• ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Or just stop testing for thc in general.

I worked at one company where the boss said drug tests are a waste of money. A different company just plain didn't care.

Obviously if someone shows up to work impaired be I drugs or alcohol then do what you need to do to ensure a safe work environment, bit if people aren't showing up impaired leave them alone.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

I worked at one company where the boss said drug tests are a waste of money. A different company just plain didn't care.

Obviously if someone shows up to work impaired be I drugs or alcohol then do what you need to do to ensure a safe work environment, bit if people aren't showing up impaired leave them alone.

well, problem is how do you know someone’s reflexes are slower or maybe their instant decision making is off?

an issue we see is work-related injuries. No standard testing but when an injury occurs they get drug tested by occupational health. Either part of their liability insurance policy or company policy. Either way people can get tagged even if it wasn’t their fault. Like a semi driver hit by another car and testing positive when he came in for ankle injury.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I just saw something on the news recently that said that many companies are doing just that - dropping THC from the things they test for in their drug tests. They're continuing to test for opiates, cocaine, amphetamines, but not THC. I believe it's due in part to CBD oil, but also because it's gradually becoming less of a stigma with more states legalizing or decriminalizing marijuana.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    A quick look at the prices is not good.

It isn't cheap, but if it works...it would be worth it. I paid $162 for four of her patches yesterday AFTER insurance. They are about $500 a month for four patches before insurance. It gets changed every 7 days.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    It isn't cheap, but if it works...it would be worth it. I paid $162 for four of her patches yesterday AFTER insurance. They are about $500 a month for four patches before insurance. It gets changed every 7 days.

At the prices I saw I would just buy the pot . . and some snacks.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

I recently attempted to fill a script using my "insurance" and the cost was $213. I told my physician that I was not prepared to pay that much per month for the rest of my life and within 30 seconds she found a coupon online and I filled it for $16 at Meijer. If you haven't tried this method it's worth a shot. I have no idea how it is supposed to make sense but it worked.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I recently attempted to fill a script using my "insurance" and the cost was $213. I told my physician that I was not prepared to pay that much per month for the rest of my life and within 30 seconds she found a coupon online and I filled it for $16 at Meijer. If you haven't tried this method it's worth a shot. I have no idea how it is supposed to make sense but it worked.

Her insurance was paying all but $37 last month, but she apparently has already hit a level of her plan to where the burden is more on her now. I do need to check on coupons from the manufacturer before the next refill is due. Unfortunately, this is not something she can just stop using so we had no choice yesterday but to fill it. I have it on my list.

It is a drop in the bucket compared to what the monthly charges are for the nursing home. :(

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

Goodrx.com

a lot of manufacturer programs if private insurance (no tricare/Medicare/Medicaid) for $0 or $10 copay. My eliquis was $450/mo but I got it for $10 by signing up for the discount card on manufacturer site. Took three minutes.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    well, problem is how do you know someone’s reflexes are slower or maybe their instant decision making is off?

an issue we see is work-related injuries. No standard testing but when an injury occurs they get drug tested by occupational health. Either part of their liability insurance policy or company policy. Either way people can get tagged even if it wasn’t their fault. Like a semi driver hit by another car and testing positive when he came in for ankle injury.

If there is an accidentally or injury I'm not again drug/alcohol testing but the problem is. Is some one smoked a joint on monday then had an accident on Friday it's going to show they have the in their system. Now there is no way they are still high, bu time shows up and they would likely get fired. The sooner we get weed off the schedule 1 narc list the sooner we can come up with better testing methods.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    Any body have more feedback on this? We are tempted to try giving it to my son for ADHD and behavior issues. We have tried so many pills in the last couple of years and nothing has worked yet, at times have made things worse. We have a meeting with the doc next week but on the phone he admitted that we are running out of options. We are getting desperate as parents to get him lined out, ourselves and him cannot take much more of the everyday battle. I just cannot wrap my head around giving him the CBD when there are so many unknowns about it. There's a pharmacy in town that we've talked and they seemed to think it's great stuff. I'm tempted to buy some and try it out for a couple of weeks to see if I notice anything good or bad.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Any body have more feedback on this? We are tempted to try giving it to my son for ADHD and behavior issues. We have tried so many pills in the last couple of years and nothing has worked yet, at times have made things worse. We have a meeting with the doc next week but on the phone he admitted that we are running out of options. We are getting desperate as parents to get him lined out, ourselves and him cannot take much more of the everyday battle. I just cannot wrap my head around giving him the CBD when there are so many unknowns about it. There's a pharmacy in town that we've talked and they seemed to think it's great stuff. I'm tempted to buy some and try it out for a couple of weeks to see if I notice anything good or bad.
    It's not going to hurt him. CBD I mean. It has no negative effects so give it a shot.
    Hell even marijuana wont hurt you. Alcohol will kill you if you over ingest it whether instantly (in a sitting) or overtime by killing your organs. Marijuana wont. You dont have to smoke it. You can ingest it.
    If marijuana becomes legal in Indiana I WILL try it for my pain and hope I can ditch prescribed meds. I'll ingest it as I dont smoke. I've read and watched a lot of info on it. They even have different doses of the medicine (they actually call it medicine) that wont even make you feel high. I personaly HATE that feeling so I wouldnt want that and wouldnt take it ever if it made me feel that way.
    Until then I will not use it because I dont want to risk losing my kids or my guns. I'm confident it will be legal here shortly within a.couple years.
    For people who take random or regular drug tests, they do have thc free CBD on the market which will not show up in a drug test.
    Beech Grove Firearms sells it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...For people who take random or regular drug tests, they do have thc free CBD on the market which will not show up in a drug test.
    Beech Grove Firearms sells it.

