• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    The only thing that disappoints me with the guy in the video is if he hasn't filed harassment charges on the local PD yet. They stated they knew who he was and that he was doing nothing wrong. Yet they still detained him. It's a shame so many pro 2A people think that by never exercising their rights they won't lose them. However if you hide them in the background and don't let anybody know you have them they will be safe from being taken away from you. And yet, if you replaced the AK with a person of a different race or religion I would think (or at least hope) you would all be appalled at the incident. Rights are rights. There's no difference.

So as long as he only violates your rights a little bit and let's you go you're good with it. To me, using your analogy, it would be more like bending over and grabbing your ankles but refusing to kiss him when he's done. (This is not a personal attack. Just my view on your analogy.)

So you feel that you should file charges against the department if a cop so much as stops to say hi and try to get a feeling what you are all about?

Just how are the police supposed to do their job if they cant even TALK to people in the town without being sued.

Might as well replace them with robots.

Sounds a little extreme to me bro.

I thought the police in the video seemed pretty cool and reasonable.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Nope, but if they already know and keep stopping me. Yes I have a problem with it. I also have a problem with, "what are you doing? and where are you going?" It's none of your business.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Nope, but if they already know and keep stopping me. Yes I have a problem with it. I also have a problem with, "what are you doing? and where are you going?" It's none of your business.

Last time I was pulled over, they asked, "Where were you going? What were you doing? Have you been working late?"

and I gotta admit, when they gave my my license back, because they suspected I was drunk because of how I was driving, and their questions led them to believe I was just REALLY tired from working 14 hours straight......

I wasnt planning on sueing them, in fact I thought they did a good job.

Because nothing wakes you up, better than being pulled over :)

Questions are sometimes..... not a terrible thing.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    The only thing that disappoints me with the guy in the video is if he hasn't filed harassment charges on the local PD yet. They stated they knew who he was and that he was doing nothing wrong. Yet they still detained him. It's a shame so many pro 2A people think that by never exercising their rights they won't lose them. However if you hide them in the background and don't let anybody know you have them they will be safe from being taken away from you. And yet, if you replaced the AK with a person of a different race or religion I would think (or at least hope) you would all be appalled at the incident. Rights are rights. There's no difference.

So as long as he only violates your rights a little bit and let's you go you're good with it. To me, using your analogy, it would be more like bending over and grabbing your ankles but refusing to kiss him when he's done. (This is not a personal attack. Just my view on your analogy.)

If he requests to see ID and LTCH, you are required to show them to him. As for him DOING HIS JOB and taking 60 seconds to see what you are about, I don't have a problem with that.

As for "hiding them" and considering them safe....so if we all CC, no legislation will ever be introduced that will outlaw guns? All that will do is decrease public awareness of guns and gun laws, which will only serve to increase the ignorant paranoia that we have to deal with now.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    They had reason to pull you over. You were driving erratically. The appropriate question would have been, "Have you been drinking?" or "Are you under the influence?". Where you were and where you are going are not important. Now explaining that on your own accord is up to you.

If he requests to see ID and LTCH, you are required to show them to him.

You don't have to show a LTCH since we're talking about carrying a long gun in this instance. No ID if you aren't being lawfully detained is my understanding. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I would carry a rifle if there wasn't a more practical option for me such as carrying a handgun. IMO a rifle says "offense" while a handgun says "defense" but like I said if there were NO other options- think CA- then I would rock a long gun.

I'm really wanting a Serbu Super Shorty though and I would definitely rock one of those. They make leg holsters...

TF... I can't believe you just did that. That makes me sad.

Just my opinion. Never said I cared if someone else was carrying a rifle, hell I would probably go see what kind it was, ask them if they were a member on here or INS, see where they shot at, if they had ever shot IDPA or USPSA etc.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Just my opinion. Never said I cared if someone else was carrying a rifle, hell I would probably go see what kind it was, ask them if they were a member on here or INS, see where they shot at, if they had ever shot IDPA or USPSA etc.

