• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Page 19 of the manual recommends putting a 2mm screw in from the bottom of the slide to put the plate up. Don't pry the plate.

The rear sight plate fell off easily upon removal of the screws, the problem is that plate #1 is slightly oversized, catches on the edge of the slot and will not fit without some filing of the plate.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    FYI, Canik Fanatik website has reports of breaking the tip off the firing pin with speculation that the striker spring is pretty stiff. Century's official response is that dry firing will cause no harm. Maybe they assume the use of snap caps when dry firing.
    I got a SFX last week. There was a scuff on the slide, presumably from the holster. I'll live with it, no choice, but it still irks me.
    I've got the recoil spring break in issue. Fires 124 grain just fine but chokes on 115 grain. I sent Century an email asking for the replacement recoil spring assembly. We'll see how they respond. I read that someone got the replacement RSA in 3 weeks. I'm holding off on getting the red dot until I resolve the recoil spring issue.

Last edited:

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    The good news is that Century responded to my email within one day, possibly an automated response.
    Bad news, they make it difficult wanting copies of your purchase receipt, drivers license and you have to complete a waiver of liability. I sent them everything, now I'll see how long it takes to get a recoil spring.

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    147   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    I shot my Elite on Monday at the local indoor range. A few thoughts:

-The fiber optic front sight works quite well in daylight, but vanishes indoors (unless there's a light directly above it).

-The trigger is just as nice as the one on the TP9SF and TP9SFx. Shooting it and a Glock side by side is night and day.

-Comparing it to a Glock 17, it feels a little heavy. It's almost top/front heavy, as if there's imaginary weight on the front sight area. I had not noticed it before but I hadn't taken another gun to compare in the past. I also was not loading 15 rounds in the magazine so there's a chance that might balance the weight out.

-Fit, finish, form, function are all excellent. These are the best value pistols on the market right now, even with all the rebates other major brands are throwing out there. If I had a friend who wanted to buy a full/compact 9mm, these would make my top 5.

-A personal preference; the grips aren't aggressive enough for my liking. They aren't bad, but a little too smooth/slick for me. Talon Grips may be in the future.

I can honestly say, I enjoy the Elite, but prefer the standard TP9SF more. I'm not entirely sure why. Personal preference is hard to convey via internet but I'm interested to see if anyone has had the same experience.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Love the Elite, one awesome shooter!

Agreed. I normally hate polymer framed, striker fired pistols, but this one is very well done. One of the nicest triggers of any out of the box guns I've ever tried. It has a lot of takeup, but otherwise it's light, crisp and has one of the best resets of any gun I've ever fired. Almost as nice as my Sig Legion that cost 3X as much.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Anyone know a good kydex holster that fits the Elite? I'm thinking about a Bravo Concealment that someone mentioned in the Canik Fanatik forums, but they didn't specify what model they used. I may have to call them tomorrow and see if they can tell me which holster would be compatible.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    There are Bravo style holsters on ebay, and they are decent quality, believe it or not. Also check the Canik Fanatik forum, they have a couple holster makers as sponsors

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    I just ordered from MDJ holsters, they're supposed to be similar to Crossbreed but half the price. Should be delivered on Tuesday, so I will update then

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I just ordered from MDJ holsters, they're supposed to be similar to Crossbreed but half the price. Should be delivered on Tuesday, so I will update then

I have an MDJ for my XD. It's a great holster, quality seems on par with Crossbreed, but a better value.

I am still anti Crossbreed anyway, after their previous fiasco a few years ago with going around Forums threatening other holster makers with legal action for making similar holsters. They ran Kholster out of business with legal threats. I think now there is so many IWB hybrid makers, that they FINALLY gave up their witch hunt

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    A personal preference; the grips aren't aggressive enough for my liking. They aren't bad, but a little too smooth/slick for me. Talon Grips may be in the future...

I took my Elite out yesterday for the first time, and didn't even leave the range before ordering my Talon grips. Like you said, it isn't bad, but considering how inexpensive this was to start with, I don't hesitate to spend a little to make this gun that much better.

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    147   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    I took my Elite out yesterday for the first time, and didn't even leave the range before ordering my Talon grips. Like you said, it isn't bad, but considering how inexpensive this was to start with, I don't hesitate to spend a little to make this gun that much better.

Which texture did you go with? I'm going to buy a pair for the Elite and SF.

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    Which texture did you go with? I'm going to buy a pair for the Elite and SF.

I went with the rubber, especially considering I plan to carry IWB.. I ordered both the rubber and granular for my MP, decided the rubber was grippy enough, and sent the other back.

However, when I get an SFX, I will get the granular if needed.

Please do! I'm very interested.

The MDJ Holster is pretty nice, though I only wore it around the house for a few minutes without taking the time to adjust it to my preferences. I haven't had a Crossbreed so I can't compare the two, but I did have a CompTac MTAC which is a hybrid meant for 3:30-4 as well. The metal clips on the MDJ are very tight, which makes for a tough time quickly putting the holster on and taking it off. It also does not make sliding from 3:30-4 easy, but once it is in a position you like I have no doubt it would stay. Compared to the MTAC, the leather seems to be thinner, and the hardware is exposed on the inside so it may rub. I will supplement with pictures and an official review when I have worn it around more.

Last edited:

Rmodglin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    After reading all these reviews on the Canik I'm going to have to buy the elite instead of another glock and try it out. Can't go wrong for the money!

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    At the recent gun show I was able to handle an elite and also the regular size as well. The elite felt okay, but the regular size had a great feel to it. I haven't got to shoot one yet, but Canik will probably be the next brand that I'll purchase down the road.

Top Bottom