• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chewylax8

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    How many of you carry when you're at home? If you do, why, and does your wife think you're crazy? And how do you carry if you're wearing sweatpants or gym shorts?

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Always!
    You never know when something can happen, why be unprepared?
    No, wife appreciates it.
    No sweatpants around here, but if I did, I'd probably get an ankle holster.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I carry at home because it's the safest place for my weapon to be and it is always handy. My wife doesn't think I'm crazy and my husband carries at home too. :D
    Always in jeans so I can't answer the last question.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Always and you don't need belt loops to wear a belt. Or you can just carry your holstered weapon in it's holster from room to room.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    How many of you carry when you're at home? If you do, why, and does your wife think you're crazy? And how do you carry if you're wearing sweatpants or gym shorts?

I hate wearing jeans while laying on the couch so I put my gun in a bag and make sure it's close by, when the kids are up I just suffer in jeans

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I carry most of the time at home. When I take my PJs off and put my jeans on the gun goes on too. My wife is so used to it that she never gives it a thought so she says. Like the man said, you never know when something will happen.

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    I don't wear shorts or pants that does not have pockets, since I got my LCP its always in the pocket.

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Just got an LCP, If I don't walk too fast my cheeks hold it fine. No seriously, most bad stuff goes down within 10 miles of home, maybe you should move.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Single Dude... living in an apartment with 3 total rooms (including the bathroom). Don't really need to carry because there is at least a pistol within 5 feet of me at all times. :dunno:

jdgatliff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    I've always carried at home. We've had a few trespassers and items stolen around here, a spare tire just last week was stolen. The old lady is just used to it now.:D I don't own any sweat pants only jeans and jean shorts.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I always have my Buck knife when I'm in the house and since I don't need a license for a piece of mind, I carry it everywhere.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Inside the house or working in the yard/garage:

Handgun (+3 extra mags) in a Gunvault upstairs.
    Handgun (+3 extra mags) in a Gunvault downstairs.
    LCP in a pocket holster on my person when I wake up and until I go to bed.

Wife still doesn't quite understand why, but hopefully THAT situation which will make her see the light never happens. Until then though, I'll deal with the blowback from her and make sure I'm ready to keep our family safe.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I very rarely carry it on me at home. The same as I don't carry a fire extinguisher on me the entire time I'm home. I refuse to live in fear that "something" bad is going to happen all the time, especially in my "sanctuary". Could it? Sure. But bad things can happen anytime that we won't be completely prepared for.

That said I carry ALMOST all the time when I'm out and about & a weapon is available & ready ALMOST all the time when I'm home (unless I've needed to put it back in the safe for some reason).

Security122

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Southside of Indy
    I very rarely carry it on me at home. The same as I don't carry a fire extinguisher on me the entire time I'm home. I refuse to live in fear that "something" bad is going to happen all the time, especially in my "sanctuary". Could it? Sure. But bad things can happen anytime that we won't be completely prepared for.

That said I carry ALMOST all the time when I'm out and about & a weapon is available & ready ALMOST all the time when I'm home (unless I've needed to put it back in the safe for some reason).

I don't carry a fire extinguisher on me, but I do have one in my car, garage, kitchen, and upstairs. I would carry one if it fit nicely in my front pocket, like the pistol I do carry. I hope I never have to use a gun for anything but fun, and I avoid putting myself in situations where it would be likely. But I would sure feel bad if the one time I needed a gun it was not within my reach. I believe in the saying, "It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it."

Top Bottom