• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    147   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    At the recent gun show I was able to handle an elite and also the regular size as well. The elite felt okay, but the regular size had a great feel to it. I haven't got to shoot one yet, but Canik will probably be the next brand that I'll purchase down the road.

I think this is where I've landed with the Elite and the TP9SF. The Elite is nice, but the full sized is much nicer for me. That usually means something is going on the trading block soon.

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    At the recent gun show I was able to handle an elite and also the regular size as well. The elite felt okay, but the regular size had a great feel to it. I haven't got to shoot one yet, but Canik will probably be the next brand that I'll purchase down the road.

I actually agree with this as well, the Elite doesn't feel as good as my buddy's Tp9SF. I went with the Elite because I felt that it would be slightly easier to conceal than a full size, I kinda wanted to try something different, and for $350 shipped I didn't think I could go wrong. I like it a lot, but it does feel a little front heavy, and my gorilla paws prefer full size grip. I shoot it well enough that I have no hesitation to carry it, but it really isn't that much different in size than a full size like a G17 even though you lose two rounds.

However, the 18/20rd mags from Canik work with the Elite and I found a 3D print design for a spacer that slides on the magazine to fill the gap. I ordered two of them and some 20rd mags, they should be here Saturday. There are also threads around that talk about a CZ PO9 +2 baseplate that works with the 20rd magazines that is under the required 140mm for USPSA...which gives you an incredible 22+1 :ar15:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Thought I'd give an update since my Elite is now hitting the ~1500 round mark. I have still not had a single issue with this gun and I'm becoming more used to it and becoming even more accurate with it. Here's a pic I took of my target from 8-9 yards yesterday at the range:

Rhe0g2G.jpg

I like the gun so much I picked up a used one last weekend. That one actually experienced a couple stovepipes in the 200 rounds I put through it. Always the last round in the mag. Took it home and cleaned it good, scraping a ton of carbon out from around the extractor area. Hoping that will alleviate my issues. Taking it to the range this morning to test out.

Yes, I know there's a "recall" for people that repeatedly throw their TP9 series pistol on hard ground. Since I don't plan to do that, I'm not worrying with it. If you have a Canik and are worried, hit the Canik USA facebook page for info, or search the forum here as info has been posted. To me it seems like this is a CYA move to prevent fallout and nothing more. Doesn't seem like a real issue, at least IMHO.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I stopped in "big R" there in the show case was a "SF". it was on sale for just over $250.
    best last minute decision I made.
    At a IDPA shoot. The RO said it was the best preforming he seen for the price.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I stopped in "big R" there in the show case was a "SF". it was on sale for just over $250.
    best last minute decision I made.
    At a IDPA shoot. The RO said it was the best preforming he seen for the price.

I've been tempted to pick one up. Price point is fantastic. My second Elite ran perfectly this morning. Sights seem a bit off, but I had no malfunctions in 160 rounds.

Top Bottom