• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier Gal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    NE
    Most women seem to try racking the slide by pulling the slide back. If they are right handed, they are often trying to do this with their left (weaker) hand. Have her hold the slide in her left hand and push the gun forward with her right/dominant hand. (reverse if left handed). This works so much better!!!
    a

I think this is the reason I have seen that so many women cannot rack a gun. I have weak hands and I haven't found anything I can't rack using the technique you described.
    Some men can't rack guns either because they are using the wrong technique.

skyeyes70

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2013
    Fishers
    Most women seem to try racking the slide by pulling the slide back. If they are right handed, they are often trying to do this with their left (weaker) hand. Have her hold the slide in her left hand and push the gun forward with her right/dominant hand. (reverse if left handed). This works so much better!!!

I agree! This is how I was taught to do it and how I teach my daughter as well! Plus, if you are racking the slide this way, you are holding the gun closer to your body pushing down with the right while pulling up with the left. At least that's how I've been doing it. But, I keep one in the chamber so that's one step I can skip if I'm in trouble and need to pull my gun out.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think this is the reason I have seen that so many women cannot rack a gun. I have weak hands and I haven't found anything I can't rack using the technique you described.
    Some men can't rack guns either because they are using the wrong technique.

My wife can Rack the slides but is just not very "efficient" at it that is why she picked the Taurus 7 shot snubby in .357.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just boot-carry like me!
    BootCarry_zpsf77b7adc.jpg

Hahaha!

Gives a whole new meaning to the term "Bootleg" ! LOL!

Hoosier Gal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    NE
    My wife can Rack the slides but is just not very "efficient" at it that is why she picked the Taurus 7 shot snubby in .357.

I like them all. ;) Not sure what an inefficient rack is. Is she riding the slide? Or she can't rack fast enough? I think it just takes practice using the right technique. Revolvers are not always "easy" to use either.

Top Bottom