• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Ok so I currently work at a factory, where one of my co-workers is an ex-con. He's a descent guy, and as far as I can tell he is trustworthy. The problem is that I sometimes give him a ride home. If I have a loaded gun in my vehicle and get pulled over, could I get in any legal trouble? Also, I would guess that with him not being the driver, the police wouldn't be able to ask for his idea unless he's acting suspicious, am I correct? Help me out on this one. :dunno:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    There is NO EX-CON that is ever trust-worthy. I rarely say "that's a fact" but that IS A FACT.

But to answer your question, you carrying in the same air that the scrote is breathing won't get you into trouble.

Most people are too ignorant to realize they are being "slicked' by a pro.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    There is NO EX-CON that is ever trust-worthy. I rarely say "that's a fact" but that IS A FACT.

But to answer your question, you carrying in the same air that the scrote is breathing won't get you into trouble.

No, once there debt is paid to society they are just like you and I

hang on, fletch will be along shortly to explain that.

I would think that If your in control of the firearm your good to go.:dunno:

Im jest a roofer though.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    as long as the firearm is secure on your person at all times in his presence Im 99% sure you're legal. And no I don't believe that just because he is an ex-convict he is a bad person and untrustworthy but I would be more cautious even though the stereotype is irritating to me.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I'd imagine you wouldn't since (assuming here since you didn't state it) you're licensed to carry a firearm. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this one, but it's your firearm in your vehicle and I'd imagine you would be claiming it as yours since it is. I see no wrong doing. He's not in possession of the firearm. I think the best bet would be to store it on your side of the vehicle to show that he has no way of possessing the firearm. That's my opinion and it could be wrong, so feel free to correct anything that you see that's incorrect.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Can I ask why he spent time in prison? Just curious.

I think it was for theft. He told me he used to be in a prison gang, and now wants nothing to do with them, which makes him pretty sure that he's trustworthy. Of course, he could be lying... Either way, he wouldn't even know I had the gun in the car, it'd be hidden under my seat while I'm at work anyways because I don't want it to be known that I have it there.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun

Bold statement, I tend to disagree. One of my best friends is an "ex-con" and I trust him with my life. I also know that he'd push you out of harms way at risk to himself given the opportunity.

You can't let (in some cases) 1 or 2 past discrepancies define someone's life or character.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Yeah I agree with Booya, one of my best buddies has a record and he's turned his life around and is one of the strongest believers I know. Great parent, great husband, great friend.

OZZY.40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Camby
    Bold statement, I tend to disagree. One of my best friends is an "ex-con" and I trust him with my life. I also know that he'd push you out of harms way at risk to himself given the opportunity.

You can't let (in some cases) 1 or 2 past discrepancies define someone's life or character.
    Agreed unless its a rapist or achild molester.:twocents:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    My opinion is not based on stereotypes or one or two examples, but on dozens. But it IS just my opinion.

Once someone learns how to be a thief and justifies in his own mind to be a thief, they will always revert to previous behavior if they think they have to. Most folks sent to the big house were convicted on the crime that they got caught for, not the others that they didn't get caught for.

I have ex-con customers and acquaintances and none of them can surprise me or let me down because I know they are used to lying to get along in prison and to stay out of prison.

Again, JMO, do what yoiu want and associate with whomever you want. Just watch your back.

Ask any LEO to verify... I have done the LEO thing..

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO

And there are no human angels. That is a fact. A person with a perfect record can hide easier than a criminal. There are people who change their life that really want to if given a chance. Then there are those who have many chances and never change.

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    If you are pulled over just tell them you are packing incase the convict you are giving a ride gets squirrley and you have to shoot him.;)

This is merely a joke.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I think it was for theft. He told me he used to be in a prison gang, and now wants nothing to do with them, which makes him pretty sure that he's trustworthy.
    I try to make the effort not to judge a man until I've walked a mile in his shoes.

Did he steal because his children were hungry...or just because he was too lazy to work for what he wanted? Unfortunately too many people that find themselves in prisons and jails fall under the second category.

I try to give every man the benefit of a doubt...but still realize you just may not have found the body in the trunk yet. Be cautious. :twocents:

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    I also have a good friend who is an "ex-con"... I too would trust my life to him. He was young, stupid, and owned up to it.

From what my friend has told me, it is the guy you give a ride home to who has the potential to get in trouble, not you. Depending on his crime and conditions of his release, he may not be allowed around firearms. My friend cannot own and once a while back, when he learned I was getting some, he said he's not allowed around them unless they are locked up.

So what can you take from the rambling... find out what he did and call a lawyer.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I try to make the effort not to judge a man until I've walked a mile in his shoes.
    Never judge a man till you have walked a mile in his shoes, cause by then, he's a mile away, you've got his shoes, and you can say whatever the hell you want to.

Couldnt resist :D

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond

Did he steal because his children were hungry...or just because he was too lazy to work for what he wanted? Unfortunately too many people that find themselves in prisons and jails fall under the second category.

I try to give every man the benefit of a doubt...but still realize you just may not have found the body in the trunk yet. Be cautious. :twocents:

I'm all about being cautious haha. As for his conviction, he was stealing for the heck of it, but when he talks to me about this stuff he does it with an air of disgust. Like he can't believe he did that stuff. Plus, he could make a lot more money doing what he used to (dealing drugs and stealing) than he could at a factory that's not even paying him nine dollars an hour. I think he's also afraid of going to jail again, which is another point in his favor.

From what my friend has told me, it is the guy you give a ride home to who has the potential to get in trouble, not you. Depending on his crime and conditions of his release, he may not be allowed around firearms. My friend cannot own and once a while back, when he learned I was getting some, he said he's not allowed around them unless they are locked up.

So what can you take from the rambling... find out what he did and call a lawyer.
    This is good advice. I wouldn't want him to get in trouble. I'll make some calls and find out for sure, if nothing else, it'll be locked in the trunk. Not great for a self defense situation, but still better than nothing. :dunno:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

My opinion is not based on stereotypes or one or two examples, but on dozens. But it IS just my opinion.

Once someone learns how to be a thief and justifies in his own mind to be a thief, they will always revert to previous behavior if they think they have to. Most folks sent to the big house were convicted on the crime that they got caught for, not the others that they didn't get caught for.

I have ex-con customers and acquaintances and none of them can surprise me or let me down because I know they are used to lying to get along in prison and to stay out of prison.

Again, JMO, do what yoiu want and associate with whomever you want. Just watch your back.

Ask any LEO to verify... I have done the LEO thing..

Would you care to explain yourself here.

Would you also car to consider that not every arrestable offense is a crime of bad character?

Top Bottom