• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Will follow this thread. I asked for dinner suggestions in the NRA thread and got White Castle. While sign free it was not exactly what I was looking for. Planning on Lox and Bagels at Shapiros both mornings so hope they don’t post a sign. Now to find a nice Friday night dinner.

Sorry, man. I couldnt resist. :):

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    Just called Nine Irish Brothers on Mass. Ave. I talked to the manager and he said no one has contacted them about putting up a no firearms sign. He also said the owner has a carry license as do many employees and that our business would be welcome.

http://nineirishbrothers.com/

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    a bulletin board inside might not be "posting or exhibiting a notice at the main entrance in a manner that is either prescribed by law or likely to come to the attention of the public"

I'm neither supporting or opposing any particular action. I'm just saying.

Where does that quote come from? Is Indiana now enforcing dress codes?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    That property is a DOG BAKERY. Unless you need treats for your service dog just do not go there.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I don't agree with the wording in the OP. Why tip these places off to posting a sign that can get someone hauled off for trespass? Don't let them know about the specific wording of that sign. If they want to be anti-gun, fine, let them use their regular non-enforceable sign.

If someone doesn't see the regular "no Berettas" sign while carrying, no biggie. That MDA sign, according to Guy, can get someone in bigger trouble.

:ugh:

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Will follow this thread. I asked for dinner suggestions in the NRA thread and got White Castle. While sign free it was not exactly what I was looking for. Planning on Lox and Bagels at Shapiros both mornings so hope they don’t post a sign. Now to find a nice Friday night dinner.

Recommendations really depend on how close you want it to be, what type of food you want and how much you want to spend. The last time the NRA Annual Meeting was in Indy my wife and I tried 4 restaurants before finding one with a reasonable wait at 5PM. We ended up at St. Elmo's which was good but $$$$. Without reservations it might be really difficult to get into a lot of the reasonably priced places that are near the Convention Center. Unless they post a sign, my wife and I will be at Shapiro's for breakfast Friday morning too.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Almost every manager I spoke to was totally supportive of us. I had a hard time getting off the phone with several both men and women gun enthusiasts.

Of the ones that are listed in red, a couple have no gun policies because they serve alcohol (I informed them that their policy is not state law)

The one listed as NO OPEN CARRY said they did not want their regular customers to freak out.

I had a good laugh with a couple that a business would turn away 80,000 deep pocketed good tippers.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Recommendations really depend on how close you want it to be, what type of food you want and how much you want to spend. The last time the NRA Annual Meeting was in Indy my wife and I tried 4 restaurants before finding one with a reasonable wait at 5PM. We ended up at St. Elmo's which was good but $$$$. Without reservations it might be really difficult to get into a lot of the reasonably priced places that are near the Convention Center. Unless they post a sign, my wife and I will be at Shapiro's for breakfast Friday morning too.

Most of the nicer restauraunts have websites and you can make a reservation.

I was asked If I wanted to make a reservation by Weber grill this morning.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Recommendations really depend on how close you want it to be, what type of food you want and how much you want to spend.

Looking for a nice meal. Perhaps like St. Elmos but maybe just a touch down the price scale. Could go for seafood as easily as steak or even Italian. Plan would be to leave the Convention Center, walk to dinner, then walk back to my truck and leave. Open to recommendations.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Looking for a nice meal. Perhaps like St. Elmos but maybe just a touch down the price scale. Could go for seafood as easily as steak or even Italian. Plan would be to leave the Convention Center, walk to dinner, then walk back to my truck and leave. Open to recommendations.

The map has links to price ranges and comments.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Most of the nicer restauraunts have websites and you can make a reservation.

I was asked If I wanted to make a reservation by Weber grill this morning.

I know, I just hate making reservations and then having to rush around to make it there on time. This time I'm hoping my wife will be ready to get out of Dodge early on Friday once we have seen everything but I'll probably be making reservations for Saturday.

The Oceanaire is good for seafood but is likely to be as or more expensive than St. Elmos. I purposefully don't go downtown often so other than those two, the only other places I'm familiar with are the brewpub type places like the Claddagh or the Ram, both of which are ok but a lot farther down the price scale. I'm thinking about trying to talk my wife into Fogo de Chao, after walking around downtown all day, I'll be ready to do some damage!

Top Bottom