• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Just a pre-warning to folks who will be outraged by this.

Please keep your comments directly related to this particular incident and refrain from painting all police officers with a broad brush.

Thanks.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    The merit board still has the authority to fire him? I'm betting he hits the unemployment line on April 7th.

I believe, if the allegations are true, that the officer deserves to lose his job, but I think the 'back room deal' just ensured his job loss.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Can't say that this surprises me. Not the actions of the individual (because I do understand that not every LEO acts like this), but rather the way disciplinary and legal actions are being handled. This should be interesting.......or swept under the rug as usual.:popcorn:

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    This incident happened very close to the time that Greenfield officer William Phillips was killed in an accident. I'm not sure if this weighed in on the Chief's decision or how close the 2 officers were. Either way, the decision seems to me that it should have gone to the merit board. The only back room deals that should be usually made in instances of discipline are the deal to resign before going before the board.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I heard on the news that the Merit Board is going to have their own investigation.

I don't know what the issue is. It seems that the facts are that he had been drinking, had his child with him, drew his weapon, and began ordering people around after they confronted him.

I think the only thing in dispute is what the punishment should be. Which is why I'm surprised that the charges were dropped, unless there is something else in the works that isn't being revealed.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    This is a bunch of BS! Backroom deals isnt anything I think is surprising from the greenwood chief. Dines daddy probly had something on the current chief. who knows. Im glad to see the merrit board take the appropriate step and launch their own investigation. Sad part is, this officer is still on the street trolling! WHERES THE PROSECUTOR IN ALL THIS???!?!?!?!?!!

Nick has really beefed up a lot. I dont know if its from alcohol or food, but he use to be nice and trim.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    This is a bunch of BS! Backroom deals isnt anything I think is surprising from the greenwood chief. Dines daddy probly had something on the current chief. who knows. Im glad to see the merrit board take the appropriate step and launch their own investigation. Sad part is, this officer is still on the street trolling! WHERES THE PROSECUTOR IN ALL THIS???!?!?!?!?!!

Nick has really beefed up a lot. I dont know if its from alcohol or food, but he use to be nice and trim.

Might be from accumulated stress...

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Who hasn't gotten drunk and ordered people around asking if they're rednecks? If you can't abuse your power while drunk and in front of your children, when can you?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If you are surprised at these charges being dropped, I have the deed to the Brooklyn bridge. I'll trade it for a nice 1911.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Back Room Deals

I thought Lady Justice was supposed to wear the blindfold...

Not the American Public.

485424062_c3a81d0ba9.jpg

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Wait...the guy who locked his kids in the car, got drunk at an Applebbee's, and waved his pistol around is calling other people a redneck?

Last edited:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    This incident happened very close to the time that Greenfield officer William Phillips was killed in an accident. I'm not sure if this weighed in on the Chief's decision or how close the 2 officers were. Either way, the decision seems to me that it should have gone to the merit board. The only back room deals that should be usually made in instances of discipline are the deal to resign before going before the board.

Nick Dine is a cop is GREENWOOD

William Phillips was a cop in GREENFIELD.

Different towns, different counties, different police departments.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Coupla' things

Probably from the new Duncan Donuts there at Smith Valley and US 31.

1. Just so everybody understands, we're talking about departmental disciplinary charges, not criminal charges. Obviously the deal isn't done because the Merit Board is continuing the investigation.

2. It's Dunkin Donuts! How many times we gotta' tell ya'? :dunno:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    The charges stem from an incident last October in an Applebee's parking lot where Officer Dine allegedly left a baby alone in a car then displayed a badge and gun to witnesses who said they would call 911. Dine allegedly asked patrons if they were rednecks, ordered one of them to the ground and later refused to take a blood-alcohol test after another officer smelled alcohol on Dine's breath.

Assault, intimidation, and a DUI with a child present gets you a 5 day unpaid vacation...

That's what would also happen to non-LEO, right?

Top Bottom