• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Neal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    No offense sir but your dad don't know his sh*t.. hollow points are completely legal... heck so is LEO labeled ammo( which are hollowpoints on steroids). Don't believe everything you hear. You did right though by verifying on here. Better safe than sorry!

Mr. Neal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Man thank you for answering my question straight up.. It's too bad 2/3 of the people on this site want to ridicule and embarras people so they are afraid to post, and ask questions... That's why I'm the only one in my group of friends that still uses it ( this site)

19,000 posts how many people you ran off freeman.. How many you helped

I too have found freeman's posts very informative.. I'm pretty sure he has even answered a few of my questions. It is true some folks on here will bust your balls for askin a newb or silly question but I dont think freeman is one of em. There are plenty of folks on here that will answer you question no matter how silly.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    Oh, and I think the reason everyone specifies LTCH vs CCL, besides one is right, is that a Concealed Carry License implies you can only carry CONCEALED.

Indiana doesn't care.
    Therefore it is a License To Carry Handgun. No mention of open or conceal. Just like the Indiana Code.

Actaeon this is not aimed at you directly, you just happend to be the first post that had a good line to quote. You explained it in a very polite way.

Technically CCL is a valid term just as OCL would be. Since Indiana does not care, your LTCH is both a CCL and an OCL if we are splitting hairs. Using LTCH is prefered by most here, but lets be honest, do we really not understand what the poster is trying to say.

It just seems that some feel a need (almost OCD like) to call out anyone who says CCL, calls a magazing a clip, or referes to a cartridge as a bullet. I know the terms are not correct, but you can usually infer from the context of the question what they mean.

If someone feels the need to correct people, just do it in a polite way. There are a lot of newbies here who do not know all the terms. Embarrasing and critisicing them serves no purpose other than to be a bully IMHO.

kalrez

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    NW Indianapolis, IN
    My riddles are intellectual calisthenics and fun to boot.

Anywho, snave, tell your dad as long as you are not in New Jersey or your ammo does not have a metal core and a outer plastic coating you are breaking no law.

"Well, dad, that's a valid concern if I go to New Jersey, but I just don't like Chris Christie.":laugh:
    What about the discontinued Winchester Black Talon ammunition? Is that considered "plastic coated"? I still see old boxes of it at gun shows now and then. What are some specific examples of banned plastic coated ammo in Indiana?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What about the discontinued Winchester Black Talon ammunition? Is that considered "plastic coated"? I still see old boxes of it at gun shows now and then. What are some specific examples of banned plastic coated ammo in Indiana?

1. No. Black Talon does not have a metal core.

2. Specific examples of banned plastic coated ammo with a metal core include the example that I used, the old KTW round.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

I believe the only thing Winchester did was pull the Black Talon's off the market by name only since the NAACP beat their drum on that name and recolor the projectile copper and wala you have the Winchester SXT. There could maybe be subtle differences but from appearance it appears to be the SAME bullet with the same petals, expansion and the such.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Isn't this in the INGO FAQ??

Snavely,

Since Tom brought it up, and I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet, there IS, in spite of rumors to the contrary, an INGO FAQ.

Perusing through that will help you get up to speed quickly on a lot of things.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Replace "mag/clip" with "CCL/LTCH" and it is spot on.

Not really. There is no consequence to using clip for magazine. Other than making the INGO hive mad.

OTOH, there are potential criminal consequences for confusing CCL for LTCH.

If somene says "my conceal and carry license" or my CCL, CCH or CCW, he MAY have an out of state license, especially if he has been in the Service and is moving back to Indiana or is in a college town, like let's say Munice, and may be a furiner, er, resident of another state. This matters, clip/mag/bullet-holder-thingy does not matter.

Snavelybob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    Ok... Thx. Every time I ask something or mention something it turns into a general discussion of so many things wich is really what i was looking for more than a quick answer. .. I'm definately learning how to use this site..

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Remember the basement bar scene in Inglorious Basterds?

Remember when the English spy holds up 3 fingers for the whiskeys he orders the non-German way and the SS Sturmbannfurher knows that he is non-German. When people make reference to non-Hoosier things in fact patterns, I grow concerned that they have been from out of state and thus the answer can change. Now, it could be because of the Internet (see Kirk's First Law) that they are confused or just using what they have read or heard, no big deal, we'll straight it out.

However, the out of state answer differs a great deal from the in state answer.

Top Bottom