• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Pitcher won't sue the city. Too political for that - he won't close future doors by taking such action.

They should have let Nick go as he was never cut out for the job and have had problems with him obeying subpoenas, following requests for follow up from prosecutors etc. It's just a shame he isn't going to suffer what he has made many a defendant suffer through the Greenwood court system.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Pitcher won't sue the city. Too political for that - he won't close future doors by taking such action.

They should have let Nick go as he was never cut out for the job and have had problems with him obeying subpoenas, following requests for follow up from prosecutors etc. It's just a shame he isn't going to suffer what he has made many a defendant suffer through the Greenwood court system.
    This

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Here we go. A tidbit left out of the Fox 59 report.

Officer Nicholas Dine -- son of veteran Greenwood Police Lt. Bob Dine, who is challenging Mayor Charles Henderson in the May primary...

That probably explains the backroom deal.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110317/LOCAL0402/103170398/Greenwood-board-will-investigate-charges-against-cop?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|IndyStar.com

BINGO! Growing up in Greenwood I can tell you that the Dines are always at the center of turmoil. They think they are above the law and always have. The merit board fired the chief and the asst resigned so HOPEFULLY Dine will soon find his ass out of a job too. That way next time he gets stupid in a parking lot he can have his ass handed to him.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Funny how this thread isn't revived when good news happens. It appears that Officer Dine has been suspended for 30 days without pay as well as ordered into anger management classes. I'm not sure the penalty is stiff enough (I haven't read all the evidence but being fired seems to be in-line for the situation) for his actions but at least the citizen merit board had the opportunity to evaluate the situation and hand out what they deemed to be appropriate punishment.

I realize that if a citizen draws a weapon during an altercation, they will likely by charged with felony intimidation. Also, if they wish to not cooperate with the officer on scene for a Portable Breath Test, they will likely be arrested on the spot for public intox based purely on the odor of an alcoholic beverage coming from their person. This situation is far from perfect but the merit board of Greenwood has spoken and they picked the punishment.

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Funny how this thread isn't revived when good news happens. It appears that Officer Dine has been suspended for 30 days without pay as well as ordered into anger management classes. I'm not sure the penalty is stiff enough (I haven't read all the evidence but being fired seems to be in-line for the situation) for his actions but at least the citizen merit board had the opportunity to evaluate the situation and hand out what they deemed to be appropriate punishment.

I realize that if a citizen draws a weapon during an altercation, they will likely by charged with felony intimidation. Also, if they wish to not cooperate with the officer on scene for a Portable Breath Test, they will likely be arrested on the spot for public intox based purely on the odor of an alcoholic beverage coming from their person. This situation is far from perfect but the merit board of Greenwood has spoken and they picked the punishment.
    I hardly think giving a cop who is usually at the center of turmoil a slap on the wrist is good news. He should have been fired and then had charges filed against him. Being a cop should not get you a free pass to be an *******. His family has plenty of cash so sending him on a 30 day vacation hardly seems like a penalty.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    I hardly think giving a cop who is usually at the center of turmoil a slap on the wrist is good news. He should have been fired and then had charges filed against him. Being a cop should not get you a free pass to be an *******. His family has plenty of cash so sending him on a 30 day vacation hardly seems like a penalty.

The big uproar was caused by the backroom deal. At least that's what the comments suggest. The merit board spoke, is that not good news?

I agree with everything you wrote, btw.

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    The backroom deal was handled by the merit board firing the chief and the asst resigning. Dine should also have been let go, given his track record. Ever had to deal with this guy? Extremely arrogant just like his dad.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i dont think this is good news at all. he remains on the job to break the law another time. which im sure will happen. will he FIRE his weapon the next time instead of just pulling it and kill an innocent person? ALL greenwood residents should be outraged and demand he be fired immediately. your not safe in greenwood while this thug patrols your streets!

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    i dont think this is good news at all. he remains on the job to break the law another time. which im sure will happen. will he FIRE his weapon the next time instead of just pulling it and kill an innocent person? ALL greenwood residents should be outraged and demand he be fired immediately. your not safe in greenwood while this thug patrols your streets!

