• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    If you're gonna use it a LOT... like clear woods, heat with wood... go ahead, bite the bullet and get a Stihl.

Me, I use one infrequently, so I have a 20V DeWalt. Still, I probably should get stuff to go with it like an extra battery, bar, and chain, but that thing hasn't let me down since I got it last spring.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If you're gonna use it a LOT... like clear woods, heat with wood... go ahead, bite the bullet and get a Stihl.

Me, I use one infrequently, so I have a 20V DeWalt. Still, I probably should get stuff to go with it like an extra battery, bar, and chain, but that thing hasn't let me down since I got it last spring.
    Im sure they dont make them like they used to, but my 028 still runs like a champ. How old? The bar says "Made in West Germany". :rockwoot:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    This week I learned the joys of an electric chain sharpener. I bought an Oregon sharpener at Lowe's and it's soooo much faster than hand sharpening with files. Like stupidly faster. Short learning curve to use, does a good job, and replacement stones are about $2 each. You aren't supposed to do the depth studs, only the teeth, but man I wish I'd learned about these things years ago.

They clip on to your vehicle's battery or can plug into a cigarette lighter plug. It was about $30. Totally and completely worth the cost for the amount of time saved and ability to sharpen the saw easy "in the field" without needing to clamp the saw down.

Top Bottom