• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    No sweat pants here...either jeans or jean shorts, I have a belt and a holster on. I am at home at the computer right now and carring my pistol in a holster.
    When I go to bed it goes in the nightstand till I get dressed and put it back in the holster. My wife doesn't say anything about it.

ProLibertate

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I have found the Tactical Snuggie to be the most comfortable way to "stay in the fight" around the house.
    Now I can surf INGO and remain a "hard target" at the same time! :D

snuggie002.jpg

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    People that dont carry at home must remember that the key ingredients to a home invasion are speed & surprise. You only need to read a couple stories to see the common sense for carrying at home.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Carry at home even if in my drawers. I just use the same gun belt. Wife only thinks I am crazy when I put on the extra mag carrier.:D

GeneralCarver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    Yes, I carry at home. Not always, but my handgun is always accessible if I need it. I'd say I'm packing at home 40% of the time (where its on my person).

I'm not married. Currently living with my folks. They thought it was a tad odd at first when I started doing it more. But they changed their minds when we saw some news about various home invasions. They realized how fast things can happen and keeping a pistol on your side is not a bad idea. You don't need to waste any time getting to it.

I don't carry if I have shorts or sweats on. Its usually on my desk (we have no children in the house, so I don't need to keep it locked up most the time).

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I also carry at home. It goes on my belt when I dress, and comes off when I go to bed. I don't wear sweats, and my shorts always have belt loops, so no issues. IT has become part of my wardrobe, just like my knife and glasses.

My wife thinks I'm crazy, but it has nothing to do with being armed! She prefers that I carry.

Interesting stat: 100% of home invasions happen at home and when you least expect it.

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    I always carry at home unless I am in the shower or bed. Most of the time I carry a full size M&P .40.

I carry my PM9 in a clip-on belt holster when I have my gym shorts on as it is light enough to do so.

My neighbor noticed my pistol recently when the wind blew my shirt up. He asked "are you carrying a gun for a reason?" I replied "yes, because there are bad people in the world and I plan to be able to defend myself and my family if I ever need to." He knows I carry but I guess he did not know that I always do so when legal.

Buckaroo

PS. My wife does not think I am crazy but in fact appreciates that I do. Personally, I wish she would carry at home too!!!

sargknows

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    laporte county
    I strap my gun on as soon as I hit the door after work. Never comes off till I hit the shower and get ready for bed. Even then it is close enough to handy. My wife and four kids never think anything of me carrying all the time. Actually the few and far between times I do not carry they call me on it and ask "why".

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I always carry at home...its the one place that houses everything I love and everything that I've worked for...there is no more important place to carry.

My wife thinks its fine. I pretty much stopped wearing sweatpants and gym-shorts around the house and prefer to just wear my jeans until I go to bed. Occasionally I'll wear such things that have a good drawstring and I'll put my PM9 in a pocket or IWB.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I am hoping to pick up a handgun soon, and when I do, I plan on carrying it around with me at all times. Even though my wife and I live in a safe neighborhood, the last thing I want is to fall into complacency and have something happen. Every now and then, I carry my AR around at home, but it's a bit cumbersome and my wife rolls her eyes when I do :rolleyes:

You carry an AR around in your house for self-defense even though you live in a [relatively] safe neighborhood? Yeah, I think I'm with your wife on this one. :rolleyes::rolleyes: I bet there are a bunch of people in Iraq & Afghanistan who don't carry EBR's around for protection IN THEIR OWN HOUSES.

I always carry at home unless I am in the shower or bed. Most of the time I carry a full size M&P .40.

OMG! I can't believe you don't care enough about your family's safety to not carry in the shower or to bed.

As a matter of fact I can't imagine any of the people who carry "all the time at home" not carrying to bed. I mean, what if the BG happens to breach all of your high security measures & gets into your bedroom while you're asleep? Do you think you can get to your gun soon enough when the BG is standing over you, in the dark, sneering menacingly? (I know, I know. That could never happen with all the HSLD operators we have here that are able to stay in Condition Orange even while they sleep) Or if you wake up at a noise & accidentally knock it off the nightstand in your ardrenaline filled grogginess. Believe me I've done that with my glasses & they can be a b!t$% to find when you're in the dark & half-blind. Then again I guess I should wear my glasses to bed all the time...just in case. Better yet, maybe I should stay awake every night with all the lights on with my gun in my lap muttering to myself "I refuse to be a victim, I refuse to be a victim". :draw:

I imagine that you guys (& gals, no discrimination here) would never even think about removing your carry gun during sex, either. Maybe you could somehow incorporate it into a little fantasy action. :ladiesman: I hear that BG's will look for the SLIGHTEST opportunity to bust down your door while your defenses are lowered (I read that here somewhere in this very thread). Being in the throes of passion can be a little distracting - at least for the mere mortals among us. :bowdown: I think that whould be the time that you would be most vulnerable so maybe wearing full body armor would be in order. That way if they do get the drop on you (while you've got the drop on her/him, so to speak :naughty:), you can still be mostly safe. Crap! ..."Mostly?"... That'll never do. Well I guess it's back to sitting up all night, ALONE, & muttering again...:nailbite:

You just never can be too careful. Bad things can happen in an instant. I would never forgive myself if I was doing unecessarily selfish things like sleeping or having sex & something happened to my family because I wasn't 100% prepared, 100% of the time.

Insert purple wherever you feel is appropriate.

:joke:

I strap my gun on as soon as I hit the door after work.

So, you feel safer OUTSIDE your house than in it? :dunno:

Never comes off till I hit the shower and get ready for bed.

You know, if you look around there are threads here about ways to carry in the shower...if you're interested...

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I have found the Tactical Snuggie to be the most comfortable way to "stay in the fight" around the house.
    Now I can surf INGO and remain a "hard target" at the same time! :D

snuggie002.jpg
    I don't care what you put on it. Nothing changes the fact that you own a snuggie. Man card suspended.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I do not actually carry. I just keep my pistol by my side at all times. If someone breaks in or whatever. I'm not going to waste precious time getting in my safe. By then I could be hurt or worse.

amhenry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Bloomington
    I put on my glock when I get up and don't take it off until I go to bed. Spare mag on my belt at all times. My wife doesn't mind at all.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I carry almost 100% of the time when at home. The only time I do not is when I'm crawling around under the car, and then it's within a couple of feet of me. Even that will change though, since I just bought a Bersa 380CC to keep in the pocket of coveralls. I got tired of scratching up the nicer looking guns.

Maybe I'm paranoid, but I put the Sig P238 in the bathrobe pocket when I head to the shower. My wife thought I was nuts at first, but she's gotten used to it. I'm a firm believer in luck favoring the prepared. The way my luck usually works makes it a sure bet that I'll need the gun just as soon as I decide to not carry it. So, if I keep carrying, nothings going to happen.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    My wife thinks I'm crazy, but it has nothing to do with being armed!
    Exactly, mine does too.....she considers it part of her job!! As for carrying, I carry at home around the house, mowing, working on the truck,etc.She carries sometimes when she's out without me. I don't do sweat pants, and haven't done gym shorts since she quit doing thongs.:):

Top Bottom