• ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

Isn’t it legal now?

Now it is, was referencing the past I guess. Stupid it ever was. If those videos of kids stopping seizures and Parkinson’s stopping are true it would have blown up all over the place, but it hasn’t. Which again makes me thinks there’s a bunch of junk being pushed which will blur the actual benefits and muddy the water

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Thanks Doc!

Yes separating the wheat from the chaff is difficult with the absence of professional advice/experience on this.

Is value based on the placebo effect, all things marijuana is cool, one step closer to legal pot, etc?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Which again makes me thinks there’s a bunch of junk being pushed which will blur the actual benefits and muddy the water

Normally I wouldn't consider experimenting with an unknown like this but I'm all out of options. Can't ask for pain meds or you're a junkie now so I'm pretty much hosed.

rhinoabe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Jennings Co.
    Well i just ordered some last night. I am in chronic pain (long story) 5 surgeries many injections. I have been going to a pain dr. for 15 years an was doing well until this month. the government passed new regs. on the way meds can be proscribed so i have lost some of them. Work is really rough. I will let everyone know it works with me.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I have Essential Tremors and tried a couple different brands. Nothing, Nada, Zero absolutely no change either beneficial or negative. Tried both brands for a week and nothing. I was so hopeful and very disappointed.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I worked with a guy that had this weird shake in his hand. when his hands are at his side his right one kind of twists back and forth real fast. Ive known him for 3 years now and its always been that way. i recently ran into him at the store and he has very little shaking and i noticed it completely stopped a few times during our conversation. I guess he started using cbd oil by putting it in his tea and drops under his tongue. I find it hard to believe its a miracle cure for everything that people say it helps but im really glad to see it helps him. he had to stop welding it was so bad and now its pretty much gone.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    see this is the frustrating thing. Is it dose-related, or are there genetic differences in us that make it work differently?

I have Essential Tremors and tried a couple different brands. Nothing, Nada, Zero absolutely no change either beneficial or negative. Tried both brands for a week and nothing. I was so hopeful and very disappointed.

I worked with a guy that had this weird shake in his hand. when his hands are at his side his right one kind of twists back and forth real fast. Ive known him for 3 years now and its always been that way. i recently ran into him at the store and he has very little shaking and i noticed it completely stopped a few times during our conversation. I guess he started using cbd oil by putting it in his tea and drops under his tongue. I find it hard to believe its a miracle cure for everything that people say it helps but im really glad to see it helps him. he had to stop welding it was so bad and now its pretty much gone.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    see this is the frustrating thing. Is it dose-related, or are there genetic differences in us that make it work differently?
    I guarantee I'm getting this wrong but one Dr. says the base dosage is 2.5 mg per 5 kg OR 5 mg per 2.5 kg to help achieve homeostasis .

Of course that's assuming no underlying " serious conditions " .

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

I have Essential Tremor also. I've never tried any remedies, but I did quit smoking and started an exercise program. My hands still shake, but I do feel generally better.

It sucks because I used to be a pretty good pistol shot, but not so much these days. Some days it's not very bad, but other times, I'm at the range and the more I try to hold my pistol still, the more I start to shake. It's not like a Michael J. Fox tremor, but I'd say it's around 10 MOA on a bad day.

Funny thing is, I can still shoot a carbine and rifle almost as well as I ever could.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Do any of you who have tried this have any additional comments to share?

I am researching CBD oil for my 83 year old neighbor who has chronic pain in spite of using a narcotic pain patch combined with Arthritis formula Tylenol. At last week's pain management appointment, we discussed a TENS unit and then the nurse practitioner asked if we had considered CBD oil. She caught me off guard with the suggestion, but I was keeping an open mind and decided to do some research. I visited our local health food store that has been here for many years and has helped a lot of people I know when traditional medicines did not. The nurse practitioner did say that the oral administration of the CBD oil can take a few weeks to build up in the system and provide good relief from pain. She shared that there are also topical creams or ointments that can be used on specific areas that are painful such as the knee or hip.

It sounds like there are various companies that produce the oil and not all are the same. Some oil is extracted in a chemical process and others extract it using co2 which leaves it more pure and a better product. By law, the oil can contain a maximum of .3% THC. The product carried at the health food store is labeled as 0.03%.

I went to a custom dosing pharmacy (that was the name of the business) today as I was told they had guidelines for using CBD oil in nursing home patients. It turned out that they had no such dosing schedule, but they did give me a packet of information that had a chart showing how many mg per dose based on weight and severity of symptoms. The chart is a guideline for what might be a good dose but can be adjusted based on how the patient responds to the treatment. The person I had spoke with earlier at the health food store gave me some brochures for the products they carry, and stated that once the product has reached an effective level, the dosage could be titrated up or down as needed to maintain a comfort level for the patient (we were discussing it as a pain management treatment).

I am still doing some research which led me to this thread here. I was going to post asking if anyone had experience with CBD oil and did a quick search before posting.

Pain management gave me a link to a site that sells the product online. In viewing their site, it appears they carry a product very similar to what the health food store sells. There is also a blog at the site that I have started reading that some of you might like to check out. The site is www.endoca.com

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Honestly she probably needs THC rather than CBD. Find someone with some edibles and give it a shot for a week. In a state where it’s legal of course...

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Honestly she probably needs THC rather than CBD. Find someone with some edibles and give it a shot for a week. In a state where it’s legal of course...

If we could find a place to get it, I doubt that I could get a written order for that so the nursing home would give it to her...in a state where it's legal...

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    A coworker's wife has terrible terrible headaches. Like crying for days go to the er headaches. She got started on c d oil and she swears it changed her life. My coworker also says she's like a different person. (In a good way)

I too suffer from frequent headaches and I'm so tired of constant Excedrin. But being a state employee I'm worried about failing a "random" drug test bc it's possible for cbd oil to give a positive test.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    A coworker's wife has terrible terrible headaches. Like crying for days go to the er headaches. She got started on c d oil and she swears it changed her life. My coworker also says she's like a different person. (In a good way)

I too suffer from frequent headaches and I'm so tired of constant Excedrin. But being a state employee I'm worried about failing a "random" drug test bc it's possible for cbd oil to give a positive test.

That’s the problem with urine drug tests. They are ridiculously stupid. They shouldn test for an actual THC specific metabolite instead of a generic one

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabi...oil-result-in-a-positive-drug-test-for-thc-or

Top Bottom