• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I love the look of you d.w but the vigil has the shorter grip does it not?
    The Vigil comes in 3 formats, being gov't 5" and commander 4.25" (both with standard grip length), and the 4.25" commander with a CCO grip length. And all 3 options can be had in 9mm or 45ACP. Mine is the standard commander, not the CCO commander.

Almost forgot - there is also a gov't length threaded barrel option in both calibers.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you dont have 1k to spend, i would go with a ruger SR1911. Great shooter out the box and ive had zero issues. Can be had for around $550-$600 used and $800 new.
    I also picked up a used Springfield Champion and I've got no complaints with it either. I paid $450 for this one (used) with one gi mag and 2 mecgar mags.

This was my first jump into 1911s and i couldnt be happier for the money spent.

With both of these i can shoot a 1" group all day long at 10 yards, and have had no issues with reliability either.

Be careful with that Champion. They do Morph into something a bit crazy if you let them......Just saying.

The Champion is on top. The DW A2 on the bottom. I will put the triggers in either one against anything that came out of Colt. Not meaning to ruffle any feathers. Not my intent. Materials and technique's have advanced.

Since this pic the Champion has morphed again.
    04pq1TK.jpg

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Do a 1911 the same way, and you won't be disappointed.
    so which threaded barrel CZ did you get? I know a guy that like to shoot suppressed.:cool:

Ive only shot suppressed once.. At p.b.
    I got the omega, urban grey. I love it, but with the threat of moving to commigo..

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    The Vigil comes in 3 formats, being gov't 5" and commander 4.25" both with standard grip length, and the 4.25" commander with a CCO grip length. And all 3 options can be had in 9mm or 45ACP. Mine is the standard commander, not the CCO commander.

Almost forgot - there is also a gov't length threaded barrel option.

I think it will be the govt im leaning towards..

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Be careful with that Champion. They do Morph into something a bit crazy if you let them......Just saying.

The Champion is on top. The DW A2 on the bottom. I will put the triggers in either one against anything that came out of Colt. Not meaning to ruffle any feathers. Not my intent. Materials and technique's have advanced.

Since this pic the Champion has morphed again.
    04pq1TK.jpg

I got told theses were for sale.. They said $399.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    I hate these threads. Now I'm going in search of my next one. There goes the bank account.:rolleyes:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If you haven't had one before and don't know how to take one down, I would suggest find a used 70's series Colt with an idiot scratch already on it. Practice with it, take it apart, clean it, put it back together, shoot it some more. Do that for a year and then decide what you want to get. If you are going to drop 2 grand, you can buy a Les Baer, I think you might even find a used Ed Brown for that money.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Ive only shot suppressed once.. At p.b.
    I got the omega, urban grey. I love it, but with the threat of moving to commigo..
    Urban Gray, always a good choice.

and as good as this trigger is, it doesn't compare to a tuned 1911.

E5F91D86-9480-4D88-85BB-2F8343811799_zpsjs90v2qh.jpg

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    30yo and think you have reached the end of the "gun flu" incubation period... lol.

For future consideration: 1952 manufactured Argentine lic copy of a 1927 Colt.

The slide is as tight as a Mexican hat band.

They blessed me with a new barrel and bushing before sending it state side.

Blued not parked.

Other than the fancy writing and the absent "panicked pony" on the other side this is what a 1927 Colt looked like.

Yet another LGS find. The same honey hole I got the Winnie heavy duck and the US property Colt 1911. Sorry, there are only two chairs for customer use...

P.S. I bought it for less than $400 (you, my friend, have to find your own serendipity)

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Or you could do what I have done before....

Cheap parkarized RIA and a custom trigger and spring work...Well under $600 and I have an edc that may not be as pretty as some, but runs VERY well.

I recently had a guy at the range with a TRP. We swapped pistols for several mags (I shot his TRP while he shot my RIA). I thought he was going to cry when I told him what he was shooting and pointed out I had about a third of the cost in mine vs what he had in his. ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Or you could do what I have done before....

Cheap parkarized RIA and a custom trigger and spring work...Well under $600 and I have an edc that may not be as pretty as some, but runs VERY well.

I recently had a guy at the range with a TRP. We swapped pistols for several mags (I shot his TRP while he shot my RIA). I thought he was going to cry when I told him what he was shooting and pointed out I had about a third of the cost in mine vs what he had in his. ;)

Does not really matter. It is only money. This is what I tell my spouse. She uses this against me often......:)

I need a stock as a rock 1911 to EDC. All of mine are insanely modified. To loose one of them to an evidence locker would be devastating. But I will still not buy an RIA. I am a bit of a perfectionists. That marque does not fit into that slot. I have been in too many of them.
    I will say they have stepped up their game in the last few years. If you have one and like it.....:thumbsup:

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    This will never be carried. So this will one of a few that if its pretty im keeping it pretty. Im at the point where i have the tools I need. They get treated as such. Used hard but treated with a respect.

Top Bottom