• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9MillSBR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    As a knife snob I carry a rotation of about 6 knives (need 1 more for that daily rotation lol) they are a mix of benchmades, Microtechs and Spyderco. I dont really "EDC" as in use them that much, but I'm not afraid to use them if needed.

For me I just appreciate the quality of the knives and appreciate them so I enjoy carrying them. But I do take good care of them, as I have a Pelican case for them and clean them after use like a gun. Nothing wrong with cheaper blades, they all cut and hold up to daily usage.

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    I too had the same mind set as the OP just a couple of years ago. Now my EDC is usually a ZT0804 or lately a Berg Blades Iron Wolf. I’ve carried higher end production blades like some Reate’s, Curtis, and have a Zieba on the way but not necessarily as an EDC. For me the $200-$300 range offers a lot of great steels coupled with nice scale like Ti and Carbon Fiber with great fit and finish. These are knives that will hold an edge well and you can rely on. Now you can get some good option for less but the fit and finish starts to dwindle and then steel quality the cheaper and cheaper you get from there. I have an issue having things that I don’t use and if I’m going to spend money on it I want to use it. Knives are tools after all.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    A couple of years ago I bought a Benchmade 940-1 with the carbon fiber handle ~$275. I loved it, very light to carry. and you hardly knew it was there. Unfortunately, in the Summer of 17, after a trip to run errands with the kids, I got home and all I had in my pocket was a hole! ARGH! Between the distraction of my kids and the fact that the knife was so light, I didn't notice when it slipped out. I learned either carry a cheap knife or clip it on your pocket....or perhaps throw away worn out cargo shorts? Now I just carry one of those cheaper ~$60 kershaw assisted opening folders. I don't really like it all that well, but I don't worry about losing it.

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    MW1ZW5D.jpg

Kershaw Launch 7' Galyean, right around $100 each and really nice EDC blades if an Auto is what is wanted. If black or OD isn't what you want, they have other colors out now too.

Last edited:

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    Haven't really followed this thread much. Has anyone suggested the Kershaw Blur in S30V yet? For under $100 it's a hard to beat EDC folder

That's the exact Kershaw I carry - the S30V blur. I had to look, but I bought it on Amazon for $80 in 2013, so it was more expensive than I thought. It does everything you NEED, but I just don't really like it all that much. It is heavier than my 940-1 was, I don't love the blade shape, the handle shape, I don't particularly care for the feel of the handle texture or the overall balance either. The assisted opening is cool and it stays pretty sharp. otherwise... pretty unexciting

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    That's the exact Kershaw I carry - the S30V blur. I had to look, but I bought it on Amazon for $80 in 2013, so it was more expensive than I thought. It does everything you NEED, but I just don't really like it all that much. It is heavier than my 940-1 was, I don't love the blade shape, the handle shape, I don't particularly care for the feel of the handle texture or the overall balance either. The assisted opening is cool and it stays pretty sharp. otherwise... pretty unexciting

The Blur is the poor man's ZT 0350.

My personal EDC is an Emerson A-100

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    What is the difference in those 2? I have carried the PM2 for years, but never looked at a Manix 2.

I think that in the big picture, they're very similar. About the same size and similar materials.

PM2 has a long, clip-ish blade and a compression lock, whereas the Manix 2 has a leaf shaped blade and a ball bearing lock (similar to Benchmade's lock).

Brad made me buy a fancy one for church going last time I saw him. Some sort of Benchmade special series. I use it as a money clip in my dress pants.

He's made me buy knives completely against my will several times.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Thanks Rhino. Doesn’t sound like I need to change then for my official EDC.

i think he must use some kind of mind control.

I am in that stage where I feel like I need a new knife but just don’t know which one...

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks Rhino. Doesn’t sound like I need to change then for my official EDC.

i think he must use some kind of mind control.

I am in that stage where I feel like I need a new knife but just don’t know which one...

Brad's mind control powers to influence innocent, helpless victims like us are legendary!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Brad's mind control powers to influence innocent, helpless victims like us are legendary!
    He was trying to force me to go to Crown Point this morning on FB with his talk of subzero temperatures, but I was able to fend off his attempts/

Top Bottom