• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I wear a decent Tactical neck knife,but my edc is a old school Fight'n Rooster stockman.A knife is a tool.I did not have the heart to carry them for years,cause the were so beautiful.Then I bought one off bay which someone had carried,and I don't feel bad using it as a tool.Hard to beat that there Solingen steel.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    This is another viewpoint not yet mentioned, and one I live by. The Glock or Sig on your hip will most likely never be used except for target practice, but we always justify spending higher coin on it... Why not invest in a quality tool you’ll use all the time?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm happy carrying and using a Benchmade every day.

Actually carry it while the Kershaw's and cheap stuff sits in the prep-closet.

This is another viewpoint not yet mentioned, and one I live by. The Glock or Sig on your hip will most likely never be used except for target practice, but we always justify spending higher coin on it... Why not invest in a quality tool you’ll use all the time?

These seem like two extremes! I consider Glocks to be the cheap-end, and Sigs to be the high-end. Colt, H&K, Sig, FN... that's top-end firearms. Kimber, Keltec, Glock, S&W... more on the inexpensive side.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    EDC rotates, but is a Chris Reeve Sebenza most days. Does everything I need a knife to do.

EDC a ZT-305 in a custom sheath made by DaKruiser. It is a brute and does most anything I need to do.
    Also (kinda Rhino of me) I have a Protech tactical auto clipped in my pocket. Both fill specific rolls.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    EDC a ZT-305 in a custom sheath made by DaKruiser. It is a brute and does most anything I need to do.
    Also (kinda Rhino of me) I have a Protech tactical auto clipped in my pocket. Both fill specific rolls.

Your going to need at least 2 more if your going to be like Rhino, that boy has some nice blades!!:):

kennedy759

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    New Salisbury Ind
    pro tech left handed auto in my left pocket gets all the cutting work, my buck 500 in my right pocket for sentimental carry, been carry it for 42 years, lost it once at a clients house, they found it and called me, had it rebladed by buck once

John3354

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 29, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    My daily carry is usually a Boker automatic. $50 seems reasonable to spend on a EDC knife. Not so expensive that I would be downtrodden if it ended up missing.

Speaking of, I once drove myself to the ER with a broken arm. When checking in to Methodist (I think it was Methodist) with the ungodly pain of a broken arm that was starting to throb, I realized I had a Boker on me and also a pair of electrician's drop scissors. I asked the woman manning the metal detector if I needed to take it back to my vehicle. I thought she said she could hold it for me. When I left I found out that she had instead said she could dispose of them for me and I misheard due to the pain. That cost me $100 total to replace them. :wallbash:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I read an article awhile ago and it listed the Benchmade Griptilian as a knife every man should own. I have never checked one out. I keep thinking about that article but not when I am in a position to look at one.

10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    I used to daily carry benchmades and i lost one at work and never found it so now i carry kershaws from walmart or spyderco from walmart. I know the spyderco is chinese and only a couple of kershaws they carry are US made but losing or breaking 150 to 300.00 knives is terrible. I am contemplating a kershaw emerson auto for daily carry as its the cheapest decent quality auto i have seen at about 112.00. I usually have a gerber multi tool on my belt so my pocketknife rarely gets used anymore. But my 200.00 ZT or benchmade dont get carried often anymore which is a shame because they are great knives.

SchwansManDan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 29, 2015
    Fort Wayne, or close
    I'm a big fan,of Schrade knives. Bought my first one about 40 years ago. Sad that they went bankrupt and sold the brand to the Chinese.

The knife that goes into my pocket every day is a Schrade/Uncle Henry. I have owned it for 25+ years. And I have another one just like it tucked away, along with a bunch of other Schrade knives.

You can still get them on eBay for a reasonable price. Look for Schrade USA items.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm a big fan,of Schrade knives. Bought my first one about 40 years ago. Sad that they went bankrupt and sold the brand to the Chinese.

The knife that goes into my pocket every day is a Schrade/Uncle Henry. I have owned it for 25+ years. And I have another one just like it tucked away.

You can still get them on eBay for a reasonable price.

The model 8OT large stockman was one of the best pocket knife values ever made. I had several!

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    OP here. I decided you all are right. Went our and bought a Gerber Auto 06 and a Hogue Sig Sauer EX-A04. Very pleased with my purchases. Just need to baby them a bit more than my cheapo Boker and Schrade autos

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    OP here. I decided you all are right. Went our and bought a Gerber Auto 06 and a Hogue Sig Sauer EX-A04. Very pleased with my purchases. Just need to baby them a bit more than my cheapo Boker and Schrade autos

:rockwoot::yesway:enjoy them.

Top Bottom