Interesting.

My first thought is self defense, your first thought is freindship.

What does that say about my state of paranoia? I am starting to feel like a very pessimistic guy.

Heck, the last time 3 guys showed up at the door to sell me "Frozen Meat that they had to sell because they reached the end of their route" I was pretty darned rude.

I dont like 3 guys showing up at my front door wanting in my house.

I can gauruntee my reaction would have been EVEN RUDER if they showed up with rifles on their back wanting to sell me the meat.......

But you would say "Hey bro whats up, comon in have a beer, you a member of INGO? Sweet. Are those AKs? Awesome is that a .......

<boom boom boom>

100_6282-resized-600.JPG

Sorry man, I just cant live that open and trusting a lifestyle.

I am glad its worked for you so far tho. I hope you never meet the gun toting guy who is NOT a enthusiast just out to walk his rifle and get it some sun-time.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Interesting.

My first thought is self defense, your first thought is freindship.

What does that say about my state of paranoia? I am starting to feel like a very pessimistic guy.

Heck, the last time 3 guys showed up at the door to sell me "Frozen Meat that they had to sell because they reached the end of their route" I was pretty darned rude.

I dont like 3 guys showing up at my front door wanting in my house.

I can gauruntee my reaction would have been EVEN RUDER if they showed up with rifles on their back wanting to sell me the meat.......

But you would say "Hey bro whats up, comon in have a beer, you a member of INGO? Sweet. Are those AKs? Awesome is that a .......

<boom boom boom>

100_6282-resized-600.JPG

I am glad its worked for you so far tho. I hope you never meet the gun toting guy who is NOT a enthusiast just out to walk his rifle and get it some sun-time.

Tanning your rifles is very important. You also have to make sure to rotate them so that they don't tan unevenly.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

"Be polite, be courteous, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet" is my motto and is has worked out very well so far, thanks for the concern.

:ingo:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Wear a balaclava and a black trench coat to make a real fashion statement.

*** HEADLINE NEWS***

Man armed with an AK-47 brought down by 3 armed citizens. It turns out they were all, including the victim, participants in an online forum known as :ingo:. The shooters say they felt threatened by the aggressive appearance of the victim. Of the 37 hits on the victim, 25 were from Glocks, 5 from Rugers, Sigs, and Walthers, 6 from S&W's and one from a Cz 75 (pre)B. Most were 9mm, but the one stopping shot was from a .45. Though the victim got off no shots, all in all, 700 rnds were fired. All were reloads. The shooters, remarkably, cleaned up after themselves (shell casings). 27 bystanders were wounded and taken to Wishard hospital where 3 are expected to live. All weapons were confiscated when the Metropolitan police arrived on the scene. One shooter locked himself in his car and kept shouting "am I being detained officer?"Overheard were the terms and 'second amendment rights and 'zombie apocalypse.' Possible arrests are pending. :D

I'm still laughing. :)

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Well that would be a different deal, if they were dressed to hunt, it was hunting season, etc.

That WOULD be normal.

I would be ok in that situation as well, because my brain would say "Those are hunters, its hunting season, all is OK."

I think my brain would say "Code Blue" if it WASNT hunting season, they werent wearing camo, and they had non-hunting guns.

But my brain is a little paranoid about being the least armed guy in the room. ESPECIALLY around my home, where all my earthly possesions are, my kids, wife etc... I got a lot to protect here.

:yesway:

1nthechmber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    i stand corrected

This thread smells more than a little fishy.

What does open carrying a rifle on a public street have to do with wearing church clothes? What exactly are you trying to accomplish with feeding the stereotype of "people clinging to their guns and religion"? The two are not linked except in the minds of those who condemn both. Why are you using anti-2A terms like "assault rifle" to describe our semiauto rifles?

You are right...I should not have said assault rifle.....

And I only used church clothes as an example....

Dress clothes.

