CNN: Children should get vaccinated. Period.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    There's so much hypocrisy with it, too.

There are all sorts of ways that parents increase their childrens odds of contracting and spreading diseases that could kill immunocompromised people.

- Feed them junk food
    - Fail to feed them the proper nutrients
    - Send them to daycare
    - Don't teach them basic hygiene
    - Allow them in public when they are clearly sick

Measles is barely more dangerous than the common flu, which is widely spread by all of these behaviors. I don't see a bunch of busybodies wringing their hands and wetting their panties over these.

People should stay home when they are sick?

But I was lambasted pretty well for making that assertion in a thread a few months ago. I couldn't even get people to admit they had a duty to their fellow man to not go out in public if they were ill.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

But I was lambasted pretty well for making that assertion in a thread a few months ago. I couldn't even get people to admit they had a duty to their fellow man to not go out in public if they were ill.

We do our very best to keep our kids isolated when they are ill. It's impossible to do this to perfection, but we certainly try.

I don't know about 'duty' but I do think it is the right thing to do. And it ought to remain an ethical issue, not a legal one.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We do our very best to keep our kids isolated when they are ill. It's impossible to do this to perfection, but we certainly try.

I don't know about 'duty' but I do think it is the right thing to do. And it ought to remain an ethical issue, not a legal one.

I couldn't even get anybody to say it was the right thing to do.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Hmm. Maybe I'm wrong here, I don't know. Sometime's its really unavoidable, but we try. At least during the worst, most contagious parts of the infection.

I know. It seems to me to be common decency to try to stay away from public and passing "it" along.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I couldn't even get anybody to say it was the right thing to do.

I missed that thread. It is the right thing to do.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That's because it's not. It's not a universal truth. It's an opinion.

From what I've learned in my time on INGO is there are no universal truths. Your universal truth, or heck--just your sense of common decency is you forcing your opinion on me (and vice versa).

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    From what I've learned in my time on INGO is there are no universal truths. Your universal truth, or heck--just your sense of common decency is you forcing your opinion on me (and vice versa).
    That's what the disingenuous control freaks would like you to believe.

Whether or not there's an absolute truth is somewhat moot to the discussion. What's relevant is that no one should be able to use the power and authority of government to coerce others to live according to that truth (or any other, for that matter).

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It kinda goes without saying. "It's the right thing to do." is subjective. But that doesn't mean we can't say it and try to convince others of its "rightness".

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Whether or not there's an absolute truth is somewhat moot to the discussion. What's relevant is that no one should be able to use the power and authority of government to coerce others to live according to that truth (or any other, for that matter).

I agree with this. This is why I keep harping on the use of the court system as a hammer to beat everybody into the same mold.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Some of your responses are pretty funny. People don't read the "If you have any flu like symptoms, stay the **** out" signs that we have posted. Every year, we have an outbreak of influenza. Every year, we have a few people die related to influenza like illness. That's just the elderly.

Yeah, you may be fine, and be able to fight **** off. IF you get sick, stay home and don't pass it on. The vaccinations against influenza are helpful, but not the only thing that helps. If people would not be fired for staying home when they were sick, this wouldn't be an issue. As it is, people HAVE to work sick, and it's pretty sad.

I'm not going to go through herd immunity, and microbio cell marker changes from host to host. A vaccine can be rendered irrelevant after a few host jumps. Markers change. This is why we have no vaccine to HIV, it's marker change from host to host. Other "viruses" aren't quite that efficient, but markers do change a bit...

wabashman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    If people would not be fired for staying home when they were sick, this wouldn't be an issue. As it is, people HAVE to work sick, and it's pretty sad.

It would be nice if you could stay home from work when you are legitimately sick, but we all know this would be taken advantage of way to often.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Vaccines are a bunch of crap. They actually suppress your immune system from functioning as it should. The reason certain diseases have been eradicated is do to the fact that running water in homes along with better sanitation. Not to mention the vaccines they push and in some instances force upon you are loaded with mercury. This has been directly related to autism and a lot of other condititons. Take them at your own risk! I will not

You forgot the pur.. ....wait a minute....you're serious.

quadruple_facepalm.jpg

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

But if we made a law and it saved one life, wouldn't it be worth it?

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Statistically they are pretty safe. I will be vaccinating my children. I get my flu shot because I work in healthcare (regularly in contact with potentially sick people) plus my employer gives it to me for free.

Is your employer one who mandates flu vaccine as a condition of employment?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    florez30
    Top Bottom