• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If you use a shared grade hose, you're getting some of whatever the previous buyer got. Video shows testing for ethanol content.

Flush the hose into your vehicle before you fill your cans.
    Rarely, you can find a separate hose for ethanol-free.
    Thankfully the E-free I have seen are on their own hose even if on the same pump, the same type of pumps that have a diesel on a hose on the other side. Otherwise that sounds like smart advice…

ductape

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Unless you make a living with it, Stihl, MS 271 20" bar or MS 250 18" Bar. The 250 is a 'dirty' saw meaning no EPA crap. Will start and run forever. If you want a lighter weight, get the MS 180. Two nuts to hold the bar on and the chain tightening screw is on the side, not in front like the 170. A real pain. There is also a GSA 26 hand held battery saw that Stihl makes (4 inch bar). Keep it on the tractor to cut the stuff in front of my face. Real handy.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Go Husqvarna and don't look back. Always had good luck with them and won't have anything else. Got a Husqvarna dealer near by that are great saw doctors, and can flat set one up.

Dealers that know their crap make all the difference in the world .

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I finally stretched out the chain on my 290 this weekend. I put a new one on today. Holy cow! What a difference a new chain makes. I can never get them factory-new sharp.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I fell and buck and cut a lot of trees for someone who doesn’t do it for a living. My sawmill gets hungry and I have 170 acres of timber. I now own 11 chainsaws from a Stihl 170 to a Stihl 066. 4 of them are Dewalt. 12,16,18, and 20”. The 18 and 20” saws ARE beasts for what they are. I pretty much only use my two largest gas saws for felling and bucking sawlogs.

I appreciate not having to deal with gas as much, and I can put them down and pick them up without having to restart all of the time. And because it’s going to **** off the reactionaries here, I charge them with solar ;)

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    If you use a shared grade hose, you're getting some of whatever the previous buyer got. Video shows testing for ethanol content.

Flush the hose into your vehicle before you fill your cans.
    Rarely, you can find a separate hose for ethanol-free.
    I don't know about rarely. All the ethanol free around here is a separate pump completely. I've never even seen ethanol free at pump with multiple choices.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don't know about rarely. All the ethanol free around here is a separate pump completely. I've never even seen ethanol free at pump with multiple choices.
    In central Indiana these are common with either diesel, e-free, or e-15 on the second hose. More likely to see on the outskirts of the cities than in the cities…

1678234680216.jpeg

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    I bought an Echo Timberwolf based on the specs and price. It was a mistake. I'm a light user but it still only lasted a few years and was always hard to start. Before that I had a small Craftsman chainsaw. I don't k know who made it for Sears but it kicked-butt for many years.

Today I have a large and small Stihl. I've had them for about a year and so far no complaints at all.
    I researched electric saws but their running time on a battery was insufficient for my needs. Additional batteries didn't seem worth the cost.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Bought a new 20" chain and bar for my Stihl farm boss. Damn near half what I paid for the saw new 15 years ago or so

Top Bottom