I just want to use my rights before they are gone.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The thing about displaying long arms is that it is unecessary. You wouldn't do it normally and so it's not representory of your overall objective and thus viewed as eccentric. It makes the public view you in the light of the typical stereotype; "buck toothed, gun toting hillbilly who's afraid the government is out to get us all." If you want to be successful in a fight for your rights you must stay away from pre-existing stereotypes and show a more proper side of the firearms community.

Devil's advocate: carrying a handgun is unnecessary. Plenty of other alternatives for self-defense. Why is a long gun any different?

And why don't we normally carry long guns anymore? Could it be because somewhere in our storied past some squeaky wheel minority out-shouted the well-behaved gun-toters resulting in the obligatory "Fine, if it causes you that much grief I just won't bring it into town anymore?"

I would argue that normal is fluid. There was a once a point in time where homosexuality was considered abnormal. And how did that change? By repeated and obnoxious in-your-face exposure in the public domain.

Not that I'm advocating obnoxious behavior, but carrying long-guns will never be normalized unless and until people start doing it.

I am sitting here thinking, I live on a quiet country road.

If I saw 3, 4.. maybe 5 guys coming down the road with AK47s... what would I do?

Keep cutting the grass?

Frankly I think I would probably hop off, go inside, grab the AR, and camp out by the front window till I figured out what they were up to.

Thats just probably what I would feel most comfortable doing.

Because carrying rifles openly down a street just isnt normal, so you you cant expect people to act like it is, untill it IS normal.

I will have a abnormal response to a abnormal situation.

It would be very foolish, and awefully trusting of me to just keep cutting my grass, with no idea what these gun toting fellas were up to.

Because chances are they are just walking down the street to go shoot and have a great time.

But there is also that "Other" possibility, and thats the one that I worry about.

Just thinkin out loud.

As I said above, if people never do it, how will it become normal? /rhetorical

I laughed out loud when I read this.

So you go thru life without ever making a judgement based on your perception of someone elses motive?

I hope you dont have kids.

Because when a kid shows up wanting to date my daughter, you had best BELIEVE I will be making a judgement call on his motives, and his motives had better be "Good Enough".

apples and oranges. You introduce a factor that completely changes the scenario.

If you want to use a scenario involving dating your daughter, then the correct analogy would be this: it's not up to you to decide whether dating your daughter is good enough for him. Or to put it another way: whether your daughter is good enough for him. That's his choice to make.

Your example is whether or not his choices are good enough for you daughter. Not even close to the same thing.

But I'm glad to know you take an active interest in your daughter's dating friends. :yesway:

1nthechmber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    My whole idea did come about after I saw the AK vid from mrakmaster a couple weeks ago.....I do think his approach was slightly juvenile,but he did have a point.

His town is very rural compared to Indy,so as some have suggested there probably would be SWAT team on the seen,and I really wouldn't want my rifle confiscated....if I did do it though I would have a big huge American flag that I would wave back and forth so they knew I wasn't some crazed gun freak.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I was curious if I have my ltch permit,and my rifle is slung behind my back
    With magazine in,but not chambered am I legal?

Please show me your PERMIT?

I would like to have a second amendment solidari ty march with as many people as I could get together and walk down the street w ith assault rifles wearing church clothes.

It has been done before.

So your up for it then?

Hopefully your comprehension of your miranda rights aren't as bad as your grammar.

So your up for it?

My whole idea did come about after I saw the AK vid from mrakmaster a couple weeks ago.....I do think his approach was slightly juvenile,but he did have a point.

His town is very rural compared to Indy,so as some have suggested there probably would be SWAT team on the seen,and I really wouldn't want my rifle confiscated....if I did do it though I would have a big huge American flag that I would wave back and forth so they knew I wasn't some crazed gun freak.

If you are the voice of gun rights I'm taking up fishing as a hobby instead.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    if I did do it though I would have a big huge American flag that I would wave back and forth so they knew I wasn't some crazed gun freak.
    IDK.. I think there are alot of people out there that would still look at you like a crazed gun freak.

Top Bottom