jack_donaghy.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I would give it at least a one month trial as I have been told by more than one source that it can take a few weeks of steady use before you notice improvement.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    To be honest, I'd love to hear some actual stories from people who have benefitted from it. I never know if something is just snake oil that has been hyped up due to the controversy or if it's actually a miracle drug.

This is my problem with it. I dont want anecdotal evidence. I want Harvard and Johns Hopkins studies. Every time I see the list of everything it cures I flash to a movie huckster hawking it to townsfolk in an old western.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    The endocannabinoid system is pretty remarkable. The CB1 receptors are in your brain, and that's what THC affects, which is why you get the neurological impact. The CB2 receptors are throughout the body, which is why things like Copaiba, CBD, and even Tylenol do what they do (and also why some of them can be pitched as a "it'll help with X, Y, and Z").

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    This is my problem with it. I dont want anecdotal evidence. I want Harvard and Johns Hopkins studies. Every time I see the list of everything it cures I flash to a movie huckster hawking it to townsfolk in an old western.

Not CBD, but interesting info on a recent cannabis study: https://www.jhsph.edu/departments/i...gh-in-on-the-health-effects-of-marijuana.html

As for CBD, this one seems to have some potentially informative links: https://calgarycmmc.com/cannabidiolcbd.htm

At the end of the first, it is noted that "there were several challenges to conducting the review, including regulatory barriers such as classifying cannabis as a Schedule I substance. The report found that these barriers are impeding the advancement of research of the effects of cannabis use."

This logically extends to CBD studies as many products contain sufficient THC to fall into such classification.

Also, it isn't hard to imagine that drug companies might wish to use their influence to undermine such research due to the potential for huge loss. If your business model is based on spending millions or billions in R & D, compliance, approval, and subsequent manufacturing and distribution, I would imagine even the prospect of having to compete against a weed hardy enough to grow in just about any ditch in the U.S. might give you an uneasy feeling.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville

I'm with you, it seems that so much that is in print is nothing but folks opinions and not data from reputable sources.
    My Father passed this March from Parkinsons, I have a brother that lives in Colorado and he would ship different weed, oils and edibles to our Father to try and see if any of them would help with his tremors or make him want to eat to get some weight back on him. Out of the dozens of different oils, Joints and edibles the only thing that did anything noticeable was him eating edible candy. A lollypop or a chunk of a candy bar with a short nap and he would wake up and want to eat, not like a munchies and eat a huge pork sandwich, frys and a bowl of ice cream. but more that without any weed.
    Even though our father died weighing about 86 lbs, I believe without weed candy, Along with the fear of his youngest kid arresting him for partaking. I'm sure my father would have died a year or two sooner.
    I wonder if you smoked that last pack of Grape Blunts in the garage that I put in your Fathers Day card? All three of us laughed when sending money to our brother to buy products, with the fact that none of us gets high.

I believe it was a win for my father, A win win would have been better, It made him eat and that was good. It sucked to have a great mind and everything else hurt or wouldn't bend or turn.

We miss you Master Chief, You grandson Reno, shot his quals this wed and thurs at Palms, With his A&B he shot a 341 High Expert. Those years of dragging him to Fort Meade and Quantico shooting Across the Course paid off. Its been a good week for him, He was also told to get his new metal and patches for his bump to Lance Corporal next month. Hes getting ready for The Ball in a few weeks, His is in Vegas this year. I wish you could have seen his graduations from Basic and SOI East. Love you Dad.

Top Bottom