i-jMppV6L-XL.jpg
    I love it too! And the dinosaur balls :):

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    Just remember. That expensive 1911 is supposed to suck for the first 500 rounds.

they all suck at first...

thats how i got my last 1911.
    plain jane norinco, sitting in a gunshop for $200. i questioned the guy behind the counter about it, and what was wrong with it.
    customer came in a bought it only because it was a 1911, grabbed a box of ammo and went to the range. comes back the next day to complain about the POS he bought, trades it in on a 9mm glock.

i bought it with the intention of using it as a limited USPSA and bowling pin gun. the feed ramp was so bad it looked like it was cut with a claw hammer and dull chisel. a few minutes with a dremel and it worked great. i changed out the grips, beavertail, safety and trigger.
    a little throating in the barrel and it feeds SWC with no problems.
    it's ugly, rattles like a thrashing machine, but runs flawlessly.

:cheers:

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    If you haven't already, start browsing through the "1911 Show-N-Tell" sticky thread here in this forum. Some beautiful guns there for sure!

I have a Dan Wesson Silverback 1911 that I love to pieces. Totally stock, and shoots like a dream. One of only two of my pistols that don't have trigger jobs on them after buying, so that tells you something. It was really great out of the box.

I have found (as has been mentioned in this thread a thousand times and you found with your CZ's), upgrades to guns cost a fortune, and most times end up costing more than if you just bought something nice to begin with. That is my 2 cents, and others will argue, but that is OK.

You know what else sucks? To buy a nice new gun, shoot it a few times, and then give it to someone for upgrades and you don't get to play with it for a few weeks. That sucks!!! :):

My dad used to tell me a great story growing up about his WWII 1911 Officer model. He said it was pretty accurate at 20 yards... IF YOU THREW IT!!! LOL! Shooting it was another story, and you couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it.

Here's a good place to look at/for 1911's, I'm told.. Indiana Gun Club :: Inventory :: Guns For Sale

^^^THIS^^^

Great people to deal with. One of the best hidden gems in the Indy area. Found them about 8 months ago, and I now give them a large piece of my business. Great folks to deal with. They are mainly a shotgun house with all of their trap/skeet/sporting clays ranges, but they have an incredible selection of handguns as well (one of the largest around) and also have GREAT prices in reloading supplies. Definitely worth a visit.

Good on paper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 18, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Beware the rabbit hole!
    About 18 months ago I agonized over spending the money on an RIA 1911... Today my PT Evo grip for my STI based custom 2011 came in.
    The grip alone cost as much as the Rock Island :)

Top Bottom