Not open for further replies.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Some people just don't have enough to complain about. Why does it matter if someone want to sell or buy a gun? Please explain how this is a problem on a gun forum with a classified section. Deal with the problem posters and carry on. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

USPatriot11B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Greenwood
    I’ll Please no, I’m not at 50 post yet but I only joined recently cause I relocated to Indiana in December. I’m am really interested in discussing firearms in general and being part of a group that could help me find shooting activities around and such. I also would like to take part in the classified section as well because I am absolutely tired of armslist. Please dont punish everyone for the crimes of some.

I agree! Is there another way to weed out the BS? Im a coming from armslist because of the garbage on there. I am in no hurry and I am enjoying the conversation with the gun community but I would also like to be able to participate in the classifieds. 100 to 150 quite frankly I dont have time for that. Im sure over the course of a few months I will get there. But dont punish everyone

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    I agree! Is there another way to weed out the BS? Im a coming from armslist because of the garbage on there. I am in no hurry and I am enjoying the conversation with the gun community but I would also like to be able to participate in the classifieds. 100 to 150 quite frankly I dont have time for that. Im sure over the course of a few months I will get there. But dont punish everyone
    You don’t have time for posts but you have time for the classifieds?

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    The best secret about the classifieds is that they're really not any better than anywhere else. Just some dudes selling some stuff. Most of which can be bought elsewhere for about the same cost & effort.

That's why it's so funny how many people get their panties in a twist over having to make 50 posts before having access to this ​magical place...

Edit: Imagine if these people had ever been required to buy a newspaper​ in order to use the classified ads!!

Last edited:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    The little i get on here, i post. It would be nice to be able to access the classifieds as well....not sure where your confusion is.
    Kinda sound like every new kid on the block. Jump in and get informed. Nice thing about being one of the 45,979 plus members who have something to add and meet on common ground.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

There is always this... https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...berships-here-read-become-site-supporter.html

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The best secret about the classifieds is that they're really not any better than anywhere else. Just some dudes selling some stuff. Most of which can be bought elsewhere for about the same cost & effort.

That's why it's so funny how many people get their panties in a twist over having to make 50 posts before having access to this ​magical place...

Edit: Imagine if these people had ever been required to buy a newspaper​ in order to use the classified ads!!

One nice thing about our classifieds vs. Armslist is that you can get a feel for who you're dealing with (most times) if you're interacting with them in the regular threads. If the seller only posts in the classifieds, you don't really get that (other than their rating). Meeting your fellow INGO members face to face is nice, I think. Puts a face to the handles, and everyone I've met has been good people.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

OK. Lets look at it this way......"You" Moderate this place. "You" chase these things down. Then "You" get back with me on how it is going for you. Or start your own forum. Hey that sounds like a great idea.

Until then these are the rules and they are here for good reason. Regardless.
    Now my panties are twisted up. Lets talk about that OK.

These are the rules as they stand. Follow or not I could care. ***** about them enough and we can set you out of the playground. Or start your own forum.

Or just cough up the $20 dollars and step up to the post.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Don't have time for it, just pay the supporter fee, or hang around and participate. If you know the folks you are dealing with because they & you participate, it's more like a swap meet among friends.

Also, not sure how anyone, let alone everyone is getting punished?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Interesting. I read the first few pages and just skipped over here to put in my 2 cents.
    I stumbled onto INGO when I googled about where to buy used guns online 22 months ago.
    I bought my first gun and sold it on another used gun sight, I don't even remember what site it even was, before I even knew about INGO.
    I bought a gun at a gun shop in Westfield also, if memory serves.
    Really don't remember the exact sequencing, but when I found INGO, I was thrilled but found out I could not buy from the Classifieds w/o 50 posts, and that would take about a month or two (by my figuring at the time), so I thought I'd simply have to continue to buy my guns from Armslist (I discovered them after the other small site I'd used).
    When I questioned why I had to go elsewhere to buy a used gun (not knowing anything about the "politics" of the situation and that was not a popular question) someone had mercy on me, and I was told I could circumvent the 50 posts if I joined, paying my $50. No problem. Been there and done that gladly.
    That was certainly less expensive than my car club I was in for nearly a decade, of which I just paid for a lifetime membership back in April of 2010, and would have done so here on INGO, but there were only selling memberships by the year.
    I was grateful that someone told me about the $20 membership benefits or I would have not known and I would not have started my journey on INGO of checking the Classifieds everyday and sometimes multiple times per day.
    That is why I originally came to INGO: to buy used guns.
    I got so much more! :thumbsup:

Obviously, I learned of the community and became an avid participator and feel like I have some very real friends here.
    I don't even think CM minds me so much anymore since I stay under his radar better now than I used to. :lmfao:

It has been wonderful for this boring old man to connect with others with a new passion (actually an old one that got revived).
    I have weaned myself of my car club participation in S2KCA, because this INGO has taken all my hobby interest of late, but feel free to go and look me up and read my 1000s of threads/posts: if you think I'm too wordy and boring about guns, you should hear me about roadsters. :laugh:
    I plan to go on a road trip this summer with some of the Tri-State S2KCA group to renew some relationships (still keep in touch with a few).

