• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    So the SF version in both SFX and SF Elite both have only single action, no double action, is that right?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Has anyone had any experience with the Canik P100 or C100s? MAC has a new video out that features them. They look pretty good and he says that he thinks they are compatible with mags, grips and CGW upgrades.
    [video=youtube;9bAORD4VKrA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bAORD4VKrA[/video]

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Nice price! I can honestly say that every single person who has tried this gun has come away very impressed. Especially considering the price point.

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    Nice price! I can honestly say that every single person who has tried this gun has come away very impressed. Especially considering the price point.

I pointed a friend in Caniks direction for his first, and I was amazed at the quality for the price. I'm going to be getting one of the SF Elite's here soon. Supposed to be a G19 with a PPQ trigger :hooked:

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy

I handled one of these at ZRTS recently and was very impressed. Especially at the price point.

Then...last night...I saw this link and then noticed that they are still having a Father's Day sale and offering $24 off orders of $350 or more....even on firearms! I ordered the Elite model and with the discount and including shipping I paid $368.98 (plus the $20 transfer fee). OTD for $388.98 was too good of a deal to pass up.

Looking forward to owning my first Canik.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I handled one of these at ZRTS recently and was very impressed. Especially at the price point.

Then...last night...I saw this link and then noticed that they are still having a Father's Day sale and offering $24 off orders of $350 or more....even on firearms! I ordered the Elite model and with the discount and including shipping I paid $368.98 (plus the $20 transfer fee). OTD for $388.98 was too good of a deal to pass up.

Looking forward to owning my first Canik.

:wow: what a deal! I think you'll love it, as it's truly a remarkable gun for the price!

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

Same with my SA. That trigger can't be had in another polymer pistol even close to the price range, without an aftermarket upgrade. I almost hate shooting my XD now because it feels so "mushy" compared to the Canik

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    The SFX I had on order finally arrived last week and although I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, I did take some time over the weekend to handle it and do quite a bit of dry firing. First impressions:

Trigger
    - Definitely the lightest breaking of the striker fired handguns I own(G20, XDM, M&P, and Shield) with the M&P being the closest. It has a longer, mushier take up than the others which feels almost like a two-stage trigger. The trigger break is also the least crisp, however, the trigger reset is by far the shortest. All in all, it will take some dry firing and practice to get used to but is not bad at all for a stock trigger. It should serve my purposes well.

Fit and Finish- The cerakote finish on the slide was nicely executed and it locks up tightly. The controls are well placed and easily operated with reasonable effort. All mags I had on hand easily drop free. The grips feels a bit slick but is serviceable. The rear sight plate easily removed with removal of the two allen screws and fits the slot well. The one major complaint I have with the fit is that red dot plate #1 for Burris and Vortex red dot sights hangs up on the mounting slot and will require some light filing in order to fit.

Accessories- The SFX comes with two magazines, four mounting plates for mounting red dot sights, a mini-tool kit with an allen wrench and screws, one interchangeable grip module, cleaning kit and holster. The holster is serviceable but definitely wanting of an upgrade when options become available. At first glance the plastic holster appears to be a SERPA type with release tab but the release tab is on the wrong side and it does not actually secure the pistol in the holster, instead using a thumb break for that purpose. On the positive it is cut so that it should easily clear any red dot installed and allow the pistol to be drawn easily.

Pros and Cons- By far the biggest con is the red dot mounting plate not fitting without minor filing, which to me is more of annoyance that should be easily dealt with. Another complaint, which I knew before purchasing, is that the red dot mounting plate does not allow for retention of the rear sight for co-witnessing. If I were planning to use the iron sights, I would probably look for aftermarket replacements as the front fiber optic sight is very small and the rear sight is a bit wider than I would prefer. Pros include the fit(w/ the one notable exception) and finish, the trigger, fast trigger reset, and the overall value.

Overall the SFX should fit my purpose very well and do so at $150-$200 less than it's closest competitor.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington

Pros and Cons- By far the biggest con is the red dot mounting plate not fitting without minor filing, which to me is more of annoyance that should be easily dealt with. .......
    Page 19 of the manual recommends putting a 2mm screw in from the bottom of the slide to put the plate up. Don't pry the plate.

Top Bottom