QFT

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    :+1:
    :+1:

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    i should have said drunk thug instead of just thug. why didnt they send him to rehab also??

He just finished a stint of rehab which is why he didn't want to take the PBT because he stated that he consumed 2 shots earlier in the day:rolleyes:

I've never met nor dealt with this officer or any others in his family.

The only way to fix this situation is for the citizens of Greenwood to band together and demand that whoever is responsible for the merit board appointees (mayor?) change the merit board and rehear this case. I agree with everyone that the punishment is not severe enough but I don't know the entire story. Like I said, the original posts were angry about the back room deal and wanted the merit board to hear the case. Now that has happened and the posters are angry about the decision of the merit board.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    He just finished a stint of rehab which is why he didn't want to take the PBT because he stated that he consumed 2 shots earlier in the day:rolleyes:

The only way to fix this situation is for the citizens of Greenwood to band together and demand that whoever is responsible for the merit board appointees (mayor?) change the merit board and rehear this case. I agree with everyone that the punishment is not severe enough but I don't know the entire story. Like I said, the original posts were angry about the back room deal and wanted the merit board to hear the case. Now that has happened and the posters are angry about the decision of the merit board.

yep, because a merit board is not the law. this officer needs to face a REAL LIFE JUDGE. then if he is found innocent in the laws eyes then maybe one could swallow that pill. but if he is found guilty, being a former cop (at that point) im sure he would still never see the inside of a cell. cops more often than not dont ever get the same harsh sentences the regular public get for the same crimes.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    yep, because a merit board is not the law. this officer needs to face a REAL LIFE JUDGE. then if he is found innocent in the laws eyes then maybe one could swallow that pill. but if he is found guilty, being a former cop (at that point) im sure he would still never see the inside of a cell. cops more often than not dont ever get the same harsh sentences the regular public get for the same crimes.

Once again, all this is true. I'm guessing that the pendulum effect may take over in the near future where cops get harsher sentences than the general public, much like has been done with celebrities (not all but Plaxico Burress spending a year in federal for carrying a handgun in NYC comes to mind). The citizens of Johnson County (I think that's where Greenwood is) can contact their prosecutor and ask that charges be filed. The prosecutor makes the ultimate decision on whether someone faces trial. Unfortunately, the current prosecutor still has another 3 years on their current term.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Finally, justice!

He left a baby unattended in his car while he got drunk and pointed his gun at civilians.

And he is told to go to anger management classes that he should already be in. LOL :rofl:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

Before we move to review the policies of the merit board, a good first step would be for members of the brotherhood to not allow thier brothers to duck PBTs. The responding member of the brotherhood stated that he detected alcohol, but capitulated to Dine's refusal to be tested. Lets start there first.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Funny how this thread isn't revived when good news happens.

Good news?

This crime would have landed any of us in jail. Yet you expect us to be satisfied that this alcoholic, child neglecting, gun waving, citizen-assaulting lunatic is not only avoiding criminal prosecution but will be allowed to keep his job as a public enforcer?

Did you grow up in the Soviet Union?

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    If this guy has an alcohol problem to say the least then I would expect his fellow officer brothers to have a trust issue with this officer having their back in the field. :dunno: I sure wouldn't want to use this guy as a back up with my life. they should be demanding this officer to be off the streets.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    If this guy has an alcohol problem to say the least then I would expect his fellow officer brothers to have a trust issue with this officer having their back in the field. :dunno: I sure wouldn't want to use this guy as a back up with my life. they should be demanding this officer to be off the streets.

THANK YOU! thats exactly the first thing i think about in cases like this with police, fireman, and the military or even construction workers for that matter. Its not acceptable or cool to come to work drunk EVER! Geesh, if they dont care about the innocent people then please at least think about your beloved co-workers who you might potentially kill or mame.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Good news?

This crime would have landed any of us in jail. Yet you expect us to be satisfied that this alcoholic, child neglecting, gun waving, citizen-assaulting lunatic is not only avoiding criminal prosecution but will be allowed to keep his job as a public enforcer?

Did you grow up in the Soviet Union?

i dont think thats what he meant. i think he was just saying at least something was done in the open this time.

Top Bottom