I'm sure there are mercenary vendors here posing as members just trying to make a buck off people.
    I was not one of them.
    Like I read and some suggested, before I contact someone about buying their gun, I check to see how long they have been around (I've been around for 22 months), and that is an alarm bell if they are newish. I just passed on a gun this week b/c of that.

Also, just this week, I passed on 2 buyers that wanted my CZ P-10 b/c I didn't like the profile that emerged when emailing back and forth.
    So, I get it. I understand whether it's buyers or sellers, INGO does not want to be polluted with self-serving people, but wants to create a forum for others that is much bigger than a Classified section.

Summing up my thoughts that are all positive about INGO: :rockwoot: :thumbsup: :ingo: :wow:
    I'm so grateful that it is a community, and not just an "Armslist."

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    OK. Lets look at it this way......"You" Moderate this place. "You" chase these things down. Then "You" get back with me on how it is going for you. Or start your own forum. Hey that sounds like a great idea.

Until then these are the rules and they are here for good reason. Regardless.
    Now my panties are twisted up. Lets talk about that OK.

These are the rules as they stand. Follow or not I could care. ***** about them enough and we can set you out of the playground. Or start your own forum.

Or just cough up the $20 dollars and step up to the post.

I think you replied to my post by accident? I don't care about the 50 post rule either way...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think you replied to my post by accident? I don't care about the 50 post rule either way...

I may have misunderstood your response. If so my apology's. It may have been in your delivery but in general my post was for all to see and read. I should have been more clear in that. I tend to do this when my panties get twisted up. And this topic tends to do this.

I spend lot of my time dealing with the classifieds. Just enough people do not follow the simple rules and get cranky when singled out and made to step up. Many are low post non-supporters. It tends to get irritating. And yes, I have suggested some of the repeat offenders get the support banner or stop posting in the WTS areas. Some do. Some cant post anymore.
    Some folks are fine and apologize. We all forget at times. In this we have these rules to set the tone/standard of the site. It can be rewarding When I get to help and it can be a serious pain as well.
    Again, this is an in general statement for all not just you.

Please think before you post about this. If you like it or not just think why we have it this way.

Thanks.

Last edited:

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I may have misunderstood your response. If so my apology's. It may have been in your delivery but in general my post was for all to see and read. I should have been more clear in that. I tend to do this when my panties get twisted up.

Yeah, it wasn't your panties I was referring to. It was the guys who hate having to post 50 whole times!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've never won anything before! Where do I go to claim my prize?
    Well. You have to cross over into a different realm to claim it. But you get to ride unicorns and wear a nifty hat.

There was a picture of CM in this magical place. I think in one of them CM was feeding an ice cream cone to a unicorn near a waterfall. I’m still confused how he got the ice cream cone all the way out there in the wilderness without it melting. What flavor was it, I’d like to know. And why was he trying to feed it to the unicorn? Do they like ice cream? Was CM trying to coax the unicorn from danger? Was he rewarding the unicorn for something. Maybe a milestone reached.

I just don’t know the answer to these things. But. I kinda suspect that when you get there? The prize for winning will be ice cream. Hopefully it’s not some weird flavor.

I’d link to the thread with those photos, but then I’d have to go looking for it. And I’m not really that interested to go looking for it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Well. You have to cross over into a different realm to claim it. But you get to ride unicorns and wear a nifty hat.

There was a picture of CM in this magical place. I think in one of them CM was feeding an ice cream cone to a unicorn near a waterfall. I’m still confused how he got the ice cream cone all the way out there in the wilderness without it melting. What flavor was it, I’d like to know. And why was he trying to feed it to the unicorn? Do they like ice cream? Was CM trying to coax the unicorn from danger? Was he rewarding the unicorn for something. Maybe a milestone reached.

I just don’t know the answer to these things. But. I kinda suspect that when you get there? The prize for winning will be ice cream. Hopefully it’s not some weird flavor.

I’d link to the thread with those photos, but then I’d have to go looking for it. And I’m not really that interested to go looking for it.
    I thought the prize was a cheeseburger. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom