• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MacEoghan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2013
    Franklin
    Oh heck, double post. Sorry. Edited. Just to add some content so this isn't wasted space, I'm considering looking for a new 22. Mainly for practice and fun shooting. Any recommendations?

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Mine is a Taurus PT22. I had some trouble with it feeding Remington ammo but CCI and Federal both work perfectly with no misfeeds. It has the tip up barrel so no need to rack the slide on it. The slide is so stiff even my husband can't pull it back but pop in the magazine and tip up the barrel and drop in a bullet and you are good to go.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    My wife typically carries a 38 Spl +P LCP, appendix carry, or in her purse. She also has a S&W BG 380 that she carries from time to time, either appendix carry, or in her holster that clips to her bra, under her arm ( I think its called the Marylin, or something like that, its not the flashbang, but same manufacturer). She does have a few others, mainly a Taurus PT 92 that gets the IWB @ 4 oclock position, a tracker 44 Mag that she just OCs, or a Ruger Service Six that she purse carries, or OCs.

Its not so much what other people carry, its what YOU are willing to carry, and practice with. I undersand that the .380 is a little more expensive than 9mm to purchase, but in the grand scheme of things, the difference is minimal, unless you are planing on shooting 1k or more a year( and if that is the case, you might want to think about reloading anyways) If you shoot both the 9mm sub compact and LCP sized 380 equally well, and like both of them, the deciding factor should be what one you will most likely carry 100% of the time, not that 380 costs a few $ more a box than 9mm. Lots of us carry 45 ACP, 357 Mag(or Sig), 10mm, or any other number of calibers that are a good bit more expensive than 9mm (and still shoot them)

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I carry a Ruger SP101 357 mag OWB. I've tried various IWB holsters and even a shoulder holster and found all to be awkward for me since I am petite. Finally I bought a good gun belt and started carrying OWB. I cover it when I think it might scare the natives but I usually forget I'm carrying because it is so comfortable to carry OWB.

Last spring I picked up the most adorable stainless, talo LCP 380 from a fellow INGO'er. In all honesty I bought the gun because it was pretty and reasonably priced. I was feeling kind of down and needed a gun fix. This sweet little LCP did the trick.

The more I handled the LCP marveling in how concealable it is the more attached to it I have become. Being a small gun I knew I needed to make some modifications to it to make it fit me better. Even though I have small hands the grip was too short to feel natural. I added a Hogue grip sleeve and the 1.25 magazine extensions. Both made the gun much more comfortable to hold and shoot.

A couple weeks ago on a whim I ordered the CT laser grips for it. Of course I had to order a new grip sleeve to fit the laser but it's been worth it in how it fits, looks and functions.

I bought the LCP with the intent that maybe I would carry it when the weather got hot. I've carried it with me a few times in my purse as a back up but never on my body. I didn't like the first holster I ordered. The leather was too stiff. I've had a hard time finding holsters for it locally or at the gun shows.

I have been reluctant to order another holster sight unseen but out of desperation, I finally caved tonight and ordered an OWB holster for the LCP. I plan to start carrying it at work. Although I sometimes carry my SP101 under my scrub top, I don't want to freak out one of the older vets or the customers if they notice my gun printing. I'd prefer to carry my SP101 but would rather carry my LCP than nothing at all.

While shopping for a new holster for the LCP I discovered I might be a prude. I saw the flash bang holster and the other bra holster and realized right away neither of those options are for me. I have a hard time imagining wanting to give someone I want to shoot a free show. No way, you have to be nice to me if you want to see my t:)ts.

After thinking about the above, I guess I kind of went with the turtleneck of holsters for the LCP. I wanted the retention snap just for the added security. I move a lot and in a lot of awkward positions when I handle animals or assist the vet. The snap just makes me feel better. Here's the holster I chose for the LCP.

