Can you share photos of the wear on your polymer frame after heavy use?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Yeah I saw that third picture and my first thoughts were WTF!

Money savings of the CM9 vs the PM9?

Shouldn't be the case, at least I hope not. The only difference in these two are the slide, barrel, and slide stop from what I know. I'd imagine they use the same frame.

Out of curiosity, what part of the 3rd photo made you think, 'WTF'? Is it where the frame's slide rails begin?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    attachment.php

Ok, so blame it on bad eyesight that I missed one word in my album.

Here is the photo of the inside of my PM9. As I have said, I have fired several thousand rounds through this to maintain my proficiency. It shows no abnormal wear patterns.

Last edited:

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    attachment.php

I am having a minor issue trying to figure out how to get the photo into the correct area, but I did what I don't like doing, unloaded my carry PM9 to get this photo showing a perfect casting after several thousand rounds.

Will try to get the photo loaded properly. The old system was so much simpler!

You can use a website like imgur: the simple image sharer to upload it. Just use the buttons on the right side of the page. After it is uploaded it will have URLs on the right side that you can use to share it with us.

Thanks!

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I think you might have a problem...I can't get to mine right now, but had some concerns after I bought mine. I had some wear issues for about the first 150 rounds. After that, no more wear. They do have a break in period, but your pistol might be extreme. Kahr does have great services. Call them when they open back up.
    [h=3]Question for Kahr owners.[/h]

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    You can use a website like imgur: the simple image sharer to upload it. Just use the buttons on the right side of the page. After it is uploaded it will have URLs on the right side that you can use to share it with us.

Thanks!

Thanks for that link, but I have an album set up on this website, and before the software change had no problem uploading a couple of dozen pictures. I prefer not to load firearm pictures to non-firearm websites. Call me pair of noid.

The funny thing is I wrote the original book about using a forum's embedded photo host like we have here, but the big update changed the format, and either it is broken, or I am obviously missing something.

Unfortunately the FAQs on this site haven't been updated since the site host change.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Thanks for that link, but I have an album set up on this website, and before the software change had no problem uploading a couple of dozen pictures. I prefer not to load firearm pictures to non-firearm websites. Call me pair of noid.

The funny thing is I wrote the original book about using a forum's embedded photo host like we have here, but the big update changed the format, and either it is broken, or I am obviously missing something.

Unfortunately the FAQs on this site haven't been updated since the site host change.

Ah. I'm sure they'll fix all of that right after they get the INGO store back open.... :P

I tease, I tease.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    I think you might have a problem...I can't get to mine right now, but had some concerns after I bought mine. I had some wear issues for about the first 150 rounds. After that, no more wear. They do have a break in period, but your pistol might be extreme. Kahr does have great services. Call them when they open back up.
    Question for Kahr owners.

I have already emailed them over the weekend. Monday was a Holiday. Tuesday they had a gas leak and are closed until Thursday. Thursday I don't anticipate a response because I am sure they'll be backlogged... I'll call Friday or Monday.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Dear Lord, please get me better glasses the next time I go to the eye doctor!

Photo fixed. I can't believe I missed one little word that really wasn't that obvious. Oh well, I bet I won't have problems next time.

Anyway Lebowski, you get the idea that Kahr knew you were coming, so between holiday and gas leak they could avoid you?

Seriously, I don't think you will have a problem getting your pistol replaced.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Harleyrider, yours does not look much better! I wonder if it is part of the cost saving that they look so different? Both have what looks like a hole on the right side of the frame, something that is definitely not in my PM9.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Harleyrider, yours does not look much better! I wonder if it is part of the cost saving that they look so different? Both have what looks like a hole on the right side of the frame, something that is definitely not in my PM9.

:):......must have some super vision.......if ya can see all'a way ta So Indiana......much less mine........:):

Ain't post'd a pic o' mine in here.........:):

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Read my post about eye sight, not only did I miss something in the photo upload, didn't dawn on me you just reposted K-W's pictures.

Maybe if I had a drink I would have an excuse.

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    So you think mine has a problem or not?

There is some powder residue left that the camera exagerates. I looked it over very carefully in person and I don't see any wear.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm not a gunsmith, not a Kahr expert, and didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...but I seriously doubt the polymer is supposed to be a wear item. Its just something to hold the metal bits together. If something is rubbing the polymer to that extent, its probably not working as intended.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I'd be sending that thing back immediately. None of my polymer frames have ever looked even close to that bad. In fact, none of them have ever shown any internal/mechanical damage (only scrapes and stuff on the outside from me handling them).

Looks like you're getting damage at a corner. With polymer, it'll eventually progress to a crack/catastrophic failure. And with it looking that bad after only 110 rounds, I wouldn't trust it another shot.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    So you think mine has a problem or not?

There is some powder residue left that the camera exagerates. I looked it over very carefully in person and I don't see any wear.

This photo is the one that I question:

6ic4.jpg

If you compare it to mine, there is a piece of plastic on the right side of the frame (left side of the picture as you look at it) that mine has and your's doesn't. Right in front of the spring in my photo.
    attachment.php

And it might just be a mold difference between the early PM9 and your later CM9.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Indykid... I still don't see yours...

EDIT: try posting a link to your picture instead of the picture itself... My browser may have an issue displaying your picture.

Llamaguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkadelphia, AR
    I'll try to take some pictures of my PX-4. It was a police pistol so it's very warn on the outside. I don't think I've noticed anything on the inside though.

johnny112704

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Indianapolis
    My CW45 showed the same type of wear at 1st. But once I got through the 200round break in count. I cleaned it all off. And never had any more wear marks like that anymore.

Top Bottom