• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Damn it, I would have liked to have attended this. Can't the guy hold it somewhere OTHER than a criminal protection zone?

Is the Gun Free Zone the only reason you have decided you can't attend? Really?? We're talking about state legistlatures meeting to decide how to write a bill to indtroduce to become a law. Why would they do it anywhere else?

hrdwarhax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2011
    Marion Co. Castleton
    wow. seems like a fun day planned for you all. unfortunately i cant go but i wish you all the verry best of luck. i hope you change some minds and show them who the good guys are

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We should plan on that. that way we can all get lost together.

No need to get lost, if this wikipedia map is correct, we're headed to the third floor. As a university employee, it would be nice for this to actually happen. I've never understood how safety is gained by preventing law abiding people from having legally obtained and licensed firearms.

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    Last thing I would want is John Q. LTCH to have a handgun, and his roommate JD No Good, to access it while he is gone, stick up a 7-11 and dump the gun and suddenly it becomes a crap storm and a half, and John Q, is now in a crap ton of trouble because he bought it from a gun shop and is at the end of the papertrail.. So, do we require some sort of secured (locked) container/slide lock/ect. when not on your person and on campus? Or do we leave that up to the judgement of each person, because if thats the case, it will only be a matter of time before that wormy apple presents itself..

I've always considered it my responsibility to make sure any and all my firearms are secured at all times (even if it's just securely on my side) . I've had room-mates before. Even if I trust a room-mate completely, I don't necessarily know everyone they invite into our shared dwelling. My girlfriend could invite a friend over who brings her kids.

Of course, it would be a pain to lug a full sized gun safe up to your dorm. Might garner a few strange looks, as well. :laugh:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Barring any emergencies, I will be there tomorrow. I'll plan on arriving at the State House at 1:30PM, and will hang out at the 3rd Floor center balcony area until we can access the Senate Chambers (there is a meeting in that space from 1PM - 2PM). I'll wear my INGO hat, but will likely have it off (being polite, and all).

Looking forward to the discussion!

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Barring any emergencies, I will be there tomorrow. I'll plan on arriving at the State House at 1:30PM, and will hang out at the 3rd Floor center balcony area until we can access the Senate Chambers (there is a meeting in that space from 1PM - 2PM). I'll wear my INGO hat, but will likely have it off (being polite, and all).

Looking forward to the discussion!

I don't know the layout of the building, but I think most of us plan on meeting right outside the front door (or right inside if the weather keeps it up) about 15-20 mins before 2. I will be in a gray suit with a turquoise shirt and tie (trying to show a good image of SCCC at IU :) )

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I don't know the layout of the building, but I think most of us plan on meeting right outside the front door (or right inside if the weather keeps it up) about 15-20 mins before 2. I will be in a gray suit with a turquoise shirt and tie (trying to show a good image of SCCC at IU :) )
    Even better. Saves me from searching for the stairs/elevator alone.

Shirt and tie? :pimp:

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    picture.php

Meeting went well. Thanks to all who made it!

Top Bottom