• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I had a chance to shoot WTB's Canik on Saturday and was impressed. The slide finish looks like Cerakote and is well done. The trigger is really good on it right out of the box.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I put another 150 trouble free rounds through it yesterday. I'll say it's as nice or nicer than any other polymer framed striker fire gun I've ever owned. To me, it's better than a Glock or S&W M&P, pretty similar to the PPQ with a different grip. Trigger isn't quite as nice as the PPQ or VP9, but it's close and for the price, hard to beat.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I put another 150 trouble free rounds through it yesterday. I'll say it's as nice or nicer than any other polymer framed striker fire gun I've ever owned. To me, it's better than a Glock or S&W M&P, pretty similar to the PPQ with a different grip. Trigger isn't quite as nice as the PPQ or VP9, but it's close and for the price, hard to beat.

I agree that it is better than a Glock, no experience with a M&P. You either like the Glock grip or you don't and I'm one that doesn't. Trigger is far better than Glock's. I like the trigger better than a PPQ and the sights are hands down better than a PPQ. No experience with a VP9. I'm not going to qualify my praise with the "for the money". I just think it is better than the other polymer/striker guns that I have experience with.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The only "issue" I have with the sights is that I don't feel FO sights are good for carry. Since I was thinking about that, I decided to do some research on replacement sights and just found out something amazing, it has compatibility with all M&P 9mm front sights! Evidently that's a carry over from the original TP9. That's pretty sweet if you think about it, as you can get a front sight for not that much money if you want to carry the gun. Another plus to my mind, especially for the price :yesway:

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    ...and if it is like the V2, glock rear sights (iirc). I have a hi-viz on the front and blacked out the rear dots (not the vertical "I") and like that.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I've been looking into these and I've been hearing very good things! I've got to save up some money and then see how I like one.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I've been looking into these and I've been hearing very good things! I've got to save up some money and then see how I like one.

So far I'm loving the gun. Aside from the Serpa-esque holster having the release button on the wrong side, the gun has been a real bargain. If I experience any issues, I'll post them here, though I'm not expecting any.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Good to hear. I've been looking into a CZ and was trying to find exactly which one I wanted when I stumbled across Canik and heard great things. This didn't make things easier for me ☺

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Thanks. The holster is kind of ridiculous though but I've read if you pull hard enough it will come past the stop.
    I guess that's why they added the strap. Heck of a gun for the money.

I fully agree. I've said many times that my Canik is a sleeper. I've handed it to people at the range to shoot without telling them what it is and every one of them has been impressed.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I have a TP9SA and just love it. That trigger is SO sweet, with a great short reset.. my XD9SC's trigger feels like mush next to it..

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have a TP9SA and just love it. That trigger is SO sweet, with a great short reset.. my XD9SC's trigger feels like mush next to it..

Only guns I have with shorter resets are guns that cost a lot more money. Sig Legion P226 SAO, Sig P229 with SRT kit installed and a CZ 75 Compact cajunized with the pro package and modified to SAO. Like I said, the Canik is one heck of a great value ;)

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I have been amazed at the quality and accuracy of the Canik TP9 line of pistols since they first hit the market. Being based on the PPQ P99/PPQ internals, it is no wonder that they have excellent triggers, but what is unexpected to me is the overall accuracy of every review I've seen.

Some of these pistols will give custom 1911s a run for their money. In the Mr Guns N Gear video review below, he shows a 1" group at 25 yards, and I don't think I've ever seen this guy produce a 1" group from a pistol before.

Mr Guns N Gear

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    florez30
    Top Bottom