• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Wow! I am so surprised they managed to make it our alive! Did they have to flee with a pack of gangsters chasing them out of the city?

They drove up. Did not take the L. Were out before dark.

Couple yrs ago, oldest and I did Bottom Lounge pre show party (concert at United Center). We went early, parked by lounge. Cops at McD across street.
    Took the Reggie's shuttle to UC and back.
    No probs.
    Bouncer said 2 yrs before he wouldn't have ventured into the area.
    On way out............go two or three blocks and it went from nice to bad........then back to nice.
    People out for drinks/dinner.............walking.........but not in that block or two span.
    That was obviously not the place to be.

I know some folks up there, so plan my route for least chance of problem.
    Some places you had better not break down.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I'd love to sample the food at all the mom and pop places in Chicago.
    Am too chicken to hit a lot of them, due to location.
    But the older I get, the more hungry I become.

Pretty specific in what we do in the Windy City. Planned out.
    Not much of an adventure............no just winging it.
    Pleasantly uneventful though.

I keep checking Reggies, Aragon, Bottom Lounge and Metro.
    Mortiis or TBM hopefully hit the Windy City.

Last edited:

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    Most of us can't do that without risking serious legal issues if we get caught or have to use it.
    I'm not advocating breaking the law.... that being said, I would rather be caught with it than be caught without it.. take that how you want.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Judged by 12 or carried by 6...or just stay out of Chitown for the win. There are plenty of things you can do here in the land of the more free and carry while you're doing it.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I'd love to sample the food at all the mom and pop places in Chicago.
    Am too chicken to hit a lot of them, due to location.
    But the older I get, the more hungry I become.

Pretty specific in what we do in the Windy City. Planned out.
    Not much of an adventure............no just winging it.
    Pleasantly uneventful though.

I keep checking Reggies, Aragon, Bottom Lounge and Metro.
    Mortiis or TBM hopefully hit the Windy City.

I have determined that at this time of my life and the current state of affairs in this country - I am not going to see, visit or eat everything I have ever thought of wanting to try.

I have lived next to Chicago for many many years. In the last 30 years I have purposely stayed out of Chicago not only because of the violence, but stress, traffic and COST. It just is not worth any of my time, stress or money. People who know me, know I will not visit. When I was younger - that was a different story all together - I was young, dumb and invincible.

My wife and I are very happy to be here, and yes, we do miss the food (REAL Italian pizza, hot dogs and other junk foods) -

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have determined that at this time of my life and the current state of affairs in this country - I am not going to see, visit or eat everything I have ever thought of wanting to try.

I have lived next to Chicago for many many years. In the last 30 years I have purposely stayed out of Chicago not only because of the violence, but stress, traffic and COST. It just is not worth any of my time, stress or money. People who know me, know I will not visit. When I was younger - that was a different story all together - I was young, dumb and invincible.

My wife and I are very happy to be here, and yes, we do miss the food (REAL Italian pizza, hot dogs and other junk foods) -
    I've always said that Chicago would be great if it weren't for all the people, buildings and traffic. ;)

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

C'mon man, Lawrys The Prime Rib? So close, yet so far!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Good news.

If you do are not a gang member, the family of the gang member, selling drugs, buying drugs, or facilitating either, or hanging out in gang/drug infested areas, you're pretty much in the clear.

...and you'll know the areas when you see them...

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Good news.

If you do are not a gang member, the family of the gang member, selling drugs, buying drugs, or facilitating either, or hanging out in gang/drug infested areas, you're pretty much in the clear.

People get lost though, sometimes catastrophically.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Good news.

That is becoming less true every year. The gangs are spreading out more

Top Bottom