• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Has your significant other every caught you playing with your gun. It's embarrassing. You know, holding it, viewing it from different angles, unloading it, pointing it around the room. I've been caught! I just say something like, I need to be intimately familiar with how this thing works .... you never know when I'll have to use it ... and I have to be ready at all times. I think she'd understand more if she had a gun. But honestly, I'm glad I'm the only one with a gun in our relationship.

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    Its not playing....Its practicing....

I know its not "safe" but i tease the dog with the laser on my bodyguard 38 regularly. (cylinder open, and empty)

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Simple drills can increase muscle memory. I don't have to state this but I will "every gun is considered loaded". GOOD LUCK.

GlockFox

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Naptown
    I was in gym shorts and a tshirt with my duty belt on practicing my draw in the living, and doing some dry fire drills. My wife walked into the front door, took one look at me and died laughing. She said I looked like I was 5 and I was playing cowboys and indians. Needless to say I put pants on when I practice my draw.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Has your significant other every caught you playing with your gun. It's embarrassing. You know, holding it, viewing it from different angles, unloading it, pointing it around the room. I've been caught! I just say something like, I need to be intimately familiar with how this thing works .... you never know when I'll have to use it ... and I have to be ready at all times. I think she'd understand more if she had a gun. But honestly, I'm glad I'm the only one with a gun in our relationship.

This wouldn't be a problem if you practiced with your significant other more often.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I was in gym shorts and a tshirt with my duty belt on practicing my draw in the living, and doing some dry fire drills. My wife walked into the front door, took one look at me and died laughing. She said I looked like I was 5 and I was playing cowboys and indians. Needless to say I put pants on when I practice my draw.
    Just smile, strike a manly pose and don't say a thing!

ghostpoint

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Not so much as she has caught me but she pointed this out to me last time and had a giggle at it, I didn't even really notice it at first. We will be watching "The Walking Dead" and early on after the first commercial or so I will get up and grab either my Glock 23 or my RIA 1911. I will then proceed to field strip and clean while watching the show and per my wife will have the biggest **** eating grin the whole time. She gets a kick out of it and just giggles about it.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Yes,I have been caught... it was a very odd occurrence and I posted a thread about it here when it happened.

To make a long story short, similar to a person that sleep walks, my wife discovered me one night when I picked up my bedside gun and began to clear it. She commended me on the fact that I kept it pointed in a safe direction the whole time I was clearing it in my subconscious until she was able to wake me. :D

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Yes,I have been caught... it was a very odd occurrence and I posted a thread about it here when it happened.

To make a long story short, similar to a person that sleep walks, my wife discovered me one night when I picked up my bedside gun and began to clear it. She commended me on the fact that I kept it pointed in a safe direction the whole time I was clearing it in my subconscious until she was able to wake me. :D

You sleepwalk with a gun?!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    You sleepwalk with a gun?!

No, but similar to that. In my sleep I picked up my night-stand gun, dropped the mag and I was beginning to rack the round out of the chamber when my wife woke me up asking me what in the world I was doing... I was still fully in bed...

No incidents similar to that have happened since and we've attributed it to an isolated incident. None-the-less, proper protocols have been adopted to make it more difficult for me to do the same thing or worse in my sleep again.

For those that want to read through things in more detail: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...weird_occurence_last_night_advice_needed.html

Top Bottom