• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Oh, you can wear a plate carrier. But quit putting the JSOC uniform on.

Of officers feloniously killed in 2019, 9 were involved in tactical situations
    3 were barricaded/hostage situations
    3 were serving, or attempting to serve, search warrants
    2 were serving, or attempting to serve, arrest warrants
    1 was reported in the category titled “other tactical situation”---FBI

GettyImages-925123658-800x533.jpg

Last edited:

ziggy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Fort Wayne area
    I believe ending qualified immunity for all government employees would be a good thing. Better the government employees fear the people than the people fear for their rights especially in the face of EPA, USDA, etc., etc., etc. Police officers could purchase professional liability insurance the same way doctors and lawyers do
    I heard that Derek Chauvin had 18 complaints against him for excessive use of force. I have no idea if that is true or not, but I can tell you that if it is true, he would probably not have been able to buy professional liability insurance at any price and would have moved to a different line of work. Maybe you think that would have been a bad thing, but 700 burned buildings in Minneapolis might still be standing.
    I understand that police work is very hard and dangerous and I would not be capable of doing it. But maybe we would be better off without the QI doctrine.
    Please take a look at the cases described here: https://www.cato.org/blog/supreme-c...qualified-immunity-cases-new-ally-joins-fight and tell me what you think.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I’m fine with ending qualified immunity so long as we see major tort reforms across the board. Punitive damages against those who file frivolous lawsuits, criminal charges for perjury (every time) and juries consisting of actual peers of those being sued, not citizens with zero experience in the area of the complaint.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The brass could lose some badges as well. Some of these guys look like third world dictators.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    You want to look scary and frighten the genpop into compliance? You succeeded.

Uhh, not by a long shot. It's protective equipment worn to protect the wearer when they're doing things which pose a significant threat to their health. It would be wonderful if it weren't needed but in many instances it is, at least from the wearer's perspective. That **** weighs a ton and I've spent hundreds of hours wearing it. I sure as hell have never been that interested in looking cool or scary. Perhaps going in to a bldg to apprehend a known armed dangerous felon wearing the Barney Fife uniform appeals to those who yearn for a time when Leave it to Beaver was still airing new episodes but fortunately, at least until now, LE has been allowed to take an active role in providing for their safety.

The "militarized" term always amuses me when people start talking about SWAT teams. LE didn't borrow tactics from the military, it was the other way around.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I'm sure it can all be justified, Phylo.

The problem is perception. And LEO's have a losing PR battle right now. So, tamping down the paramilitary cosplay would be a good thing.

Doesn't bother me that a large city has a SWAT team dressed this way. But.....there is too much "every problem is a nail to a hammer" perception.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Guess I don't disagree, you're probably right. I've never been much concerned with perception as it frequently has little to nothing to do with reality. Particularly if the media gets an opportunity to regulate the information. This country has a significant "feelings" problem these days, coupled with an almost complete refusal to accept reality.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Yep. Most of us here are strong in support of "law & order".

It wouldn't hurt for the chiefs to start dressing like civilians. The pendulum may have swung too far.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Yep. Most of us here are strong in support of "law & order".

It wouldn't hurt for the chiefs to start dressing like civilians. The pendulum may have swung too far.

Most of them should be wearing dog costumes, down on all fours on a leash next to their political appointers.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I wear an outer carrier because it’s cooler in hot weather, more comfortable, and distributes weight better. Studies have shown its better for lower backs and hips than the standard belt. It has nothing to do with cosplay or intimidation. The fact that I’m explaining to gun owners that militaristic appearances (AR15) don’t mean anything is ridiculous.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I would bet that stuff is miserably hot to wear. Bad color for a hot sunny day as well.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    What criteria would make the difference? I feel the same way, but I tam haunted by the Janis quote. Many individuals I know won't act because it could endanger something important to them. Individuals is the key word. There is safety in numbers, faces in a crowd so to speak. That fuels the lefts riots. Would it fuel a response from the right if they believed it could be so? I am single income with a wife that has an autoimmune disorder and I don't know what would happen if I lost income AND health insurance.

If I'm going to stand up and take a (figurative) bullet, I'm going to wait until I believe it will make a difference. I don't do cannon fodder

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    People are starting to take those down.
    I seem to remember that many of us started to put blue lights on our porches. Have we been forgotten? Are y'all so caught up in today, you forgot that we are still there?

What would you like us to do? If you are looking for permission to break some heads.....please do. Go for it.

Top Bottom