Thumb Break Belt Holster for Ruger LCP 380 w Laser Black Leather Right Hand | eBay

Lori

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2012
    Hancock County
    I have enjoyed reading all these posts on here! I have owned my Bersa Thunder 380 for nearly two years, have my CC permit, yet have never utilized it. I purchased a holster back when I purchased my gun, but I am not a big fan of it :( I have been researching the Flashbang and really like all the reviews, my problem is I can't seem to find any reviews from plus-sized women! I am not a huge gal, but am what I like to call, "Pleasantly plump" ;) If anyone on here is also, "Pleasantly plump" and owns the Flashbang - let me know your thoughts.

skyeyes70

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2013
    Fishers
    Well, just for my follow up since I am the OP of this great thread, I went ahead and pulled the trigger (bad pun) and got the little Ruger LCP 380. I've been carrying that sucker everywhere! I got an IWB holster and appendix carry. Sometimes, I have to admit, I just toss it in my purse. I'm glad I got it but know that one day I will replace it with something bigger. However, I love how easy it is to conceal this gun and I realize after being comfortable carrying it, it wouldn't be much more difficult to carry something larger.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Well, just for my follow up since I am the OP of this great thread, I went ahead and pulled the trigger (bad pun) and got the little Ruger LCP 380. I've been carrying that sucker everywhere! I got an IWB holster and appendix carry. Sometimes, I have to admit, I just toss it in my purse. I'm glad I got it but know that one day I will replace it with something bigger. However, I love how easy it is to conceal this gun and I realize after being comfortable carrying it, it wouldn't be much more difficult to carry something larger.

I'm curious what you think of the trigger and the recoil?

skyeyes70

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2013
    Fishers
    To be honest, I have not had the opportunity to go out and shoot with this particular gun. However, I did shoot the same gun at the range before I decided to purchase it. I was totally fine with the recoil. Because the trigger pull is long, I remember at the range that I tend to wrap my first knuckle and not use the tip of my finger (if that makes sense). I was accurate with every shot. I do keep one in the chamber and this gun is not really for target shooting. It is for personal protections. In a life or death situation the long trigger pull isn't going to be an issue IMHO.

I am looking forward to going out the the range and shooting this one for a bit.

With the crazies out there doing home invasions, I don't go to my door without it unless I'm expecting someone. When I'm sitting on the couch, it's right here in my purse beside me too.

I know that many view a 380 as sub-par, but if I ever have to pull this (or any gun) then it's going to be in an oh s*it situation and 7 quick rounds will be fired and fired quickly! for the person on the receiving end, they will have one crazy mama shooting at them with this tiny gun and I don't think they will care much if it's a 380 or 45, they will most likely be trying to get the hell away.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Just some friendly advice. Occasionally gunmakers produce a lemon. You really should get out and test fire it before you carry. I would hate to see you depend upon something and have it fail on you. Anyway, I had the opportunity to shoot a friend's LCP .380 and I really couldn't control it very well. I am so used to shorter and lighter triggers that it felt like it was 20lbs. And the recoil was, to say the least, unpleasant. I guess smaller hands on the small grip would probably make it more comfortable. I hear a lot of folks talk these guns up and am beginning to think my experience was on me and not the gun. Anyway, good luck with your new gun and enjoy.

skyeyes70

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2013
    Fishers
    Thanks and I do plan on getting to a range after Christmas.

I do have smallish hands and I like the feel of the grip. I have 3 fingers that wrap the grip and then my pinky finger curls comfortably just under the base of the grip. For me, this seems very comfortable. Also, I think that since I haven't really shot many guns prior to training at the range, then I don't have a huge frame of reference. I'm sure when I get something bigger and the 380 becomes my BUG then I will probably feel like anything else has a hair trigger! LOL

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Sorry if I sounded like I was lecturing. I would seriously hate to see you need it and it not work. Anyway, from the .380, are you looking for a range gun or a bigger carry gun?

skyeyes70

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2013
    Fishers
    I really haven't gotten that far yet since I probably won't be able to buy another one until summer or later.
    Probably polymer though. Maybe Glock 26...M&P...or springfield xds. Just thinking about it though.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Oh, wait.........I forgot the Vice-President's advice: "Get a shotgun.

:laugh:
    Yeah, got one of those but it is a ***** to conceal!!
    Just boot-carry like me!
    BootCarry_zpsf77b7adc.jpg

Hahaha!

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I bought a holster that I am trying out for the first time today, and I'm finding that 4:00 is the most comfortable position for me to carry IWB. This little suede holster is actually quite handy. Right now I'm wearing IWB it at 4:00. I reversed the hook so that it's in left-hand carry position, but I have it on the right side. I can also wear it tucked into the front of my bra, as long as I don't have a low-cut top on.

Top Bottom