to their guns and religion"? The two are not linked except in the minds of those who condemn both. Why are you using anti-2A terms like "assault rifle" to describe our semiauto rifles?

Last edited:

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Good luck getting a LOT of support. Too many "2nd amendment supporters" are too afraid to come out of "cyber annonymity" and be put into possible media spotlight. Some people simply like to complain about their rights being taken away and not willing to do anything about it in a legitimate sense.
    Just to comment generally on that last part, regarding RKBA issues.

First, it is certainly not desirable to only complain while having no intention to actually do anything about rights being taken away or infringed, though one might solicit others views to see how much support there is for taking action.

Second, there is identifying what specific rights have been taken away, and through which offending statute(s) that was done. This will lead to the appropriate remedy (as far as "doing something about it in a legitimate sense"). This consists of drafting a bill to repeal the offending statute(s), finding a sponsor to introduce it in one of the legislative bodies, and seeing it through its course to be signed by the chief executive (Governor or President, depending on the scope of the law).

This does not require fame, notoriety, marching in the streets, "occupying" this or that, or media attention, though that last one is likely to occur once they find you're out to get your rights back legitimately - where it counts - where laws are made: in the legislature.

Specifically on the thread topic, since Indiana law is silent, as it should be, on the bearing of long guns, and there exist no statutory infringements such as licensing and registration of long arms or their owners/carriers, i.e. those who keep and bear those arms, then in that case (long guns) the right of the people has not been infringed. So it is difficult to discern what, if any, purpose a gathering of people with long arms would serve other than the simple exercise of a right. A right which the people already have and which has not been statutorily infringed.¹ The same cannot be said for the bearing of sidearms/handguns. (See IC 35-47-2)

¹ That is not to cast aspersions on those who choose to do so, rather to draw a distinction between assertion of an existing right versus legitimate and effective action to remedy specific grievances.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This thread smells more than a little fishy.

What does open carrying a rifle on a public street have to do with wearing church clotthes? What exactly are you trying to accomplish with feeding the stereotype of "people clinging to their guns and religion"? The two are not linked except in the minds of those who condemn both. Why are you using anti-2A terms like "assault rifle" to describe our semiauto rifles?
    Yeah that made me pause too because of not being familiar with this posters style.

I could'nt tell if he was maybe being sarcastic with the stereotypes. Still not sure. :dunno:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    At first glance, I assumed that it was his way of saying "...open carrying a rifle on a public street while dressed in semi-formal or formal attire."

But I have no inside knowledge of his intentions, so that is mere speculation on my part.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Church clothes? What if someone(s) is(are) Muslim? Although, it might be funny watching Jetgirl's monkey in a bhurka carrying an AK down the street....

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Its ok, I make a ton of cash at my job.

I dont mind paying for a LTCR as well as my LTCH.

Seriously, I dont.

Go for it.

And that youtube video... was freaking lame. MrAK47Master is not doing us any favors.

Cop: "Why are you being difficult?"

MrAK47Master: "I'm not being difficult"

He set OUT to be difficult, he set out to be an issue, he set out to make trouble... for a youtube video. His biggest fear at the beginning, is that the video would be boring, and nothing would happen. Then he ACTED like he WANTED to just be left alone, when really he was almost giddy he got the attention he was hoping for.

Also I think it was mildly funny it was 1:30 in the afternoon, he was walking to meet his wife who HAD a job, to get the car.

Most likely, this tool is unemployed. Which says something all on its own.

Last edited:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I agree with this post.
    Although it is perfectly legal to do so, I'm sure a citizen will see a massacre in the making and call law enforcement.
    Good Luck.:twocents:

I am sitting here thinking, I live on a quiet country road.

If I saw 3, 4.. maybe 5 guys coming down the road with AK47s... what would I do?

Keep cutting the grass?

Frankly I think I would probably hop off, go inside, grab the AR, and camp out by the front window till I figured out what they were up to.

Thats just probably what I would feel most comfortable doing.

Because carrying rifles openly down a street just isnt normal, so you you cant expect people to act like it is, untill it IS normal.

I will have a abnormal response to a abnormal situation.

It would be very foolish, and awefully trusting of me to just keep cutting my grass, with no idea what these gun toting fellas were up to.

Because chances are they are just walking down the street to go shoot and have a great time.

But there is also that "Other" possibility, and thats the one that I worry about.

Just thinkin out loud.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I can think of LOTS of reasons to carry a long gun openly.

I carried a rifle over to show my neighbor a while back. Just put it up on my shoulder, and took a walk. I COULD have dug out a case, emptied it, cased up the rifle, and lugged it over. I figured a chamber flag would be sufficient, though.

Sorry. I don't see the similarity with what the OP was talking about.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    The whole walking around town with a rifle slung is reminding of of youtube vids where some moron trying to bait cops in with a camera.

It isn't illegal in a lot of states but really? Why?

Asking is a no-no. I already got smacked on the pee-pee. :rolleyes:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Don't go there. It's not your place to decide whether what motivates a man is good enough or not.

I laughed out loud when I read this.

So you go thru life without ever making a judgement based on your perception of someone elses motive?

I hope you dont have kids.

Because when a kid shows up wanting to date my daughter, you had best BELIEVE I will be making a judgement call on his motives, and his motives had better be "Good Enough".

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom